Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

Ludovico wrote: »
    My controversial... observation/prediction based on various trends: personal angles are here to stay. They are constant since LTK and are present in every franchise nowadays. So when Craig is gone they will remain there.
    Not sure it's controversial, but it is certainly depressing.
    Does any member here rank DAD as their #1 Bond film? If so, that wins top controversial opinion I reckon.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Does any member here rank DAD as their #1 Bond film? If so, that wins top controversial opinion I reckon.

Would be interesting to hear from that member (can't see there's more than one, haha!), and why!

That being said, I can easily enjoy DAD, but it's doesn't move up the rankings for each viewing.
  • GBFGBF
    My 4 least favourite Bond films are all from the Brosnan and the Craig era.
  • GBFGBF
    Christ, I miss the Cold War :-)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It never left.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Strog wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My controversial... observation/prediction based on various trends: personal angles are here to stay. They are constant since LTK and are present in every franchise nowadays. So when Craig is gone they will remain there.
    Not sure it's controversial, but it is certainly depressing.
    I agree on both counts. I think it could change when there is a changing of the guard at EON however. That may be some time away, but there's no doubt that individuals in the production house have significant influence over tone and approach.
    GBF wrote: »

Mine as well sadly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

We had a member about a year or two ago who was younger and I do believe he ranked it #1.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I have it as my #3.

I prefer DAD for the holidays it is stupid and fun. OHMSS is the Christmas movie, with closely following Die Hard and Lethal Weapon 1.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

Here's my top five in case anyone was wondering:

#1 TND
    #2 TWINE
    #3 DAD
    #4 CR
    #5 GE
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

#1 TND
    #2 TWINE
    #3 DAD
    #4 CR
    #5 GE

You're right. That IS controversial. Your numbers 2 and 3 are my numbers 23 and 24. No real objection against your Nos. 1 and 5, though I'd put them in mid-field and nowhere near the top.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

#1 TND
    #2 TWINE
    #3 DAD
    #4 CR
    #5 GE

I have four of your top five in my bottom four, but CR is in my top four so let s focus on that.

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

#1 TND
    #2 TWINE
    #3 DAD
    #4 CR
    #5 GE

I love this. Love this!
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 12,274

I have it as my #3.

Go on!

#1 TND
    #2 TWINE
    #3 DAD
    #4 CR
    #5 GE

Happy with #4 and #5. 1 is too high for me, but I still like it. 2 and 3 I have a LOT lower.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    GBF wrote: »

Mine as well sadly.
    4 are in my bottom 5 and 5 are in my bottom 6.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Daniel Craig's "pout face" is much worse than Peirce Brosnan's "pain face".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They all have a weakness.
    PainfaceGE5.jpg

0RX3zXt.png

mugen008.png
  • I really love the two instances of bizarrely trendy music in FYEO - on the radio by Hector's pool and the music during the ski chase. I feel they add something to the atmosphere and a certain youthful appeal.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    It's a put up job
  • peterpeter Toronto
    jez-us, @mattjoes -- PB's neck looks like the skinnier version of Jabba's there, no??
  • W_Glass_90W_Glass_90 Virginia
    edited December 2017 Posts: 24
    This opinion is gonna probably have me crucified by a few people, but I watched Moonraker again, and honestly if you take away Jaws falling in love, the double take pigeon, the Gondola Hovercraft in Venice, and everything in space. It's a watchable film in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider it Moore's "worst" like many claim, especially compared to a film like A View to a Kill, or even as outlandish as Octopussy. It has some pretty dark intense moments that rarely get mentioned such as Corinne Dufour's death from Drax's dobermans, and the centrifuge chamber scene. Could it have been a better film and more closer to novel? Perhaps, but despite that it still has its moments.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    W_Glass_90 wrote: »
    This opinion is gonna probably have me crucified by a few people, but I watched Moonraker again, and honestly if you take away Jaws falling in love, the double take pigeon, the Gondola Hovercraft in Venice, and everything in space. It's a watchable film in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider it Moore's "worst" like many claim, especially compared to a film like A View to a Kill, or even as outlandish as Octopussy. It has some pretty dark intense moments that rarely get mentioned such as Corinne Dufour's death from Drax's dobermans, and the centrifuge chamber scene. Could it have been a better film and more closer to novel? Perhaps, but despite that it still has its moments.

Haha “ closer to the novel”

As if the two had any relation to begin with at all

MR is a fantastic film. I often can't decide which is Moore's best; MR or TSWLM.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    PainfaceGE5.jpg

0RX3zXt.png

mugen008.png

=))
  • W_Glass_90W_Glass_90 Virginia

Never said they did.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I've come to enjoy MR quite a bit myself. Not a fan of Sci-fi but it's just so entertaining.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Never said they did.

I realize that, I was acknowledging that it would be nice if the two had any similarities at all