No Time To Die: Production Diary

1112411251127112911302585

Comments

  • Posts: 1,162
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    This somehow represents my school of thought as well.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    It's going to be long two years of pulling each other's hairs.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    This somehow represents my school of thought as well.
    This fake news is catching on it seems.
  • Posts: 1,162
    bondjames wrote: »
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    This somehow represents my school of thought as well.
    This fake news is catching on it seems.

    It helps me to cushion the harsh reality.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,020
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft I think Skyfall is pretty explicit in saying that Gareth Mallory is Ex SAS, it also mentions him being held captive by the IRA.

    I have seen SF many times and maybe it's time you checked your facts before spouting such nonsense.

    Your disdain for the DC era makes you not the best person to be commenting on the history of the character in this era.

    Fair enough don't like it and make snidey remarks in a really patronising manner but do your research before you do.

    Irregardless of you thinking it and not being convinced the films script plainly mentions it.

    Pardon? Those were my words:
    "I of course may be wrong, especially since I haven't seen Skyfall very often, but I don't think ..."

    I see two possible reasons for this:
    Either you aren't capable of contemplating the meaning of my words from an intellectual point of view or you or you don't take the time to read posts before you start to reprimand people.
    Whatever the reason may be I would ask you to refrain from commenting on my posts as long as you haven't found a solution to your problem.

    Have a nice day

    Oh we are so clever, look I've been here long before you and I'll be here long after you, your type always burns out eventually, you might be impressing yourself in your bedroom keyboard warrior delusions but I feel not many hear apart from exceptions see right through your own self deluded importance on this forum.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Oh we are so clever, look I've been here long before you and I'll be here long after you, your type always burns out eventually, you might be impressing yourself in your bedroom keyboard warrior delusions but I feel not many hear apart from exceptions see right through your own self deluded importance on this forum.
    Count me in as one of the apparently deluded exceptions.
  • Posts: 1,162
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft I think Skyfall is pretty explicit in saying that Gareth Mallory is Ex SAS, it also mentions him being held captive by the IRA.

    I have seen SF many times and maybe it's time you checked your facts before spouting such nonsense.

    Your disdain for the DC era makes you not the best person to be commenting on the history of the character in this era.

    Fair enough don't like it and make snidey remarks in a really patronising manner but do your research before you do.

    Irregardless of you thinking it and not being convinced the films script plainly mentions it.

    Pardon? Those were my words:
    "I of course may be wrong, especially since I haven't seen Skyfall very often, but I don't think ..."

    I see two possible reasons for this:
    Either you aren't capable of contemplating the meaning of my words from an intellectual point of view or you or you don't take the time to read posts before you start to reprimand people.
    Whatever the reason may be I would ask you to refrain from commenting on my posts as long as you haven't found a solution to your problem.

    Have a nice day

    Oh we are so clever

    WE?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Eve Stavro Blofeld
    Posts: 4,314
    bondjames wrote: »
    The reason I don't like Harris (as I've said before) has to do with the fact that she comes across as more of an action girl than a behind the desk type. She is naturally better for the field imho (at least that's how she comes across to me). So even though her character is framed as a field incompetent in SF, I found her credible running around and holding / shooting a gun. I find her less credible being all dressed up behind a desk. I just find it doesn't suit her.

    And the character's arc is unsatisfactory, with her going from field operative to office worker because she wasn't good enough. Things would be a bit different if the film showed Moneypenny was truly in her element working alongside Mallory, helping him manage the MI6 crisis in some way, but instead of that we're mostly just told she feels better working behind a desk rather than being outside.


    As for the romantic scene with Bond in Macau, it feels a bit... constrained, as if the filmmakers tried to find some sort of heart to the scene but something got in the way. On a surface level, the elements to make it work are seemingly in place, but deep down, I think we just don't get enough of a sense of Moneypenny as a character to really bring that moment --and her relationship with Bond-- to life. I think she's not developed enough for that scene to exist, but is developed too much for that scene to be taken out.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited October 2017 Posts: 729
    Delete
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Just watched "Logan Lucky". And I have to say...I liked the film. It was funny, charming, and Soderbergh really got the atmosphere and the poverty of (West-)Virginia right. The little girl, Sadie Logan (kids actress Farrah Mackenzie), in a way was the emotional center. All the guys did this heist to have.....a normal family life. Loved it. Daniel Craig was great too as Joe Bang. But it was also a funny movie. With some pretty ridiculous scenes. I could envision Sherrif J.W. Pepper suddenly walking into the screen. In a weird twist, Seth MacFarlane played exactly such a role.

    So having said that, if EON wants to bring back some fun, but also some sincere emotional links to the previous films, director Steven Soderbergh should really be considered for the role. Daniel Craig himself only needs to do a call, and the man is onboard :-).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Posts: 2,700
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft I think Skyfall is pretty explicit in saying that Gareth Mallory is Ex SAS, it also mentions him being held captive by the IRA.

    I have seen SF many times and maybe it's time you checked your facts before spouting such nonsense.

    Your disdain for the DC era makes you not the best person to be commenting on the history of the character in this era.

    Fair enough don't like it and make snidey remarks in a really patronising manner but do your research before you do.

    Irregardless of you thinking it and not being convinced the films script plainly mentions it.

    Pardon? Those were my words:
    "I of course may be wrong, especially since I haven't seen Skyfall very often, but I don't think ..."

    I see two possible reasons for this:
    Either you aren't capable of contemplating the meaning of my words from an intellectual point of view or you or you don't take the time to read posts before you start to reprimand people.
    Whatever the reason may be I would ask you to refrain from commenting on my posts as long as you haven't found a solution to your problem.

    Have a nice day

    Oh we are so clever, look I've been here long before you and I'll be here long after you, your type always burns out eventually, you might be impressing yourself in your bedroom keyboard warrior delusions but I feel not many hear apart from exceptions see right through your own self deluded importance on this forum.

    Lets not get too harsh okay mate you are not that great. What I enjoy about Bond is the character and the story. Thats what keeps me rewatching the films. Hence my favorites are, CR, FRWL, TLD, QOS, and Octopussy. The last two craig outings have lacked a competent plot and that’s why they are disappointing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    So having said that, if EON wants to bring back some fun, but also some sincere emotional links to the previous films, director Steven Soderbergh should really be considered for the role. Daniel Craig himself only needs to do a call, and the man is onboard :-).
    Soderbergh could make a very interesting Bond film, but I thought I read somewhere that he is done with the studio system. He only makes films which interest him now.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,691
    Agreed on Soderbergh. I'm a big fan of his and in certain regards he's a more flexible filmmaker than someone like Mendes or Villenuive. Traffic, Out of Sight, Erin Brokovich, The Underneath, The Limey, Haywire, Sex Lies and Videotape all feel quite different from each other but all deliver story and character very well. Visually and most importantly pace wise they alter for their story needs. If they had got him around the time of QoS/SF he would have been in a perfect place as a filmmaker - just before his admission of burnout/disillusionment but then he's made a bit of a comeback. I think he knows how to play the studio game, deliver on budget, deal with stars and generally deliver both commercially and critical successes.
  • I want Bond to start smoking again. Like, what's all this nonsense of him not smoking just because it's the 21st century and such? Bond smokes, he is a smoker - despite what Jeffrey Deaver said about this "former smoker" nonsense. It makes me crazy.

    Give Bond cigarettes in B25. Or I. Will. Die.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,691
    It will be a trilogy - Live and Let Vape, Moonvaper and The Vaping Daylights.
    With Eva Green returning as her own twin sister - Vaper Lynd.

    9741e2bfe713b4d386a7a4f303502e70.jpg
  • Posts: 11,119
    bondjames wrote: »
    So having said that, if EON wants to bring back some fun, but also some sincere emotional links to the previous films, director Steven Soderbergh should really be considered for the role. Daniel Craig himself only needs to do a call, and the man is onboard :-).
    Soderbergh could make a very interesting Bond film, but I thought I read somewhere that he is done with the studio system. He only makes films which interest him now.

    He said that indeed @bondjames. He wanted to prove with this new system of money platforms that his latest film "Logan Lucky" could do without big movie bosses and without the established studio system. That's why he came back one more time as a director.

    Thing is, "Logan Lucky" was an incredible financial flop. It basically showed that Soderbergh's 'financial idealism' wasn't realistic enough. It simply didn't work.

    We also know that Soderburgh has a big heart for James Bond films. For him Bond is even that big, that he decided to write an entire oped about "OHMSS", which is his favourite Bond film.

    So given the financial circumstances surrounding "Logan Lucky", it's very disappointing box office results, and his love for Bond, I wouldn't be surprised if Soderbergh can be lured back into making one special blockbuster: that one which is part of the Bond franchise.

  • Posts: 11,425
    Christopher Nolan should be the next Bond actor. He could play the role with the help of motion capture technology and they could make Bond look just like Fleming envisioned him with some CGI wizardry. :))

    And he could sing the title song.
  • Posts: 11,425
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    You should have been there for the long wait for a Bond movie between '89 and '06. Nightmare.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Getafix wrote: »
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    You should have been there for the long wait for a Bond movie between '89 and '06. Nightmare.
    You mean the one between 2008 and 2015.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 7,418
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Or, in your world, Bond 23?
  • Posts: 11,119
    Yes, let's obliterate certain Bond films from the universe. *sigh*
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Posts: 1,786
    bondjames wrote: »

    If it really is Harris talking in a recent interview, then why is nobody mentioning "I am just lucky that it works with Daniel and I’m looking forward to coming back."? Sounds like she's boldly certain that she'll be returning for B25, no?

    What's odd is that the article isn't even built around her words. Coming from her, it's a statement with a lot more weight compared to their LA source's script 'revelation'.

    Also, why isn't this sold as a proud exclusive? No mention of the event or the reason Harris said that and with no source attached it means they got it first. Can't find the quote anywhere else. Really, really strange.
  • Posts: 1,031
    This from the article

    “They wanted ideas that had not been seen in their franchise before to try to shake things up"

    Would suggest that Bond will not be getting married a la OHMSS.
  • Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote: »
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    You should have been there for the long wait for a Bond movie between '89 and '06. Nightmare.
    You mean the one between 2008 and 2015.

    Yes a long wait but not as long as 89-06 (17 years...)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

    If it really is Harris talking in a recent interview, then why is nobody mentioning "I am just lucky that it works with Daniel and I’m looking forward to coming back."? Sounds like she's boldly certain that she'll be returning for B25, no?

    What's odd is that the article isn't even built around her words. Coming from her, it's a statement with a lot more weight compared to their LA source's script 'revelation'.

    Also, why isn't this sold as a proud exclusive? No mention of the event or the reason Harris said that and with no source attached it means they got it first. Can't find the quote anywhere else. Really, really strange.
    I don't think she has been confirmed for B25 yet. Her comment about looking forward to returning could just be her hoping to return, as opposed to anything concrete.

    The real exclusive in that article is the comment about the producers reaching out to various writers. Who are these writers exactly? We only officially know about P&W.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,418
    Getafix wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    You should have been there for the long wait for a Bond movie between '89 and '06. Nightmare.
    You mean the one between 2008 and 2015.

    Yes a long wait but not as long as 89-06 (17 years...)

    Do you keep writing this in different threads? I swear I read the same comment somewhere else. ;)
  • Posts: 11,425
    NicNac wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    But of course we are talking about Skyfall, the movie in which nothing makes sense. My mistake.
    Umm, everything in Skyfall makes 100% sense, you must be talking about either QOS or SP. Btw, I just realized that Craig only had TWO official Bond movies so far: CR and SF.

    QOS and SP are fanfictions, nothing more, and I will be unwilling to accept them as official Bond movies from now on. Hopefully Bond 25 will provide a proper ending to Craig's Bond trilogy!

    Its funny you say that because I choose to believe their hasn’t been a bond film released since 2008....

    You should have been there for the long wait for a Bond movie between '89 and '06. Nightmare.
    You mean the one between 2008 and 2015.

    Yes a long wait but not as long as 89-06 (17 years...)

    Do you keep writing this in different threads? I swear I read the same comment somewhere else. ;)

    Yes - it's important to remind the youngsters on a daily basis. Don't know they're born, so they don't!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Posts: 1,786
    bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

    If it really is Harris talking in a recent interview, then why is nobody mentioning "I am just lucky that it works with Daniel and I’m looking forward to coming back."? Sounds like she's boldly certain that she'll be returning for B25, no?

    What's odd is that the article isn't even built around her words. Coming from her, it's a statement with a lot more weight compared to their LA source's script 'revelation'.

    Also, why isn't this sold as a proud exclusive? No mention of the event or the reason Harris said that and with no source attached it means they got it first. Can't find the quote anywhere else. Really, really strange.
    I don't think she has been confirmed for B25 yet. Her comment about looking forward to returning could just be her hoping to return, as opposed to anything concrete.

    The real exclusive in that article is the comment about the producers reaching out to various writers. Who are these writers exactly? We only officially know about P&W.

    I don't know... Usually she's very careful about these things, which is why I can't believe what she said. It's not; "Oh yes, Bond 25. The producers haven't spoken to me, but I hope I shall be returning." What she said was blunt and without using smoke and mirrors (a contrast to what we've grown accustomed to). We've had the Oyelowo smile and now we have this slip-up. I just wish it wasn't written at the very end of an Express piece with no outward source cited.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

    If it really is Harris talking in a recent interview, then why is nobody mentioning "I am just lucky that it works with Daniel and I’m looking forward to coming back."? Sounds like she's boldly certain that she'll be returning for B25, no?

    What's odd is that the article isn't even built around her words. Coming from her, it's a statement with a lot more weight compared to their LA source's script 'revelation'.

    Also, why isn't this sold as a proud exclusive? No mention of the event or the reason Harris said that and with no source attached it means they got it first. Can't find the quote anywhere else. Really, really strange.
    I don't think she has been confirmed for B25 yet. Her comment about looking forward to returning could just be her hoping to return, as opposed to anything concrete.

    The real exclusive in that article is the comment about the producers reaching out to various writers. Who are these writers exactly? We only officially know about P&W.

    I don't know... Usually she's very careful about these things, which is why I can't believe what she said. It's not; "Oh yes, Bond 25. The producers haven't spoken to me, but I hope I shall be returning." What she said was blunt and without using smoke and mirrors (a contrast to what we've grown accustomed to). We've had the Oyelowo smile and now we have this slip-up. I just wish it wasn't written at the very end of an Express piece with no outward source cited.
    That's true, it could have been a slip. I think it's safe to assume that Scooby is back though (despite Rory expressing some doubts). Craig back likely means the whole gang is back. It would make sense, since they were all created within his universe.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Posts: 1,786
    Exactly.

    @jake24 what's your take? Title worthy?
Sign In or Register to comment.