No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Update :

Twitter-baz.png?w=634
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,157
    I'm still angry that Waltz isn't back. The story feels incomplete without Bond killing him. Actually, it is weird the no actor has played Blofeld twice. I thought for once they'd finally do it with Waltz. Sigh. :/
    SPECTRE has been destroyed and the baddie is captured. The story is complete.

Agreed, except they're doing a new film wich will feel tackled on considering Craig's previous four films are all linked because of SP. I truly wish they had stayed out of this continuity mess and Bond 24 had been a stand alone mission, but they didn't and decided to bring Blofeld back, so they better finish him off now.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Wait it's April fools day whoops
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    April fools fake news about Dan quitting and Hardy taking over.

In other news this video message Dan did for a chairty last week, he looks great. He has already started his fitness prep for Bond 25 and is already looking great
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Walecs wrote: »
    I'm still angry that Waltz isn't back. The story feels incomplete without Bond killing him. Actually, it is weird the no actor has played Blofeld twice. I thought for once they'd finally do it with Waltz. Sigh. :/
    SPECTRE has been destroyed and the baddie is captured. The story is complete.

Agreed, except they're doing a new film wich will feel tackled on considering Craig's previous four films are all linked because of SP. I truly wish they had stayed out of this continuity mess and Bond 24 had been a stand alone mission, but they didn't and decided to bring Blofeld back, so they better finish him off now.
    Bond also retired and drove off into the sunset yet here we are. I'm sure I'll enjoy Bond 25, but I do think that if they wanted to do another Craig film they should have bought Blofeld back. I was fine with SP as an ending to be honest. It seemed to bring everything full circle.
    This is basically how I feel too. I tend to do Bond marathons from time to time, and the Craig run is really a connected narrative, even if it feels a bit forced. I think it would be preferable if they try to close it out properly by making it a 'Spectre' related film, even if it isn't a Blofeld related one. At least that way the entire Craig arc would be integrated and focused on this one enemy.

One of the most inventive plots in the action genre my opinion is the one for Die Hard 3. I wouldn't mind it if someone who has been impacted by Craig Bond's antics over the years decides to come back and extract supposed revenge when the real motivation is profit, similar to 'Simon' from that Willis entry. That would be interesting. So the earlier half of the film is Bond evading a supposed 'hit', but the whole thing is a distraction for something else. Shades of TMWTGG (the film) would allow Craig to bring his trademark intensity as he fears for his life.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Well, one thing is sure, I will not be the last Bond film cause I just saw this :

McClory announce Warhead 2021

We throught, that even dead, Kevin McClory will continue to want to make a Bond movie ? Patrick McClory, son of Kevin, have talk to the Irish Examiner yesterday :

"During his lifetime, my father had always wanted to create the biggest James Bond movie. He had begun this great project with the actual author of the novels of the secret agent, Ian Fleming, and managed to do it with the movie Thunderball. Some time ago, I had the chance to be able to talk again with my father during a Spiritism session and his spirit told me, among other things: "junior, you have to finish what I have started", talking about Bond.

It was a revelation and I found the idea great! For reasons of rights it will be again a remake of Thunderball, the agreements signed between us and MGM/Danjaq in 2013 gave them the rights to adapt the novel while allowing us to keep ours, so we both have the right to adapt this particular novel. A script is currently in development and our lawyers are working on the legal issues for a release date that we estimate to be 2021. Although he has retired from acting for several years, Sean Connery [87 years old] will come back to this film, as a tribute to my father with whom he was very close until the end. We are thinking of shooting a large part of our Warhead 2021 here in Ireland, New York and Australia with a lot of underwater shooting, and a good amount of it will be done at the Great Barrier Reef.

Warhead 2021 should also allow us to launch our own cinematic 007 universe, featuring films around key characters from Thunderball and exploring their origins, such as Blofeld, Felix Leiter, Moneypenny, or Nigel Small-Fawcett. We don’t think we’re competing with EON Productions because obviously they don’t want to do films about any characters other than Bond, but again our lawyers are still working on the legal issues. My father at least loves the idea and gave me valuable advice from where he belongs now. In fact we have already talked with Alden Ehrenreich about accepting a role in one of these films, but at this stage, it’s not in our interest to say more about it".

http://www.commander007.net/2018/04/mcclory-annonce-warhead-2021-sean-connery/

Warhead-2021.png

The video teaser : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gr9z9

Not even death could stop Mclory's greed. Wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true.

Lily James would look too young next to Craig / Craig would look to old next to Lily James.

It's your opinion but it's nonsense. I'm sick of this attitude about a man over or a certain age looking too old to be with a woman of a certain age.

Ok, I don't know who took a steaming dump in your porridge, but it wasn't be, so get a grip on yourself. I am not talking about men in general. Craig looks older than he is, moreso opposite the youthful Lily James.
    Ridiculous. If the girl is over 18 she can date and be with whoever she wants. Why does such a thing offend you?

You have eyes, don't you? If so, try opening them. Nowhere did I say that such a thing offends me. But with Craigs look, and his age, they need to pick more carefully with the age of the next Bond Girl. I have said it elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect you to go out of your way to find my posts, but I am all for the Bond Girl to be aged up. As I have said in other threads that my top three choices for this are Diane Lane, Julianne Moore, and Virginia Madsen.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I agree with you @MajorDSmythe. It's actor specific. Tom Cruise can pull it off because he still has his youthful good looks (although he's starting to age a bit these days too). Roger Moore could pull it off for far longer than most for similar reasons.

I think with Craig they have to be a bit more sensitive. There was a bit of creepiness seeping in during SP with Seydoux's Mads.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Roger Moore, for all my criticisms of him, did look younger than he was, for most of his Bond run. If I didn't already know, then I never would guess that he was already nearly 50 in LALD. It wasn't until FYEO where his looks started to catch up with him. But even then, that could have been softened, if he had been paired with a Bond Girl closer to his age, than Bouquet.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Lilly James could definitely pull off the young MI6 agent that bond mentors if the Reddit user's information is true
    Lilly James could definitely pull off the young MI6 agent that bond mentors if the Reddit user's information is true
    If true, it's a smart play. This way, they can have relatively youthful 'eye candy' to satiate us male fans, while keeping it platonic. 'Old' Bond's gaze meanwhile could be fixated on the villain who he has a 'personal connection' with.

There is a plausibility to this story, because I always felt that EON would try to emulate MI:5 RN's success with Ilsa Faust. They set the standard with that film.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    I'd love to see Kate Winslet as the villain and her and craig actually have some history
    I do want Hardy to still be 007 just starting his tenure in bond 26
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Irma Bunt was the maid at Eton Bond had an affair with, which got them both thrown out. She has held a grudge against him ever since, and it made her a criminal. She is the new head of SPECTRE.

Pure. Movie. Gold.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Irma Bunt was the maid at Eton Bond had an affair with, which got them both thrown out. She has held a grudge against him ever since, and it made her a criminal. She is the new head of SPECTRE.

Pure. Movie. Gold.
    Very groundbreaking!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 1,092
    Well, one thing is sure, I will not be the last Bond film cause I just saw this :

We throught, that even dead, Kevin McClory will continue to want to make a Bond movie ? Patrick McClory, son of Kevin, have talk to the Irish Examiner yesterday :

"During his lifetime, my father had always wanted to create the biggest James Bond movie. He had begun this great project with the actual author of the novels of the secret agent, Ian Fleming, and managed to do it with the movie Thunderball. Some time ago, I had the chance to be able to talk again with my father during a Spiritism session and his spirit told me, among other things: "junior, you have to finish what I have started", talking about Bond.

It was a revelation and I found the idea great! For reasons of rights it will be again a remake of Thunderball, the agreements signed between us and MGM/Danjaq in 2013 gave them the rights to adapt the novel while allowing us to keep ours, so we both have the right to adapt this particular novel. A script is currently in development and our lawyers are working on the legal issues for a release date that we estimate to be 2021. Although he has retired from acting for several years, Sean Connery [87 years old] will come back to this film, as a tribute to my father with whom he was very close until the end. We are thinking of shooting a large part of our Warhead 2021 here in Ireland, New York and Australia with a lot of underwater shooting, and a good amount of it will be done at the Great Barrier Reef.

Warhead 2021 should also allow us to launch our own cinematic 007 universe, featuring films around key characters from Thunderball and exploring their origins, such as Blofeld, Felix Leiter, Moneypenny, or Nigel Small-Fawcett. We don’t think we’re competing with EON Productions because obviously they don’t want to do films about any characters other than Bond, but again our lawyers are still working on the legal issues. My father at least loves the idea and gave me valuable advice from where he belongs now. In fact we have already talked with Alden Ehrenreich about accepting a role in one of these films, but at this stage, it’s not in our interest to say more about it".

Warhead-2021.png

Not even death could stop Mclory's greed. Wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true.

Lily James would look too young next to Craig / Craig would look to old next to Lily James.

It's your opinion but it's nonsense. I'm sick of this attitude about a man over or a certain age looking too old to be with a woman of a certain age.

Ok, I don't know who took a steaming dump in your porridge, but it wasn't be, so get a grip on yourself. I am not talking about men in general. Craig looks older than he is, moreso opposite the youthful Lily James.
    Ridiculous. If the girl is over 18 she can date and be with whoever she wants. Why does such a thing offend you?

You have eyes, don't you? If so, try opening them. Nowhere did I say that such a thing offends me. But with Craigs look, and his age, they need to pick more carefully with the age of the next Bond Girl. I have said it elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect you to go out of your way to find my posts, but I am all for the Bond Girl to be aged up. As I have said in other threads that my top three choices for this are Diane Lane, Julianne Moore, and Virginia Madsen.

Obviously it offends your sensibilities or you wouldn't complain about it. Why age-up the Bond girls just to fit your image of what type of relationship Bond should have? It's politically correct garbage. This is suppose to be a fantasy kind of film series, not a night out with mom and pops. I love me some MILFS but Bond is BOND and should be able to get whatever kind of girl he wants. If it creeps you out, don't watch it.

Warhead-2021.png

Good one! Pity, really. I hate to admit this............but I actually like the sound of Warhead 2021 more than what we've been getting with B25.
    This is suppose to be a fantasy kind of film series, not a night out with mom and pops.
    Someone should tell that to Babs. Perhaps she'll move forward with a recast and dump the realism.
    I love me some MILFS but Bond is BOND and should be able to get whatever kind of girl he wants.
    You'll get no complaints from me there. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to this sort of thing. As long as it works onscreen, bring it on. No abstinence though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Funny all this news on Warhead because the 1976 version came out recently too. ;)
    MbYGzp3l.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Ah yes. The forgotten Warhead. Connery, McClory and Len Deighton wrote that version.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    BRING DEAKINS BACK!!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Deadline just posted this. I'm not sure what to think now. This story outline is completely different from the last one I posted. Was the other one fake? Frankly, I doubt it as the source seemed serious and the premise convincing. Maybe that story was in fact from the Purvis and Wade script?
    James Bond is now happily married to Madeleine Swann, and they have a teenage daughter, Sophia. Madeleine thinks Bond is retired from MI6 and now works as a computer salesman, but in fact Bond stills carries out missions for the British government. While on a break from a top-secret assignment regarding a threat to the life of billionaire Maxwell Tarn, Bond finds evidence that suggests Madeleine is having an affair with Steve, a used car salesman that seduced her by pretending he was a spy who led an exciting, glamorous life. Bond forces coworker Bill Tanner to use the resources of MI6 to spy on Steve and Madeleine; they put on masks and abduct Madeleine, then interrogate her regarding her feelings for Simon and assign her a pseudo spy mission to add some excitement to her life. However, a group of terrorists linked to Harry's mission kidnap both him and Helen, and it's up to the couple to stop the bad guys, led by Aziz, from detonating an atomic bomb in Florida.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 2,138

Pure. Movie. Gold.

Stop the world I want off
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Warhead-2021.png

Good one! Pity, really. I hate to admit this............but I actually like the sound of Warhead 2021 more than what we've been getting with B25.

More April fools hillarity
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Pure. Movie. Gold.

Stop the world I want off

A maid, not a student. It s from Fleming.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Deadline just posted this. I'm not sure what to think now. This story outline is completely different from the last one I posted. Was the other one fake? Frankly, I doubt it as the source seemed serious and the premise convincing. Maybe that story was in fact from the Purvis and Wade script?
    James Bond is now happily married to Madeleine Swann, and they have a teenage daughter, Sophia. Madeleine thinks Bond is retired from MI6 and now works as a computer salesman, but in fact Bond stills carries out missions for the British government. While on a break from a top-secret assignment regarding a threat to the life of billionaire Maxwell Tarn, Bond finds evidence that suggests Madeleine is having an affair with Steve, a used car salesman that seduced her by pretending he was a spy who led an exciting, glamorous life. Bond forces coworker Bill Tanner to use the resources of MI6 to spy on Steve and Madeleine; they put on masks and abduct Madeleine, then interrogate her regarding her feelings for Simon and assign her a pseudo spy mission to add some excitement to her life. However, a group of terrorists linked to Harry's mission kidnap both him and Helen, and it's up to the couple to stop the bad guys, led by Aziz, from detonating an atomic bomb in Florida.

Whoever came up with this i just wanna say to him "you're fired"
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    mattjoes wrote: »

Bond selling computers...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    BRING DEAKINS BACK!!
    Anthony Dod Mantle will do an excellent job.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'm against a major character in BOND 25 being named "Steve".