No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

TripAces wrote: »
    Here's my Bond confession for the day: I never knew (or picked up on) PG being a lesbian at all, in the first several times I saw GF. That never crossed my mind. It wasn't until I read a piece about the film that it was presented to me. Am I alone in that?

Yes, there are two lines: 1. She being "immune" to him; 2. Bond asking what it will take to switch sides. But I had taken both at face value. LOL

There's also the 'business before pleasure' line when Goldfinger suggests she put something more comfortable on to make Leiter and his CIA pal think Bond is at home on Goldfinger's ranch.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Let's not forget, as I re-read the piece in Maclean's: PG is not some innocent woman. She is an accomplice in an attempt to drop a narcotic on people in and around Fort Knox and then plant a nuclear device in the bank. I won't lose sleep over Bond attempting to kiss her, seduce, her, whatever, to save the world. Scott Gilmore might call it rape; I call it doing what's necessary.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Almost 6 months on since Craig announces his return for Bond 25, and we are still completely in the dark...
    Curiouser and curiouser
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Let's not forget, as I re-read the piece in Maclean's: PG is not some innocent woman. She is an accomplice in an attempt to drop a narcotic on people in and around Fort Knox and then plant a nuclear device in the bank. I won't lose sleep over Bond attempting to kiss her, seduce, her, whatever, to save the world. Scott Gilmore might call it rape; I call it doing what's necessary.

I didn't think about it. You are right.
    It's pretty simple to me when it come to Miss Galore:
    He's James Bond. She's into him. End of story.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That it was.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Almost 6 months on since Craig announces his return for Bond 25, and we are still completely in the dark...
    How enlightened we the fan base is is meaningless. There is far more in place than we know.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think it would be sweet if we could reorder the first post on the thread so that new information was at the top rather than at the bottom, so we didn’t have to scroll halfway down the page; @jake24 I could take it upon myself to do up the list if you agree, and send it to you to post?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,554
    I predict that Denis Villeneuve will be announced as director in mid-March. I don't know if this is wishful thinking, but his responses to Bond 25 just smack of someone TRYING to politely lie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think it would be sweet if we could reorder the first post on the thread so that new information was at the top rather than at the bottom, so we didn’t have to scroll halfway down the page; @jake24 I could take it upon myself to do up the list if you agree, and send it to you to post?
    Not a bad idea, but as I've colour-coded everything I think I'd be the only one able to do it. And seeing as how extensive it's become, reordering it sounds like a mammoth task tbh.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Personally I don't think they have got anything in place yet.

Oh, they have. Craig would never announce his return if they haven't anything well planned.
    I'm just curious, do you know this for sure or is it just an assumption?
    talos7 wrote: »
    How enlightened we the fan base is is meaningless. There is far more in place than we know.
    Again, same question. What makes you say this?
    I predict that Denis Villeneuve will be announced as director in mid-March. I don't know if this is wishful thinking, but his responses to Bond 25 just smack of someone TRYING to politely lie.
    I had the opposite impression and am pretty sure Villeneuve is not the guy for B25. Let's see how it plays. We should know something in a few months or else they'll push the release back.
    I think more is in place than we know for several reasons; Craig signing on is the biggest; he would not do this blindly, without having a fairly good idea of what he’s getting into.
    If you look at past productions, many elements, from co-stars, to locations, to the artist performing the title track were in place long before confirmation. A release date being announced; yes I know this can be changed. Securing the locations, talent, and resources takes time
    EON is in strict need to know/For your Eyes Only mode. We, the fan base, are not on that list
    I see. Fair enough. I on the other hand have a feeling that at present things are far more up in the air than we actually may have been led to believe. I await official news with some interest, either from MGM (preferably) or EON.
    That could also be the case. Lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Of course more is in place than we know; assuming otherwise would be to assume that they make announcements the second a decision is made, which isn't the case. I'm sure Craig had agreed to film another installment several months (if not longer) prior to appearing on Colbert's show.
    MGM is who I want an announcement from. They hold the cards in this game at present.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Of course much is already in place. Craig he even said in the Colbert interview that “it’s been a couple of months” since he’s known about coming back, and that “they’ve been sorting things out.” Go rewatch the interview, that’s his response when Colbert asks him how long he’s been holding out on us for.
  • 1. Is there more going on than the fans know? Sure. Especially if they're trying to line up office space at Pinewood.

2. But how much is that? Remember all the posts *in this very thread* about how people were sure, JUST SURE, there'd be a major announcement on Oct. 5, Global James Bond day? Didn't happen.

3. It's been more than six months since the release date was announced. Still no distributor.

4. Skyfall (then just Bond 23) was announced in January 2011. Potential casting about Fiennes, Harris, Whishaw, Bardem, et al, emerged later.

As I said, it's more than likely there's more going on than we know. Purvis and Wade have had almost 11 months to write since Bamigboye wrote about their hiring and it has been more than six months than their hiring was confirmed.

But you don't have an entire crew and cast hired in secret.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Of course much is already in place. Craig he even said in the Colbert interview that “it’s been a couple of months” since he’s known about coming back, and that “they’ve been sorting things out.” Go rewatch the interview, that’s his response when Colbert asks him how long he’s been holding out on us for.
    His revelation wasn't surprising since his return had been forecast since approximately April. That appears to be approximately when the gears starting turning on this thing, including the hiring of P&W.

There is still the question of the distributor, and such matters were not finalized as of the last MGM call. The distributor is 'the money' and a lot of what happens in and with the film will follow from there.
  • Meanwhile, Eon may have its hands full with The Rhythm Section, which The Hollywood Report is saying has been shut down because of an injury to star Blake Lively.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blake-lively-spy-thriller-rhythm-section-suspends-production-1079841?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The clear priority
    That's rather unfortunate. One hopes this 'mishap' on a production I have no interest in doesn't delay the 'big enchilada' from moving forward in any way. After all, with due respect to her, she's no Cruise and this is no MI:6.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    That's rather unfortunate. One hopes this 'mishap' on a production I have no interest in doesn't delay the 'big enchilada' from moving forward in any way. After all, with due respect to her, she's no Cruise and this is no MI:6.

According to THR, The Rhythm Section has a $50 million budget, about 20 percent of SPECTRE's (after product placement deals).
    bondjames wrote: »

According to THR, The Rhythm Section has a $50 million budget, about 20 percent of SPECTRE's (after product placement deals).
    Apparently she injured herself in December and there is the prospect of an additional five months of recovery time if I read that article correctly. So worse case scenario that takes us to June with 50% of the film shot. Even with a small budget like this, the logistics of 'stop and then restart' is going to be interesting. Hopefully Morano is up to the task.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Meanwhile, Eon may have its hands full with The Rhythm Section, which The Hollywood Report is saying has been shut down because of an injury to star Blake Lively.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blake-lively-spy-thriller-rhythm-section-suspends-production-1079841?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

What repercussions could this have in regards to Bond moving forward? Could this potentially delay B25?
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 4,400
    I truly doubt it would have as drastic an effect as to delay Bond 25, but it seems clear to me that EON’s attention is elsewhere for the time being. There are other producers working on The Rhythm Section, but Barbara seems like the sort of person who is working the logistics of this matter out. We know that after Craig suffered his injury on the set of Spectre that she was the one who reworked the schedule around him.
    I think whatever momentum B25 had behind the scenes is dead for the moment. It’ll probably gear up again once The Rhythm Section is up again.

There’s a hint in the articles that the Rhythm Section has been delayed ‘indefinitely’. I’m somewhat apprehensive that the whole project might be dead….that would be a major blackeye for EON.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Bond 25 project might be dead?

High unlikely. Very highly unlikely.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 252
    Barbara Broccoli should concentrate 100 % on 007 and not Films like Rhythm Section, i miss Cubby