Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

Comments

• I just dropped a cringe worthy Bond style one liner. It technically wasn't from a Bond movie- my fiancé was playing Resident Evil 0 and there's a part when you put pieces into a clock to get it going, to unlock a door. It clicked into place and the door opened; she says to herself 'ah that worked!'

I turn and give her my best Roger Moore eyebrows, 'Like clockwork.'

She was ashamed of me!
    [-(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just dropped a cringe worthy Bond style one liner. It technically wasn't from a Bond movie- my fiancé was playing Resident Evil 0 and there's a part when you put pieces into a clock to get it going, to unlock a door. It clicked into place and the door opened; she says to herself 'ah that worked!'

She was ashamed of me!
    [-(

She might not have liked it, but you will get big ups from me about it, @Master_Dahark. You score bonus points for improvising your own Bond one-liner instead of relying on one from the movies. Well done, I say! =D>
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    When it comes to movies I haven't seen or food I haven't tried. Occasionally someone wil say. "I haven't watched that" or "I haven't eat that." To which I'll reply. "Neither have I actually."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I've been saying, "I suppose that's something" as of late.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    "I've never killed a midget before, but there can always be a first time".
    Technically it's not from me but, just before Christmas, I heard a work colleague say: "Christmas only comes once a year" Sid James style to another colleague.

Yours truly said that James Bond had used that line once and he didn't know that.

Made me realise how crap the equivalent line in TWINE is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "I've never killed a midget before, but there can always be a first time".
    A good mantra for a hitman, eh?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I've used the " Just surviving " line and " It wouldn't do to make a habit of it" :)
    Yeah, I can rarely discern if I'm feeling closer to good or bad, so "Just surviving" is my go-to. It also makes it sound like I've been to hell and back since I last spoke to whoever is asking me how I've been doing, so there's that as well. B-)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I've used "everybody needs a hobby" and "we all get all jollies one way or another" quite often when someone mentions a peculiar peccadillo.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    My most quoted line when I speak to someone for the first time in a while:

Them: "How are you?"
    Me: "Just surviving (insert name) just surviving"

Me too.

Shame I haven't been able to work "I forgot, I should have told you. You should never go in there without a mongoose" into the conversation.
    A story I might of posted before

My ex gf in 2012 was going on how amazing her new lovers were and how freeing it was to sleep around etc to which case word for word the following dialogue happened

"Well that's nice Katy I suppose everyone needs a hobby" me
    "So what's yours" Katy
    "Ressurection" me

The Skyfall second trailer had come out two weeks pervious and man did it work well and make me feel and look like a total bad ass
  • I just dropped a cringe worthy Bond style one liner. It technically wasn't from a Bond movie- my fiancé was playing Resident Evil 0 and there's a part when you put pieces into a clock to get it going, to unlock a door. It clicked into place and the door opened; she says to herself 'ah that worked!'

She was ashamed of me!
    [-(

She might not have liked it, but you will get big ups from me about it, @Master_Dahark. You score bonus points for improvising your own Bond one-liner instead of relying on one from the movies. Well done, I say! =D>
    It was a look of equal parts disgust, disbelief and trying not to laugh. ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    "Red vine with fish? Now that should have told me something."

DALTON RULEZ™

"Just isn't your day,is it ? "

In Connery's FRWL voice....pisses people off to no end.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Most quoted line is from Sanchez:
    "don't worry, it's only money"

Most quoted Bond line is:
    "Everybody needs a Hobby" & "life is full of small challenges"
    barryt007 wrote: »

@barryt007, if one has to pull off some snarky contempt in a discussion, it's often best to play it like Sean's Bond. The bastard really knew how to dismantle the egos of his enemies without moving more than his lips.

If I'm ever at a dinner table with an irksome person, on a train with an irksome person, playing a round of golf with an irksome person, at an irksome person's seaside property or even in their hollowed out volcano, I'll be prepared to verbally dish things out thanks to Sean's Bond.
    barryt007 wrote: »

@barryt007, if one has to pull off some snarky contempt in a discussion, it's often best to play it like Sean's Bond. The bastard really knew how to dismantle the egos of his enemies without moving more than his lips.

If I'm ever at a dinner table with an irksome person, on a train with an irksome person, playing a round of golf with an irksome person, at an irksome person's seaside property or even in their hollowed out volcano, I'll be prepared to verbally dish things out thanks to Sean's Bond.

He is the best at the sarcastic ,throwaway quip for sure.

• "Never say never again." Sometimes I just shorten it to "never say never."
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    "The thought had occurred to me." Works whenever someone suggests something strikingly obvious.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Every time i say quiet my brain goes" which is why I had a dna check on a lock of his hair. Its not him" though I think M is saying quite.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dalton's less than enthusiastic "Terrific" from TLD comes in useful on a daily basis in my office.

(It's also such an '80s expression, and I am committed to bringing back the slang of my childhood. Ace! Wicked! Mega!)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    "Your champagne."

This would be vague to a non-Bond fan, but I totally knew as soon as I read it - Whisper.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I do say 'Small world' on occasion
  • You have no idea how often "Why, it's just a hat, darling, belonging to a small-headed man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken" comes up in the workplace.

Unrelated I'm sure, people at work have started avoiding me.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes. The second time he says it, when he's annoyed.

hahaha yes ,when he 'shouts' it ,Whisper style.

You have no idea how often "Why, it's just a hat, darling, belonging to a small-headed man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken" comes up in the workplace.

Unrelated I'm sure, people at work have started avoiding me.

My favourite quote of the whole series,just beating 'I don't know,could it be the front door bell'.

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    "She's waiting for you." (no idea why)
    "They'll print anything these days."
    "I'm sure they do." (non-specific)
    "Bottoms up."
    "I prefer *insert drink or year* myself."
    "Get in."
  • Division_00Division_00 Atlanta, GA, USA
    I quote Sean Connery the most by a country mile. "Tell me, which lunatic asylum did they get you out of?" "Do you expect me to talk?" "I think he got the point." I also quote Daniel Craig sometimes: "Do I look like I give a damn?" "Do me a favor and throw that down the toilet for me." But mostly I quote Q. He's absolutely adorable: "Frequently." "Grow up, 007!" "I also have a mortgage and two cats to feed." "I thought I said bring it back in one piece, not bring back one piece."

BONUS Connery quotes:
    I find myself saying "this is intolerable" (IJLC) a lot. When my mom is using the Find My iPhone app and she's about to tap the Play Sound button, I kindly remind her, "One ping only" (THFRO).
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    "Of course!"