No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

At least it's a short month.
    I think we are long overdue for some good Bond news.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I agree. The last “good” news was Craig returning and that was summer.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I agree. The last “good” news was Craig returning and that was summer.

Exactly. I'm glad he's coming back.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Maybe they'll try to play us for fools and once again announce Daniel Craig is back as Bond. ;)

Actual photo taken at EON:
    lazy.png
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    One thing to consider with Moneypenny and M is if EON is trying to get a feel for spinoff films. Remember, there was a "rumor" about EON exploring a Bond universe. I am not for or against that idea at the moment, but I do know: I would pay to see Naomi Harris do her own thing--certainly out of curiosity. We shall see.
  • Please stop giving them bad ideas! My nightmares not to mention!
    I want a spinoff with Dr. Tynan.

Breaking Tynan.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »

Breaking Tynan.
    Now, you're talking!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Here's the rundown for January:

January 2018
    ->Villeneuve implies he is too busy to commit to B25 due to his attachment to dream-project Dune, telling Screen Crush that he cannot be 'in two places at the same time.'
    ->Local reports detail 007's alleged involvement in Croatia, with the character set to have a 'near death experience' in the Adriatic and will encounter 'old acquaintances'
    ->Ben Whishaw tells Metro he imagines filming will start 'at the end of this year' despite having not received an update 'for a while.' He later stated that he think's he'll return despite not being offered a script.
    ->Production of EON's The Rhythm Section shuts down indefinitely due to an injury Blake Lively sustained on-set. It is unclear if the delay will affect B25
    ->Ben Whishaw speaks further about his possible return as Q, hoping to 'get to do more action in the next one.'

Breaking Tynan.
    Now, you're talking!

MWaWFuR.jpg
    Now that it is February? ROLL ON NEXT MONTH!!! When we maybe lucky enough to learn something new and official?!!!!

Breaking Tynan.
    Now, you're talking!
    MWaWFuR.jpg
    Coming soon to theatres near you...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Meanwhile, in Mission Impossible land...

osl8h2ooyld01.jpg
    That's a great poster. Way better than the Spectre ones, in my opinion.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TripAces wrote: »
    One thing to consider with Moneypenny and M is if EON is trying to get a feel for spinoff films. Remember, there was a "rumor" about EON exploring a Bond universe. I am not for or against that idea at the moment, but I do know: I would pay to see Naomi Harris do her own thing--certainly out of curiosity. We shall see.
    A whole film about a secretary? I can hardly wait!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Daniel Craig won't hang around after 2019, they'd better get a move on.
    Meanwhile, in Mission Impossible land...

osl8h2ooyld01.jpg

That's a nice teaser poster! Simple, yet stylish – just like a teaser poster should be.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's a great poster. Way better than the Spectre ones, in my opinion.

That's not saying much, though, but you're right.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Which is why I say that this Blake Lively movie will not interfere with Bond 25. Would Barbara really be willing to let this film blow her final chance at having a Bond movie with Craig?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Which is why I say that this Blake Lively movie will not interfere with Bond 25. Would Barbara really be willing to let this film blow her final chance at having a Bond movie with Craig?

Let's hope so.
  • RC7RC7

Let's hope so.

This whole process must be exhausting for you and the cabal of anti-Craig acolytes. Most amusing to watch.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Blake Lively a threat for Bond? ;) I needed a good laugh today; thanks.

Let's hope so.
    I see what you did there. Haha. Good one.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondjames wrote: »

So you didn’t read the comic book, I assume. It was actually pretty good. As was Leiter. I didn’t like M as much.

edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I wasn’t aware M was already out in the stores?

And I’ll also add that as good as the Leiter comic book looked, the story was average, and kept referencing Bond in every issue just to let the reader know it’s set in the Bond universe. It’s flawed that way.

The Moneypenny comic book was completely pointless. It hardly had any story in it other than placing a flashback or two about her childhood and how she lived through bit of a racism, and flash forward to present day, she shot a man or two trying to harm a university professor. Hardly any excitement in the story other than telling us the relevance of her when she fights back. That’s all there is to it.
    Hardly anyone is going to watch a Moneypenny or Q movie. Like the Jinx idea there is no economic merit
    The Bond universe is only for Bond himself, anyway.

The other characters are just there to get the story going, and that’s all there is to it. Even the 00-agents.
    By definition, universes evolve and change. They are not static. To call it a Bond universe is misleading as it's a universe that Bond (a single character) moves within. Whilst he is on missions, we know for a fact that M manages the team, other double 0 agents are out on their missions etc etc. Following other characters does not change the universe. It just focuses on different characters within that universe.

bondjames wrote: »

So you didn’t read the comic book, I assume. It was actually pretty good. As was Leiter. I didn’t like M as much.
    No, I didn't even realize there are character comics. Still, I really can't see this working over a whole film. These characters as realized aren't interesting enough really. The only one who perhaps could work is Mallory due to his backstory. Even then though, it was a promising start in SF, but after his constipated performance in SP I think that's over.