No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited March 2018 Posts: 1,031
    bondjames wrote: »
    I just read that SW9 will begin shooting at Pinewood in early 2019. Indy 5 is planned to start shooting in late spring to summer 2019.

Where is the time for Bond?

It's due to start filming at Pinewood in June. Similar schedules for Star Wars and Spectre at Pinewood 2014/15 - Force Awakens began filming at Pinewood in May 2014, Spectre in December 2014. Maybe Daniel Craig will get another cameo :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Dennison wrote: »
    I just read that SW9 will begin shooting at Pinewood in early 2019. Indy 5 is planned to start shooting in late spring to summer 2019.

It's due to start filming at Pinewood in June. Similar schedules for Star Wars and Spectre at Pinewood 2014/15 - Force Awakens began filming at Pinewood in May 2014, Spectre in December 2014.
    Oh I see. Thanks. So there is a small window for Bond to get in during the early part of 2019 before Indy takes over in the summer 2019.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited March 2018 Posts: 2,138
    Could see McAvoy as villain if Boyle directing worked with him a few times. McAvoy does play a decent lunatic.
    Could see McAvoy as villain if Boyle directing worked with him a few times. McAvoy does play a decent lunatic.

Especially in 'Filth',he is totally schizo in that film.
    Honestly I've never been impressed by McAvoy. He just doesn't light up the screen for me, no matter how hard he tries or how good he is (and he was pretty good in Split). He just comes across as a 'B' player at best.
    Honestly I've never been impressed by McAvoy. He just doesn't light up the screen for me, no matter how hard he tries or how good he is (and he was pretty good in Split). He just comes across as a 'B' player at best.

I must admit I never purposely look out for films with him in it,i can take it or leave it with him generally.

barryt007 wrote: »

I must admit I never purposely look out for films with him in it,i can take it or leave it with him generally.
    Yes, me too. He's not a bad actor by any means, but he just doesn't really stand out.

Speaking of which, for those who've seen Boyle's films (I haven't seen one), is he known for casting standout actors? Just from a quick glance, I wouldn't say so. His films are more ensemble pieces aren't they? There's nobody in them who really screams 'A' lister, except perhaps McGregor, and even he is debatable.

It's due to start filming at Pinewood in June. Similar schedules for Star Wars and Spectre at Pinewood 2014/15 - Force Awakens began filming at Pinewood in May 2014, Spectre in December 2014.
    Oh I see. Thanks. So there is a small window for Bond to get in during the early part of 2019 before Indy takes over in the summer 2019.

No different to the shooting schedule they've had before - filming late on in the year before release thru to the summer of the year of release.

Yes, me too. He's not a bad actor by any means, but he just doesn't really stand out.

Speaking of which, for those who've seen Boyle's films (I haven't seen one), is he known for casting standout actors? Just from a quick glance, I wouldn't say so. His films are more ensemble pieces aren't they? There's nobody in them who really screams 'A' lister, except perhaps McGregor, and even he is debatable.

No hardly ever,McGregor,Carlyle,Eccleston 2 or 3 times...Ciaran Murphy etc.
    But he has also used DiCaprio,Fassbender,Kate Winslet,Steve Carrell and Emma Stone ,so he can mix it with the big-boys/gals too.

No hardly ever,McGregor,Carlyle,Eccleston 2 or 3 times...Ciaran Murphy etc.
    But he has also used DiCaprio,Fassbender,Kate Winslet,Steve Carrell and Emma Stone ,so he can mix it with the big-boys/gals too.
    I wasn't aware of that. That's good, because I'd like some heavy hitters in B25 along with new talent.

No different to the shooting schedule they've had before - filming late on in the year before release thru to the summer of the year of release.
    Yes, I suppose that's true. The only new item in the mix is Indy's possible arrival to Pinewood in late spring / early summer 2019.

I think Bond should already be booked for end of 2018/2019 ..if anything then SW9 would be pushed back or an alternative found.

This is real science fiction! Disney has business plans they adhere to almost religiously it seems. I believe they would rather send in the storm troopers ( or alternatively and even worse the lawyers)instead of getting delayed by whomever.

I think Bond should already be booked for end of 2018/2019 ..if anything then SW9 would be pushed back or an alternative found.

This is real science fiction! Disney has business plans they adhere to almost religiously it seems. I believe they would rather send in the storm troopers ( or alternatively and even worse the lawyers)instead of getting delayed by whomever.

Well, the original plan was for Episode 9 to come out in May 2019.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Felix was promoted over Beam. I don't think he was necessarily sacked. He just wasn't promoted (or was demoted). His behaviour during the film wasn't a sackable offense, because it's par for the course for the CIA and other Intelligence Services, including those of the UK.

Either way he was at least demoted and nowhere near as influential as Leiter was. That could've irritated him enough for him to quit the CIA and join the bad guys.
    Possibly, or just stay at the CIA and become a thorn in the side of Bond and Felix in B25. That's what I suggested some months back. Felix gets thrown under the bus, the CIA is in chaos and Beam is the one pulling the strings looking to navigate himself back into good graces.

It won't happen because Harbour is too big now, unless he's cast as the main villain.
    Which would be fine also, especially after he was as unrecognizable as he was memorable in QoS.

He´s one of the best actors around today in my book. He always caught my eye when I saw him in a film, be it The last Kind of Scotland, or First Class, or any other film I´ve seen him in.

I´d rather watch actors who don´t have a big name but smoke the screen than big A-listers who are usually not as good their hype would suggest.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    He´s one of the best actors around today in my book. He always caught my eye when I saw him in a film, be it The last Kind of Scotland, or First Class, or any other film I´ve seen him in.

I´d rather watch actors who don´t have a big name but smoke the screen than big A-listers who are usually not as good their hype would suggest.
    I definitely agree on your last point. I think one of the great features of CR, QoS and even SF was the return to using actors who weren't big names in the English speaking markets, but who could really deliver and light up the screen.

I have no doubt that McAvoy is a good actor. It's just that for me he doesn't have that magnetic screen charisma. He just comes across as somewhat ordinary.
    @bondjames, I don´t want to come across as a gay fanboy, but I find McAvoy to be one of the most magnetic screen presences today. What he doesn´t exude is that superstar aura of a Pitt or Cruise.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @bondjames, I don´t want to come across as a gay fanboy, but I find McAvoy to be one of the most magnetic screen presences today. What he doesn´t exude is that superstar aura of a Pitt or Cruise.

That's basically how I feel about DC
    I wonder how much and what exactly John Hodge wrote today.
  • RC7RC7

Tweaked 3 pages of dialogue.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 6,682
    He wrote the 10-page scene at the amusement park with Bond, Gazoo and the overweight former bodybuilder. You're gonna love it.
    These guys are also eager to see what Hodge has put on paper today.

trainspotting_best_scene_630.jpg
    So when are they bringing back dalton?
    Getafix wrote: »
    So when are they bringing back dalton?
    Craig is just about the only thing that makes me not want this
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

The return of Renard.

landscape-1485434468-rumpelstiltskin-once-upon-a-time.png

The return of Renard.

landscape-1485434468-rumpelstiltskin-once-upon-a-time.png

If only.
    Probably. But played by Christopher Eccleston in this rebooted era.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Danny Boyle's James Bond: Trainsbonding by my friend from Archivo 007, David Acín. (Adult language... you know ;) )

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FAN-TAS-TIC!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2018 Posts: 4,548
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Danny Boyle's James Bond: Trainsbonding by my friend from Archivo 007, David Acín. (Adult language... you know ;) )

Brilliant work!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    According to the Casting Collective, Danny Boyle's new film will be shot this Spring / Summer in East Anglia.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Brilliant work!
    Yes, really close to perfection. Kudos to the creator.