The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• ToTheRight wrote: »
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    fangsofthelivingdead.png

I just watched my crummy public domain DVD of that movie last night. It's fun.
    Am a big Eurohorror fan, yet have never seen this... I'm glad my first viewing will be the restored/remastered version!

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Joined the 4K club today.

191635_slip.jpg
    I don’t have 4K stuff. Maybe someday I’ll upgrade, but I’m in no hurry.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2018 Posts: 1,257
    FoxRox wrote: »

If you’re in no hurry, wait for the prices to come down. The only reason I pulled the trigger today was because I found a somewhat decent entry level 4K player on sale for under $100.
    I’m definitely fine with what I have. Even with my Blu-Ray player, I prioritize collecting DVDs rather than Blu-Ray discs. I only get Blu-Rays if it comes in a combo pack or separately if I particularly like the film. DVDs are classic and work on most things; they get upscaled too on Blu-Ray players.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Joined the 4K club today.

191635_slip.jpg

Nice I have been considering this for some time, I'll get it eventually I read the reviews and the upscale is impressive from the Bluray apparently.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I have had a 4K TV for around a year I mainly just streamed 4K content, it's only recently I have bought 4K disc's. I will only buy certain upcoming Blockbusters on 4K for the most part. Many Blurays upscaled by the 4K TV or player are good also when it comes to picture quality.
    image.jpg
    This is staying sealed bought it as a ornament.

That's a great cover!

I had some expendable cash and got it reasonably cheap, OHMSS is one if not my favourite Bond film. I have looked at the majority of the Bond Steelbooks most of them look great, I'll resist buying others for now.

They all have "alternative" covers?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I had some expendable cash and got it reasonably cheap, OHMSS is one if not my favourite Bond film. I have looked at the majority of the Bond Steelbooks most of them look great, I'll resist buying others for now.

Some have similar covers to OHMSS with a shot from the pre titles as the cover like TB, FYEO and DAF...

11146686-1794502689476138.jpg
    11146683-1354502689388574.jpg
    150804-steelbook-blu-ray-james-bond-diamonds-are-forever.jpg

I love these.
    OHMSS, FYEO, and SF have my favorite covers from those.
    I like the CR one also that image really pops on the cover...

11146681-1134502689334409.jpg
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,361
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

Some have similar covers to OHMSS with a shot from the pre titles as the cover like TB, FYEO and DAF...

I love these.

Oooh! All of these - and the CR one, look fantastic! Wish we could see something similar with the "regular" releases. Would certainly stand out in the shelves!

Did an image search and found some more covers; it's really a credit to the pre title sequence designers (and the Steelbook cover designers, as well) that the visuals are so transferable.
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

Oooh! All of these - and the CR one, look fantastic! Wish we could see something similar with the "regular" releases. Would certainly stand out in the shelves!

Did an image search and found some more covers; it's really a credit to the pre title sequence designers (and the Steelbook cover designers, as well) that the visuals are so transferable.

A prime example of less is more, when I was a kid the title sequences always stuck in my mind especially the 60's and 70's ones. These are my favourite covers for sure, I have only bought the OHMSS though over time I'll try and get all of them.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,361
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

A prime example of less is more, when I was a kid the title sequences always stuck in my mind especially the 60's and 70's ones. These are my favourite covers for sure, I have only bought the OHMSS though over time I'll try and get all of them.

Less is more - almost every single time! The early title sequences is proof of that. Robert Brownjohn's idea of projecting live-action scenes onto a gold-painted Margaret Nolan in GF, is very, very effective - yet such a simple idea.

I don't own any Steelbooks (that I can remember), but looking at these covers makes it very tempting to get some.
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

Less is more - almost every single time! The early title sequences is proof of that. Robert Brownjohn's idea of projecting live-action scenes onto a gold-painted Margaret Nolan in GF, is very, very effective - yet such a simple idea.

I don't own any Steelbooks (that I can remember), but looking at these covers makes it very tempting to get some.

I have a over twenty steelbooks I display them, most retain there value also which is good. The OHMSS one I just bought was £19 still sealed brand new, I have seen many OHMSS as well as other Bond Steelbooks go on ebay for £20 more than that.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

I really wanted this one - but as I had already bought on DVD, then de Luxe DVD, and then on de Luxe Blu-ray, I thought enough is enough! It really is nice though.

I really wanted this one - but as I had already bought on DVD, then de Luxe DVD, and then on de Luxe Blu-ray, I thought enough is enough! It really is nice though.

I only have the Bond 50 Bluray set and several HD downloads of some of the films currently, though I know what you mean I really did not need the OHMSS steelbook though it was decent value for money so justified it that way.
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

I have a over twenty steelbooks I display them, most retain there value also which is good. The OHMSS one I just bought was £19 still sealed brand new, I have seen many OHMSS as well as other Bond Steelbooks go on ebay for £20 more than that.

Many steelbooks look very displayable, that's for sure! Probably need to convince myself if the price is worth it, though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not a fan of steelbooks, but by far some of the best I've seen are those Bond ones that pull images straight from the title designs. Great stuff.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,587
    Not a fan of steelbooks, but by far some of the best I've seen are those Bond ones that pull images straight from the title designs. Great stuff.
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

Many steelbooks look very displayable, that's for sure! Probably need to convince myself if the price is worth it, though.

You can't beat classic Bond imagery.
    image.jpg

That's a great cover!

I love these.

You can't beat classic Bond imagery.

You really can't! :-D
    A1VBHbAzoKL._RI_.jpg

HD Download I want the Bluray though not seen it so got the digital copy as I am impatient.
    5660_large.jpg

81C1JaNfBtL._SX342_.jpg

73937_large.jpg

51fmhLul0sL._SX342_.jpg

Got all the above extremely cheap.

And also bought Rocky Heavyweight Collection on Bluray, this is probably the fifth or sixth different boxset I have had of the series over the years...

3282119_sa.jpg

These are my go to movies when I need to be inspired to start training again, neglected the gym for too long.

Bluray
    The French connection
    Sharkey's machine
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited February 2018 Posts: 1,812
    Luke Cage - season 1

Had no idea this was out to buy already. Just happened to see it the other day and immediately knew I was buying it.
    Luke Cage - season 1

Had no idea this was out to buy already. Just happened to see it the other day and immediately knew I was buying it.

It's the Netflix Marvel show I enjoyed the most.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SaintMark wrote: »

Sharkey's Machine
    That's a pretty rough movie. Burt was on fire in that one.

MV5BMTQzNjA4Nzk3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzIzMjg4._V1_.jpg DVD

That tag line made me chuckle, funny when these films aired on UK TV they were Death Train and Night Watch, it's the first time I have seen that they are part of a Detonator series of films.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »

Sharkey's Machine
    That's a pretty rough movie. Burt was on fire in that one.

I also acquired the novel which is pretty much tougher than the movie. That said I always found Burt Reynolds a silent but impressive actor even if comedy was his main bread for too long a while. I prefer his earlier stuff in which he can be very cruel in his roles.
    51RA8M3J7WL._SY445_.jpg

Made sense to buy the first one.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    MV5BMTQzNjA4Nzk3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzIzMjg4._V1_.jpg DVD

That tag line made me chuckle, funny when these films aired on UK TV they were Death Train and Night Watch, it's the first time I have seen that they are part of a Detonator series of films.
    51RA8M3J7WL._SY445_.jpg

Made sense to buy the first one.

I only saw the first and that was years ago. I remember being a bit bored with it. However I'm a Brosnan fan so maybe I should give it another shot.