Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

18910111214»

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    doubleoego wrote: »
    "My dear girl, there are somethings that Just aren't done".

That’s a good one!

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Another thread has reminded me that I say "Bless your heart!" pretty often. (People probably think I'm much nicer than I actually am.)
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Another thread has reminded me that I say "Bless your heart!" pretty often. (People probably think I'm much nicer than I actually am.)

Lol I do that a lot as well.
    These days it is:

I shan't ask you politely next time.

...and I always get what I want :D

"Ca-- Ca-- Cairoow!" (without moving my lips)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 5,185
    In honor of Ricky Jay, here's a line that i haven't used very often but wish i did because it's so good.
    I heard a ridiculous story the other day and went "if something looks too good to be true it usually isn't". And you can always add a "Guptas law of convenient anomalies" at the end just to make it more snappy :))
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Absolute winner: "Well... You can't win 'em all"

less used:
    "No, you first I insist"
    " Well, it wouldn't do to make a habit of it"
    00Agent wrote: »
    In honor of Ricky Jay, here's a line that i haven't used very often but wish i did because it's so good.
    I heard a ridiculous story the other day and went "if something looks too good to be true it usually isn't". And you can always add a "Guptas law of convenient anomalies" at the end just to make it more snappy :))

I love the thought Gupta has probably seen so much stuff in his line of work that he has come up with names for recurring situations.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »

I love the thought Gupta has probably seen so much stuff in his line of work that he has come up with names for recurring situations.

Well, he practically invented cyber terrorism.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    "I prefer the '53 myself." (Usually said when someone offers a cheap bottle of plonk.)

I do find I say "Better make that two" in the Dalton voice quite a lot.

And I often say "It's going to be a beauuuuuutiful day." and I love to throw out "Names is for tombstone baby." when I get the chance.

• mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    I got to use a line from Spectre today.

At the Doctors I was asked "How much do you drink" and I was able to reply "Too much"

Admittedly it was in relation to the consumption of tea and coffee, but I was still glad I was able to remember the line so quickly :-)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Pushy, Pushy Galore
  • peterpeter Toronto
    don't know why but-- "you're a Toro too"...--
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I often use “First things, first.”
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    No, ma'am, I'm on the economy tour!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I often use “First things, first.”

That one I use almost on a daily basis.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    So every time the fire alarm gets pulled at my school ( it’s always a false alarm, waste of time) I always say to the person next to me

“ someone probably lost a dog”
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,721
    When I don't want someone to hear a conversation I'm engaged in - I like to slap their bottom and say "Man Talk." And push them on their way.

When I'm ready to leave the house I say "Quarrel, fetch my shoes!"

And when a professional who happens to be female introduces themselves to me I say in a surprised tone "A Woman?!"
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Bibi! It's time for your rubdown!
    OOOORRRROOHHHHHHH!
  • "Tell me- which lunatic asylum did they get you from?"
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,081
    I have been known to keep my tip up.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Whenever I'm given something I've been waiting for, shown a seat, hotel room, rental car or anything of the sort:

"This 'll do, this 'll do me nicely.
    I love when I end up using quotes from Bond in real life, either from Bond himself or any other character. The other day when my brother and I were talking and he was educating me on a subject I didn't know as much about, I just said pretty quickly, "You really know far more about it than I do," which for those who don't get it is what Scaramanga says to Bond near the climax of TMWTGG. Being my favorite series and having so much dialogue to pull from, there's something that works for every situation!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Mine is "The thought had occurred to me", even when the conversation as such is in German. The Moonraker version ("Hang on, James!"), not the Goldeye one.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    "That's putting it mildly" is probably my most used. "The thought had occurred to me" would be a close second.