Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

patb wrote: »
    Christmas adverts in September

Grrrrrrr!!!!!'n

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Be thankful they're not Easter egg ads
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Strog, off that, I can't stand when people feel the need to walk by themselves and blare their music at the loudest volume possible, for anyone in a 40 foot radius to hear. That's what headphones are for, for your own personal use; don't push your terrible taste in music on me.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This thread is simply as the title explains...

Why ?......

Anything that annoys you, or you wonder 'why' ?!

(Or if you have just had an argument in another thread, come in here and scream !! )

Like this one,that really gets on my nerves.

Why..........do people wear sunglasses on the underground/tube/subway ?

Do they seriously think they look 'cool'...they look like grade 1 idiots...they arnt going to get sunstroke ffs ...why ?

Answer if you can or come up with your own 'why' ?!

Sunglasses -

Migraine, hangover, anonymity, posing, trying to wind you up......
    vzok wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This thread is simply as the title explains...

Why ?......

Anything that annoys you, or you wonder 'why' ?!

(Or if you have just had an argument in another thread, come in here and scream !! )

Like this one,that really gets on my nerves.

Why..........do people wear sunglasses on the underground/tube/subway ?

Do they seriously think they look 'cool'...they look like grade 1 idiots...they arnt going to get sunstroke ffs ...why ?

Answer if you can or come up with your own 'why' ?!

Sunglasses -

Migraine, hangover, anonymity, posing, trying to wind you up......

Hiding a black eye ...
  • NSGWNSGW London
    edited September 2017 Posts: 299
    People who excessively grunt in the gym for every set regardless of the amount of weight they are lifting.

People who listen to music so loud you can hear it through their headphones.

Any kind of noise for the sake of noise with no consideration given to others I find distracting. I like this thread, I feel better already.
    ..... Trying to look like Bond in Spectre ?
    70 year olds driving and voting scare me :-D

On the plus side, a 70 year old can take three G's.

(Was this Bond quoting bait or am I just a Bond quoting nut??)
    So long as they don't take three Es
    ..... Trying to look like Bond in Spectre ?

Yeah, did he think he looked cool?
    So long as they don't take three Es

maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20130306233258
    Clarkson and the boys, knew this day was
    Coming.
    Why do people kill animals for sport?!!!!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Why do people kill animals for sport?!!!!!!!

yeah, i don't get that either.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Drax " Such good sport "
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    BAIN123 wrote: »

:))
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,105

Another great 'Why!'
    tenor.gif

I ask myself that question every day :))
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Being serious now, my biggest sinew-bursting pet peeves:

*People who chew loudly or who actively try to speak with their mouths full of food.

*People who finish their shopping and lazily leave their carts out in the open parking lot where they could hit other cars, often just feet from the cart corral. They do this, as if a five foot walk would kill them to put the cart where it actually belongs.

*People in restaurants who speak so loud you can hear their entire conversation, like you're listening to a commentary track for a movie you never asked to see. In the same theme, people who bring their insolent children to restaurants, and nothing but screams and cries fill the establishment (this one happened to me this past weekend).

*People who don't look up from their phones when they do anything. These experiences were an everyday pain in the arse for me at college, where my ignorant and dim upper and lowerclassmen didn't have the decency to watch where they were going as they opened the door with their eyes glued to their phones, not watching if the door was going to hit someone, and who ate with people at breakfast, lunch and dinner that they ignored in favor of texting another trivial person until their next class (and no doubt during that class as well). The incessant and cancerous habits of these cell phone addicts have run rampant in the outside world too, and every day is another headache watching them eradicate their brain cells and those of the people around them.

*Touchy people who always have to grab you at some point in your conversation with them. The types you want to stare at, lift their arm off your shoulder and say, "It's called personal space. You're invading mine."

*People who gossip and never actually discuss anything of any true relevance or importance. History, politics, philosophy, current events? Damn it all, let's talk about who divorced who or what two people are "seeing each other." These are individuals so focused on other's lives that you get the sense they don't have ones of their own, which is probably more true than anyone (including myself) would like to know. It's one thing to be ignorant and obsessive, but when that obsessiveness only focuses on the trivial, I must keep my distance from you.

*Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).

It's a dang good thing I'm not a radical then. I love having chats with you.

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited September 2017 Posts: 6,759
    The phrases "live a little" and "it'll be a laugh".
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I am well educated though I know nothing which is the beginning of wisdom ;)

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I always wear my glasses on the tube ,not sunglasses I grant you ,but it does stop the dust getting in my eyes
    And whilst I'm here The One Thing That Pisses Me Off more than anything else on this site
    Is that so many people ,not mentioning any names seem to be of the opinion that they know far better than Babs & MGW about how a Bond Film should be made .
    That's it for now end of rant.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    One time I was doing a little shopping and this woman was plowing through isles running as fast as she could with her shopping cart. She would have collided into me if I hadn't jumped out of the way. What the heck is wrong with people?
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Being serious now, my biggest sinew-bursting pet peeves:

*People who chew loudly or who actively try to speak with their mouths full of food.

*People who finish their shopping and lazily leave their carts out in the open parking lot where they could hit other cars, often just feet from the cart corral. They do this, as if a five foot walk would kill them to put the cart where it actually belongs.

*People in restaurants who speak so loud you can hear their entire conversation, like you're listening to a commentary track for a movie you never asked to see. In the same theme, people who bring their insolent children to restaurants, and nothing but screams and cries fill the establishment (this one happened to me this past weekend).

*People who don't look up from their phones when they do anything. These experiences were an everyday pain in the arse for me at college, where my ignorant and dim upper and lowerclassmen didn't have the decency to watch where they were going as they opened the door with their eyes glued to their phones, not watching if the door was going to hit someone, and who ate with people at breakfast, lunch and dinner that they ignored in favor of texting another trivial person until their next class (and no doubt during that class as well). The incessant and cancerous habits of these cell phone addicts have run rampant in the outside world too, and every day is another headache watching them eradicate their brain cells and those of the people around them.

*Touchy people who always have to grab you at some point in your conversation with them. The types you want to stare at, lift their arm off your shoulder and say, "It's called personal space. You're invading mine."

*People who gossip and never actually discuss anything of any true relevance or importance. History, politics, philosophy, current events? Damn it all, let's talk about who divorced who or what two people are "seeing each other." These are individuals so focused on other's lives that you get the sense they don't have ones of their own, which is probably more true than anyone (including myself) would like to know. It's one thing to be ignorant and obsessive, but when that obsessiveness only focuses on the trivial, I must keep my distance from you.

*Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).

I drink coffee. And I like modern art (seriously? All midern art; music, film, photography, paintings, architecture, sculptures etc?)

Can we still be friends?
    Sorry to say I'm a radical Catholic ! ........ So radical I left them years ago :-D