No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

NicNac wrote: »
    And breathe...

Quite :) I only made a simple comment about Villeneuve :)
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I wonder how close Warner Bros are to getting the distribution on BOND25...this is what's holding most things up at the moment.

Anyone think Amazon and Apple have a chance? For some reason I just can't see Eon partnering with either of them.
    Dennison wrote: »
    I wonder how close Warner Bros are to getting the distribution on BOND25...this is what's holding most things up at the moment.

Anyone think Amazon and Apple have a chance? For some reason I just can't see Eon partnering with either of them.

Personally I don't think so.
    Bond is still EON's baby and I think they would like an established film studio to partner,rather than the 2 'new boys' in the world of distribution.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Oh dear ... have I come to the wrong thread again? Please re-direct me to Bond 25 discussion ...
    Why don't you offer up something that you feel is worth discussing then.

Denis Villenueve is my choice for director. There mate you have it .... DISCUSS AWAY ... then. That's worth discussing THEN - why don't you do that ... THEN ... Let's go THEN
    That's it? We've already been doing that diligently for a few pages now. My views have already been expressed a couple of times on the matter. Most seem to want him. It's just a rumour mind you. Nothing to get too excited about at present. He's still committed to Dune as far as we know.

That's it ... ? No a film has producers, musicians, DoPs, grips, lighting men, assistant directors ...

How did I know you'd react with 'we've already been talking about that' 'can't you talk about something else' - this forum is so predictable. Give it another 50 pages and you'll all be bemoanign Mendes, Brofeld, and Thomas Newman again - it's dull and boring and repetitive. Thought I'd join the club :)
    That's just it though. You keep coming back and here and insulting members on this thread and the forum in general. What are you doing here if you think it's such a waste? Surely there are better ways for you to spend your time rather than come and nag on the rest of us and subject yourself to what you think is boredom.

When you make a comment that a thread is boring and predictable and then when asked to give your opinion provide one of the most predictable comments on such thread (eg. I want Villeneuve) without any context or clarification after its been discussed for pages on end, how are you helping matters? At least Risico007 brought some new ideas above.

Why continually jump on members? If you want to make this interesting, then make it interesting with some new suggestions and ideas.

I have insulted no one. I have not 'jumped' on any members. I find this forum very interesting. Why are you always annoyed with me? I have been on these forums for quite some time and you never used to get this annoyed with me.

My comment about Villeneuve was perfectly valid.
    I'm not annoyed at you. It's just that nearly every post I read of yours on this thread is criticizing either the thread or the participants. You just did it again in your last post and then in the first one you made on this thread earlier today. I'm just curious as to why you have to come here and take shots at members (which is what you're doing indirectly when you criticize a thread, since a thread is made up of its participants)?

I personally would much rather see you participate and give your own opinion on where you think the franchise should be headed.

I'm really not annoyed at you, just offering a friendly suggestion since it's you who seem to be annoyed at the thread. If I misread that, then I apologize.

Thank you, yes I have criticised. That's part of a discussion it involves criticism. But if that's not allowed I'll quite happily leave ... not comment ..

I have never insulted anyone though ...

I am not annoyed at the thread at all ....

I've made a few comments here and there. I don't spend too much time on here, if that's a problem then I can refrain from making the occasional passing comment ... I'm not one of these people that spends all their days on an internet forum ... I drop in and out .. if casual use is a problem I can stop coming here ...
    I'm not telling you what to do. I was just offering a suggestion based on what I thought were remarks of frustration about this thread which I've read from you over the past few months.

I apologize for poking my nose into it. I don't run this thread and I have nothing against anyone who posts here, including yourself. I do get a little frustrated though when I read people having a go at this thread, which is one of the most interesting ones in this forum at the present time, with lots of back and forth discussion between members. That's all. Anyway, moving on..
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,031
    Oh dear ... have I come to the wrong thread again? Please re-direct me to Bond 25 discussion ...
    Why don't you offer up something that you feel is worth discussing then.

Denis Villenueve is my choice for director. There mate you have it .... DISCUSS AWAY ... then. That's worth discussing THEN - why don't you do that ... THEN ... Let's go THEN
    That's it? We've already been doing that diligently for a few pages now. My views have already been expressed a couple of times on the matter. Most seem to want him. It's just a rumour mind you. Nothing to get too excited about at present. He's still committed to Dune as far as we know.

That's it ... ? No a film has producers, musicians, DoPs, grips, lighting men, assistant directors ...

How did I know you'd react with 'we've already been talking about that' 'can't you talk about something else' - this forum is so predictable. Give it another 50 pages and you'll all be bemoanign Mendes, Brofeld, and Thomas Newman again - it's dull and boring and repetitive. Thought I'd join the club :)
    That's just it though. You keep coming back and here and insulting members on this thread and the forum in general. What are you doing here if you think it's such a waste? Surely there are better ways for you to spend your time rather than come and nag on the rest of us and subject yourself to what you think is boredom.

When you make a comment that a thread is boring and predictable and then when asked to give your opinion provide one of the most predictable comments on such thread (eg. I want Villeneuve) without any context or clarification after its been discussed for pages on end, how are you helping matters? At least Risico007 brought some new ideas above.

Why continually jump on members? If you want to make this interesting, then make it interesting with some new suggestions and ideas.

I have insulted no one. I have not 'jumped' on any members. I find this forum very interesting. Why are you always annoyed with me? I have been on these forums for quite some time and you never used to get this annoyed with me.

My comment about Villeneuve was perfectly valid.
    I'm not annoyed at you. It's just that nearly every post I read of yours on this thread is criticizing either the thread or the participants. You just did it again in your last post and then in the first one you made on this thread earlier today. I'm just curious as to why you have to come here and take shots at members (which is what you're doing indirectly when you criticize a thread, since a thread is made up of its participants)?

I personally would much rather see you participate and give your own opinion on where you think the franchise should be headed.

I'm really not annoyed at you, just offering a friendly suggestion since it's you who seem to be annoyed at the thread. If I misread that, then I apologize.

Thank you, yes I have criticised. That's part of a discussion it involves criticism. But if that's not allowed I'll quite happily leave ... not comment ..

I have never insulted anyone though ...

I am not annoyed at the thread at all ....

I've made a few comments here and there. I don't spend too much time on here, if that's a problem then I can refrain from making the occasional passing comment ... I'm not one of these people that spends all their days on an internet forum ... I drop in and out .. if casual use is a problem I can stop coming here ...
    I'm not telling you what to do. I was just offering a suggestion based on what I thought were remarks of frustration about this thread which I've read from you over the past few months.

I apologize for poking my nose into it. I don't run this thread and I have nothing against anyone who posts here, including yourself. I do get a little frustrated though when I read people having a go at this thread, which is one of the most interesting ones in this forum at the present time, with lots of back and forth discussion between members. That's all. Anyway, moving on..

Sorry but I do have to correct you. This thread is the MOST interesting thread on here! In fact it's the only one I read most of the time.

And if I may say so, your posts really help to make it so interesting! You can be quite funny at times.
    Thanks @Dennison, I'm glad you get my brand of humour and likewise I enjoy your suggestions about B25, even if I've perhaps not conveyed that to you before. I look forward to discussing the next snippet of news with you, when we finally get it!
    Thanks @Dennison, I'm glad you get my brand of humour and likewise I enjoy your suggestions about B25, even if I've perhaps not conveyed that to you before. I look forward to discussing the next snippet of news with you, when we finally get it!

Mericia

Maybe once the BladeRunner 2049 press tour is over? If DV is in the box seat? A distributor possibly may be announced? Thoughts?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    An announcement confirming the distributor, the director (or both), should be expected next. If it's Villeneuve, we'll find out sooner rather than later, IMO.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Maybe once the BladeRunner 2049 press tour is over? If DV is in the box seat? A distributor possibly may be announced? Thoughts?

Sounds good to me,and makes sense.

edited September 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Bond 25 Production Diary: Craig reportedly 'keen' on Fake Moustaches
    q.png

Go Tigers.
    01-1855_l.jpg
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    edited September 2017 Posts: 464
    jake24 wrote: »
    An announcement confirming the distributor, the director (or both), should be expected next. If it's Villeneuve, we'll find out sooner rather than later, IMO.

When do you expect the announcement to come? I'm betting october 5
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

When do you expect the announcement to come? I'm betting october 5
    For James Bond day? Who knows.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,756
    I have inside sources saying the next big news will be on the 31st of this month. Trust me, I just know. Which will confirm a certain Scottish chap will be directing and Craig will be doing 6 movies back to back.
    It just seems fitting if it is villenueve and not only is it james bond day but also when blade runner 2049 opens
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    It just seems fitting if it is villenueve and not only is it james bond day but also when blade runner 2049 opens
    Villeneuve has another project he's very passionate about, about to be written and due in theatres at the end of 2019. My gut tells me EON will get him, but not for B25. The question is whether or not the direction they go into for Bond #7's first will suit Villeneuve's style.
    Villeneuve has another project he's very passionate about, about to be written and due in theatres at the end of 2019. My gut tells me EON will get him, but not for B25. The question is whether or not the direction they go into for Bond #7's first will suit Villeneuve's style.

We will have to wait and see
    about to be written and due in theatres at the end of 2019.
    Even if Dune really will end up being Villeneuve's next film, I seriously doubt that it will get made by the end of 2019. It will be a huge project, probably even bigger than BR 2049, and my impression is that the script is nowhere near finished yet.
    about to be written and due in theatres at the end of 2019.
    Even if Dune really will end up being Villeneuve's next film, I seriously doubt that it will get made by the end of 2019. It will be a huge project, probably even bigger than BR 2049, and my impression is that the script is nowhere near finished yet.
    It did seem pretty tight to me. Time will tell.
    Craig is usually great at getting what he wants for the bond films like he was a huge reason why mendes returned for SPECTRE but only time will tell if villeneuve is willing to put dune on ice for bond 25 if not then i will be very happy with demange directing
    I have inside sources saying the next big news will be on the 31st of this month. Trust me, I just know. Which will confirm a certain Scottish chap will be directing and Craig will be doing 6 movies back to back.

Hope your right
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @dominicgreene , you've been chatting with @QuantumOrganization again, haven't you? I thought we told you to stay away!!
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    001 wrote: »
    Bond 25 Production Diary: Craig reportedly 'keen' on Fake Moustaches
    q.png

Go Tigers.
    01-1855_l.jpg

yEgRUJ7.jpg
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,314
    Any time anyone says "I find that offensive" my first thought is.

"And your point is ...?"

And I have to confess. I've never seen Blade Runner
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Any time anyone says "I find that offensive" my first thought is.

"And your point is ...?"

And I have to confess. I've never seen Blade Runner
    Stephen Fry has a nice little quote on that subject:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
  • barryt007 wrote: »

Personally I don't think so.
    Bond is still EON's baby and I think they would like an established film studio to partner,rather than the 2 'new boys' in the world of distribution.

I think they only have a chance if they put a ton of money on the table and buy everybody out. They've got the cash. Whether they think it's worth that much is another matter.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited September 2017 Posts: 6,023
    My not so subtle view on this whole thing. They should just reboot. The mood will improve in here immeasurably when we have something fresh to speculate on. Directors and composers just don't cut it.

I'm not in favor of a reboot. But someone astute in here pointed out that, in adapting OHMSS, they chose to ignore that Blofeld and Bond had already met in favor of playing out a superior story. I appreciate that Maibaum, Hunt et al had the balls (bezants?) to do that.

So, while I still think they need to deal with Swann and probably Blofeld in some manner in Bond 25, if they truly find a superior story to tell, then I wouldn't mind if they just moved on from Spectre. (Business-wise, I still think a standalone is unlikely for B25 since Eon clearly spent a pretty penny to get the Blofeld/SPECTRE rights in the first place.)
    echo wrote: »
    My not so subtle view on this whole thing. They should just reboot. The mood will improve in here immeasurably when we have something fresh to speculate on. Directors and composers just don't cut it.

I'm not in favor of a reboot. But someone astute in here pointed out that, in adapting OHMSS, they chose to ignore that Blofeld and Bond had already met in favor of playing out a superior story. I appreciate that Maibaum, Hunt et al had the balls (bezants?) to do that.

So, while I still think they need to deal with Swann and probably Blofeld in some manner in Bond 25, if they truly find a superior story to tell, then I wouldn't mind if they just moved on from Spectre. (Business-wise, I still think a standalone is unlikely for B25 since Eon clearly spent a pretty penny to get the Blofeld/SPECTRE rights in the first place.)
    That's an interesting idea, but arguably OHMSS was in fact a reboot of sorts, with a new actor. It sort of proves my point.

I certainly hope it's not a standalone, but only because Craig is back. Generally I'm in favour of a standalone, but since he has chosen to return they might as well clean up his story while they're at it, otherwise what was the point really.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,619
    echo wrote: »
    (Business-wise, I still think a standalone is unlikely for B25
    I couldn't disagree with that more. What's unlikely business-wise is making a direct sequel to a movie that audiences found underwhelming, when you have the option of making a stand alone Bond film instead. Bringing Blofeld & SPECTRE back would make as much sense as making a DAD sequel in 2006.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,695
    Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct Cleopatra:

http://www.slashfilm.com/cleopatra-movie/