Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,779
    If I remember correctly, @Dragonpol also had a problem with this sign-in issue a few years back and had to create another account to log on to the forum because he couldn't sign in through Putinbook Facebook.

You're quite correct, Brady, except that it was the Twitter sign-in app. I was known as Dragonpol on Twitter shortly before in 2012 and so when I joined here back in December 2012 I did so via the Twitter sign-in app. This worked fine until some point in 2013 when it would no longer allow me to sign in that way.

I created @Dragonpol2 as a temporary means of rejoicing the forum in an open and transparent manner. I then used that profile to lobby the forum leadership for help. Eventually the great @JamesPage changed my account settings so that I could just sign in normally with username and password and I've never had any problems with signing in since.

So I would advise our friend @Tokoloshe to do the same as these sign-in apps can play up after a period of time for reasons unknown.

Signing in normally on the forum itself is of course always the best option, though if you register from Facebbok or Twitter you will need an admin to change your settings so you can do this. Hope this is of some help!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Dragonpol, Twitter, right. Well, that one is evil too. >:)

Of course it is, but I selfishly use it for my own nefarious ends (blog promotion). Facebook is useful to connect with friends and Bond people.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Of course it is, but I selfishly use it for my own nefarious ends (blog promotion). Facebook is useful to connect with friends and Bond people.
    @Dragonpol, Russia has definitely shown social media to be a vital brainwashing tool, so I understand your motives. You can hardly blame those spinning the propaganda when it's the public that willingly consumes it! Though I think your blog work is a lot more wholesome than anti-democratic articles about Crooked Hillary and the Washington elites. ;)
    Either remove the option of logging in using Facebook, or fix this issue, please:

"Can't load URL. The domain of this URL is not included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings."
    I dont know about the above as its a 1st time poster,so what the hell he/she/it is on about i dont know.

But,any chance of being able to delete a post once you have put it on the site ?
    I hate gaining useless posts and would rather delete them,it would make things run a lot smoother.
    Either remove the option of logging in using Facebook, or fix this issue, please:

"Can't load URL. The domain of this URL is not included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings."

I think that this is the same problem that @Tokoloshe is having at the minute. Only an admin can fix this as far as I know.
    Is there any technical way that users can be locked out of specific threads rather than the threads having to be locked if most people are enjoying reading/participating and just a few have caused an issue?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did anyone else here experience a lot of black squares on the board yesterday?
    Those squares were back yesterday. Just me?
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands

You shouldn't stare directly into the sun @Thunderfinger... :-P|

But no, haven't noticed.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    vzok wrote: »
    Is there any technical way that users can be locked out of specific threads rather than the threads having to be locked if most people are enjoying reading/participating and just a few have caused an issue?

No. It's all of nothing really. Lock the thread or ban the user :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Did anyone else here experience a lot of black squares on the board yesterday?

I experienced them today. Did a google search and it told me to go into the advanced settings in chrome and select to disable the hardware accelerator. I did that and it seems to have disappeared, for now.
    Thanks. If they pop up again, I will try the same.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How come I can't access the 'Technical How-to Guide' on the left side. It says I don't have permission.

Or do I need to read the Technical 'How-to access the Technical How-to Guide' Guide? :))
    I cannot access it either. Maybe it is for the mods?

A problem I had lately, is that when I am quoting someone, that post then shows 2-4 times-I have gotten tired of editing it away, but usually do so if it is tripled or quadrupled.
    I remember a few times in the past, my comment posted twice in a row. If I refreshed the page immediately, then only the one would show.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I remember a few times in the past, my comment posted twice in a row. If I refreshed the page immediately, then only the one would show.

Interesting. I usually click the Preview button, and if it shows multiple times I click the Edit button. Sometimes the extraneous text will then disappear by itself, sometimes not. This is a rather new problem for me.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Usually what I have to post is of such intelligence and insight that it needs to be posted twice. ;-)
    Usually what I have to post is of such intelligence and insight that it needs to be posted twice. ;-)

Except now.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339

Except now.

Oooh boom boom...Thundy strikes.......like Thunderbull-shit.... ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I only post twice ;-p
    You can post that twice.
    hear
    hear
    I hear you. I hear you.

Is ther perhaps an echo here?
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I only post twice ;-p

Great reply TP ;)
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 6,709
    I will only say this once: Behave like adults, please.

Edit: well, I'd actually posted this twice, as a joke, but the second post vanished for some reason. :S
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Edit: well, I'd actually posted this twice, as a joke, but the second post vanished for some reason. :S
    The site must've rejected a Thomas Newman imitation.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The site must've rejected a Thomas Newman imitation.
    Top marks, Clark! :))