No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    RC7 wrote: »
    I would actually recommend The Italian Job, @barryt007. It's better than Michael Caine's version.
    Worst opinion on the forum.
    I'm sure you don't mean it.
    I would actually recommend The Italian Job, @barryt007. It's better than Michael Caine's version.
    I absolutely mean it. I’m a big fan of American cinema, but when you start calling out re-makes of The Italian Job and Get Carter and implying they’re superior you can go fuck yourself.
    I didn't realize my simple statement on the matter would offend you a great deal you'd resort to personal attacks. And for the record, I never implied in any way Get Carter's remake is superior to Caine's. Only a complete madman would think that. I said I enjoy Sly's remake, not necessarily a fan of it.

If that opinion of mine is the worst on the forum, then perhaps we should take the guy who suggested Bond fighting martians sometime ago seriously, since that's less of an offense than my personal preference of The Italian Job remake over the original.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    New management team and structure whoaahh I am wetting myself.
  • New management team and structure whoaahh I am wetting myself.

To quote myself: "That means Agent 007 is tethered to a studio where nothing seems to stay stable for long."
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    It was unlikely that Barber’s firing would impact Bond 25. I am glad this is confirmed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I absolutely mean it. I’m a big fan of American cinema, but when you start calling out re-makes of The Italian Job and Get Carter and implying they’re superior you can go fuck yourself.
    I didn't realize my simple statement on the matter would offend you a great deal you'd resort to personal attacks. And for the record, I never implied in any way Get Carter's remake is superior to Caine's. Only a complete madman would think that. I said I enjoy Sly's remake, not necessarily a fan of it.

If that opinion of mine is the worst on the forum, then perhaps we should take the guy who suggested Bond fighting martians sometime ago seriously, since that's less of an offense than my personal preference of The Italian Job remake over the original.
    I quite enjoyed the Italian Job remake actually (even though I mentioned earlier that I preferred the original) and for those who haven't seen it do recommend checking it out. It's a light caper in the tradition of the Oceans films. Less of a remake and more of a reimagining. Donald Sutherland, Charlize Theron, Marky Mark, Ed Norton and Jason Statham make it worth your time.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    So this is going to be another DAD situation, would love to see Fox/Disney take the reins again, but Sony should just have this last one for closure. I see Disney doing everything in its power to make Bond 25 earn MCU numbers and its marketing campaign eyebrow raising.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    So exciting!!! I almost fainted.

It’s sad times if this is what gets us bond fans excited
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I just came to. What happened<<<<<<<<<<<<+
  • So exciting!!! I almost fainted.

I just came to. What happened<<<<<<<<<<<<+

Not much. Two different MGM executives said we'd see the return of James Bond in 2019. One said the studio was working "with our partners at Eon Productions" and predicted it'd be great, just great.
    I can't wait to see what happens when we get some real news!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what happens when we get some real news!

Probably a stroke right there on the spot
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Looks like a november 2019 release is locked in. thats good.

They mention they believe it will be highly successful, they must know something.

It's an investor's meeting, they'd be stupid not to say or mention that it'll be highly successful.
    Well at least it seems positive for next year (sounds closer than saying 2019),and they seem to be promoting Bond as the headline film over the others.

It's good news considering we didn't even know when the film was coming out.
    Better than nothing peeps,at least Bond is safe and ready to go.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Well at least it seems positive for next year (sounds closer than saying 2019),and they seem to be promoting Bond as the headline film over the others.

It's good news considering we didn't even know when the film was coming out.
    Better than nothing peeps,at least Bond is safe and ready to go.

Agree. As far as we know, everything is going according to schedule. If only we can get confirmation of Boyle soon!
    Danny Boyle has recently been working with Christopher Ross as his DoP. I'm really digging Ross's recent work, in particular the cinematography in the recent Terminal trailer:

Personally, I think Eon will want Boyle to hire Anthony Dod Mantle to be the DoP as he has the Oscar clout.

All I know is Bond 25 will have a very very digital sheen to it and will be hyper-stylished. I'm simultaneously very excited and a tad frightened by this idea....

They mention they believe it will be highly successful, they must know something.

May I ask you whenever you have heard a movie company giving statements along the lines of "well, we're going to produce this even though we know it probably won't be very successful because it's so mediocre."?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Danny Boyle has recently been working with Christopher Ross as his DoP. I'm really digging Ross's recent work, in particular the cinematography in the recent Terminal trailer:

Personally, I think Eon will want Boyle to hire Anthony Dod Mantle to be the DoP as he has the Oscar clout.

All I know is Bond 25 will have a very very digital sheen to it and will be hyper-stylished. I'm simultaneously very excited and a tad frightened by this idea....

Yes, this has always been a worry of mine too, when it comes to digital sheen. I'm optimistic however that Boyle will make something bursting with life and vigour, with will certainly be an improvement on SP.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883

Yes, this has always been a worry of mine too, when it comes to digital sheen. I'm optimistic however that Boyle will make something bursting with life and vigour, with will certainly be an improvement on SP.
    I think the chances of that happening are quite high too, because I'm sure they realize the backlash against the monotone filter usage in the last film. I expect we will get a colour-saturated and vibrant looking entry next year to compensate.
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,085
    bondjames wrote: »

I think the chances of that happening are quite high too, because I'm sure they realize the backlash against the monotone filter usage in the last film. I expect we will get a colour-saturated and vibrant looking entry next year to compensate.

Yes, a bit like how they stayed clear of shakey cam after QoS. Another smart move.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    To what? Hasn't really been any news.
  • barryt007 wrote: »

Maybe:
    MGM executives affirm 2019 release

May I ask you whenever you have heard a movie company giving statements along the lines of "well, we're going to produce this even though we know it probably won't be very successful because it's so mediocre."?
    Thanks for putting it that way. I've followed this thread and am trying to understand why people thought this meeting would answer all of these lingering questions about B25 just to wind up with this. I was skeptical from the beginning.

And if I had a dime for every post that said something along the lines of "I think we'll get some updates by (fill in date)."

I'm eager for news as much as anybody else, but it'll come. I lived through the days when you were lucky to get a tidbit in Starlog Magazine to get a hint of what's coming or not coming in a new Bond film.

Maybe:

But that's not news, we already know of Bond 25's 2019 release, we even have a specific date for the US.
    So nothing new, as expected.
    Bring back Dalton!

Maybe:

This was still nice to hear. They will push for that 2019 release rather than making the wait worse.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »

Maybe:

This was still nice to hear. They will push for that 2019 release rather than making the wait worse.

Pending any unforeseen circumstances, of course. Just because they affirmed it now doesn't mean they couldn't change their minds in a month or two. Not saying that'll happen, but it's a possibility.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,115
    Dennison wrote: »

Maybe:

But that's not news, we already know of Bond 25's 2019 release, we even have a specific date for the US.

How about this?

MGM executives grovel for their jobs, cite Bond 25 while doing so