The NHL Thread

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Good point @TripAces. I love the Pens and Crosby, but if you don’t respect your opponent bad things happen, and fast. Playing with fire when they should have put this away in Game 5!
    High scoring game. Looks like the Flyers won’t go quietly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Might end up having a heart attack by the end of this game. This lovely comeback better not be tarnished by a last minute goal in the third to force a Game Seven. JUST END IT ALREADY!
    Long live the 2014-15 Hawks. What a fun playoff run that was...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ha!! Deep breaths @Creasy47, deep breaths!!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,473
    Five straight unanswered for the Pens and FOUR straight goals for Guentzel. Now THAT'S how you play a period. Sucked the life right out of the building.

Moving on to Round Two, Let's Go Pens!!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wow, I actually was pulled away from all this action. 4 for Guentzel!!
    And to wrap it all up, got to see the Flyers fans delay it up in the final few seconds by tossing beer and trash on the ice. All class.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    They’re just trash...jeeez and when you think about it, their team, no matter how much it pains me to say this, kept fighting til the bitter end.

Terrible.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Five straight unanswered for the Pens and FOUR straight goals for Guentzel. Now THAT'S how you play a period. Sucked the life right out of the building.

Moving on to Round Two, Let's Go Pens!!!!!

All of that after I turned the game off. So I won't be watching any more Pens games: they play better when I don't watch.
    Man. Will the Pens ever be stopped? They seem to own the league. Like the Pats of the NFL.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That was an emotional Anthem to start; it had weight considering the events from today.

Let’s kick Bruins ass and win.
    A terrible day for Toronto but it’s beautiful seeing everyone come together under hockey to pay respects. Beautiful stuff.

Let’s force that game seven, Toronto!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thanks @Creasy47 ... you’re a god damned gentleman before today; 10x more now
    peter wrote: »
    Thanks @Creasy47 ... you’re a god damned gentleman before today; 10x more now

Thank you, and same goes to you, sir! Always a gentleman.

Love seeing a team immediately come back to tie a game up after getting scored on.

Had to edit that - was 2-1 but it must've been disallowed. What a shame.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love the pushback from both teams.

This is one of those games where I have the diapers on and the bucket by my side...!
    Looking like that kind of game! That final Pens game yesterday required a few diapers and a defibrillator. Way too intense.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That was a scary few shifts from the bad guys
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Beauty
    Toronto acquires the lead (again)! I'm not watching live, why was Hyman's initial goal called off early into the second period?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Toronto acquires the lead (again)! I'm not watching live, why was Hyman's initial goal called off early into the second period?

They called it goalie interference. Not... but... them the breaks (.or not).
    If there's ONE rule I want to see be much more consistent and tightened, it's that. I've seen some blatant interference still lead to a goal, and the most laughable non-collisions turn a goal over. A little consistency always goes a long way.

Barring a last period comeback, looks like it'll be the Pens vs. Caps in Round Two yet again.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If that’s the case I do think Sidney will bury Ovie
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That’s a suspension?? On Backes
    I certainly hope so. If the Pens have to lose, let them lose in the third round; if they finally get ousted by the Caps in Round Two, I'll never hear the end of it. I'll gladly take a progression to Round Three in just four or five games, six tops.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Terrible reffing
    I'm reallllly pulling for a CBJ comeback. Would much prefer the Pens facing them.

Yeah the reffing has been pretty awful across the board these playoffs. It's like their urge to be "fair" just leads to way too many ridiculous penalties, embellished or not, or the refs are missing blatantly obvious calls. It's a shame.
    I'm reallllly pulling for a CBJ comeback. Would much prefer the Pens facing them.

Yeah the reffing has been pretty awful across the board these playoffs. It's like their urge to be "fair" just leads to way too many ridiculous penalties, embellished or not, or the refs are missing blatantly obvious calls. It's a shame.

No offense, but I’m not sure why you’d prefer Columbus. Pens own the Caps in the playoffs.
    FoxRox wrote: »

No offense, but I’m not sure why you’d prefer Columbus. Pens own the Caps in the playoffs.

The Pens have consistently decimated the Blue Jackets lately, much more so than the Caps.

Toronto forces that Game Seven, incredible!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    People forget that in 2013 it was the same story. Boston up 3 games to 1. Toronto wins Game 5 and 6 and forces a Game 7 in Boston. As a Leafs fan I am hoping for a different outcome then the one we got those years ago.

Weird thing, I have yet to watch them win. Every game I watched we lost. So who would like me over for some drinks and a Bondathon on Wednesday evening? LOL!