The NHL Thread

Comments

I hope the Lightning obliterate them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Same here. Hoping for an inevitable Pens/Lightning series. That'd be insane.
    I hate Boston sports teams so much.

Guess I’ll spend some time later watching the highlights of the Hawks beating them for the Cup.
    I've never been a Bruins fan, either.
    Can’t even explain to you how much I hate the Patriots. Even more.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I hope Tampa Bay eats them up and craps them out in four
    It’d be nice to get some different results.........
    It's been a pretty miserable ending for a lot of us it sounds like as far as first-round disappointments go.

These will still be fun to watch, just some edge will be gone.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I hate Boston sports teams so much.

Guess I’ll spend some time later watching the highlights of the Hawks beating them for the Cup.

Personally I can't stand the Red Sox. I'll give them that epic comeback in '04, but then it gets kinda' ridiculous. After that I would hear people say they liked Boston just because they didn't like the Yankees.

But for all the hatred of NY, which I don't have any love for, necessarily, Boston does the exact same things as far as signing high-priced free agents, swinging trades and having a huge payroll just like the Yanks and falling short of the series and sometimes even the postseason. And to hear people like David Price take shots at a legend like Dennis Eckersley only adds fuel to that fire.
    I hate the Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots. Red Sox and Yankees I both hate a lot; Orioles fan.
    Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles fan here! I know Philly fans don't have the best reputation but hey these are my teams. Our underdog Eagles (without our star QB Carson Wentz no less) beat Brady and the much-hated Patriots and as you can imagine it was wild here in Philly!!

Now that my Flyers are out (they slept through 2 games against the Pens, then gave them a fight the next 2) I'm really excited about the Sixers. We just eliminated Miami Heat and we're on fire right now! We went into the playoffs with a 16-game winning streak!! Our players just have amazing synergy right now. Embiid and Simmons are just incredible! I'm positive we will win the East. Of course Golden State Warriors in the West will be a challenge.

Even the Phillies are doing good. It's exciting to be a Philly fan right now! :) Not all of us are beer-throwing scuzzballs. Some of us are rather classy. After all, some of us are Bond fans :)

Cheers, all!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    you're right @ringfire211 -- there must be some fans in Philadelphia that aren't foaming-at-the-mouth loony-bins--

But you guys are outliers, right?

And being classy and a Bond fan certainly sees you rising to the top of your brethren.

All joking aside-- welcome to Mi6 and welcome this thread.

Now that Toronto's been pushed onto the golf course, I want to see Crosby and the Boys three-peat (I actually always wanted to see this since I was calling for a Boston series win in 7; but now that it's actually happened, I can put 100% of my passion behind Sid and the Pens)!!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Ehh I'm pulling for either Tampa or the Capitals. No disrespect to Pittsburgh but for parody sake I need to watch another team. My bracket was Tampa-Nashville and I'm sticking to that
    Ehh I'm pulling for either Tampa or the Capitals. No disrespect to Pittsburgh but for parody sake I need to watch another team. My bracket was Tampa-Nashville and I'm sticking to that

If I wasn't a Pens fan, I'd root for others too for the sake of variety.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Next year will be my year to root for variety; this year I want to see the great Crosby take his rightful and undisputed spot as the modern era’s quintessential leader.
    peter wrote: »
    Next year will be my year to root for variety; this year I want to see the great Crosby take his rightful and undisputed spot as the modern era’s quintessential leader.

If they can walk away with the 3peat this year, then I will lay down and gladly accept someone else taking over and dominating next year. I don't need to see four in a row, as wishful thinking as that may be.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I’m with you @Creasy47
    It is nice to have it spiced up, no fun in the same team winning year after year. It's why, regardless of the fact that I despise American football/the NFL, I will always, always root against the Patriots. Seeing them lose this year was so rich and enjoyable.
    Well that wasn't how I had hoped this series would begin. Jesus.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Creasy47 -- just tuning in...
    peter wrote: »
    @Creasy47 -- just tuning in...

If you missed the first 17 seconds then you're good! Terrible, terrible way to get a period started, not just for the score but for the momentum you could've had. Immediately forced to play toward a comeback now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Pens will find their groove, BUT, most dangerous player right now is...

HOLTBY

... scares me...
    All they need is to sneak one or two pucks past him and he'll open up the floodgates. Pens can easily get under his skin, much like Lundqvist, when they find that spark.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,269
    Kind of reminds me of Ravens Steelers. Pittsburgh almost always manages to get under Baltimore’s skin and steal the important wins... though I don’t like the Caps. But both Pittsburgh teams often find a way to beat their rival. I’m taking the Pens in 7 - again. I don’t care how tonight’s game ends up.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Murray's save was siiiiiick
    I want to say that in most of these series that the Pens have gone on to inevitably beat the Caps, the Caps always win the first game. SO, I guess I can't be too upset if the same thing happens tonight.

That Murray save should (hopefully) get them to inevitably tie it up. Sometimes the Pens will build a crazy amount of momentum off a good save like that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think the playoff record between these teams is Pens 3/Caps 0
    If Murray isn't ending a period with a goal allowed, he's starting one with it. Damn.
    It’ll be fine. Just Game 1. Means nothing.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,473
    Pfft, still doesn't take the pain away. I take every game way too seriously, post-season or not.

TIED!!
    RIP Caps. Don’t even have to wait past Game 1 to see them crumble.