No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Only 9 more pages, and we are at page 1000 :-D! So incredibly ridiculous, but I will be the first one posting there!:-D
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I don't know about everyone else but I am going to believe Quantum until I have reason not to. It's fun getting excited about insider information and thinking about what becomes possible with a two movies filmed in one shoot. That's half the reason I come to this thread is for new ideas of what could be possible for the future of Bond.
    Honestly, a May 2018 production (i.e. shooting, not ore prod) start date would make so much sense.
  • RC7RC7
    Not convinced by the two picture rumour. I'd be inclined to believe Demange, if it is to be him, will move onto Bond full time, once White Boy Rick has been released/promoted next January/February, with pre-production on B25 officially kicking off around May. Could be wrong.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The composer for Demange's WHITE BOY RICK is none other than... Thomas Newman
  • RC7RC7
    peter wrote: »

Don't tell @Murdock
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    113.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    113.gif
    "Ddaddaddaddaaaddah! Ddaddaddaddaaaddah!"
    ~Ben Stiller
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,126
    113.gif
    ~Ben Stiller

;O) lol
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    113.gif
    ~Ben Stiller

;O) lol
    :))
    @QuantumOrganization has to man up and spill the beans. How realiable is his source? What else has he heard?
    antovolk wrote: »
    Honestly, a May 2018 production (i.e. shooting, not ore prod) start date would make so much sense.
    If they are shooting two movies back-to-back (which I really doubt), then yes, it does make sense. But does it make sense even if they are filming only one movie?
    Promising news. Newman dropped the ball on Spectre, but his Skyfall score was truly great, I'm sure he has another GREAT Bond score in him. Btw, I would be happy with any composer as long as it's not David Arnold.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,165
    Troll-2-Oh-My-God.jpg
    I actually don't have any beef with Newman, I'd just like a new composer.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    113.gif
    ~Ben Stiller

;O) lol

How you get this emoji back on there since they disappeared I haven't been able to use them?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,157
    Mark my words, the day will come when even the most ardent Blofeld fanboy will have to admit that Blofeld won't appear in Bond 25.

Say that again, I couldn't hear you as I was listening to SPECTRE's title theme made by Radiohead*

Seriously, why would they leave Blofeld out of Bond 25 after it took them ages to get Blofeld's rights back? The character's still alive, and that's pretty much the only loose end from SPECTRE, and I don't see them making a stand alone movie.

*granted, they did make a song for SPECTRE, but it was rejected, so it doesn't count.
    I remember once a few people here said they merely bought the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld and they were not going to use them in the then-unnamed Bond 24. The same people who always insist on their ideas (with no facts but supposed "instincts", perhaps) to be intact and factual, yet the opposite happens. We'll see, won't we?

Just like people said Quantum would not even get a passing mention in Bond 24 and the organization's fate would be left unresolved.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I remember once a few people here said they merely bought the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld and they were not going to use them in the then-unnamed Bond 24. The same people who always insist on their ideas (with no facts but supposed "instincts", perhaps) to be intact and factual, yet the opposite happens. We'll see, won't we?

Just like people said Quantum would not even get a passing mention in Bond 24 and the organization's fate would be left unresolved.
    Yep!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Promising news. Newman dropped the ball on Spectre, but his Skyfall score was truly great, I'm sure he has another GREAT Bond score in him. Btw, I would be happy with any composer as long as it's not David Arnold.

You have to be real for 1 minute at least once about Newman. No matter how 'great' his SF score was, it cannot be classified as a 'great' Bond score by any means whatsoever because it is missing one fundamental aspect that is required in any Bond soundtrack: instrumental versions of the film's theme song interwoven in the score. I am not discrediting his work on SF, but that missing aspect of his soundtrack eliminates his score from being a top-tier Bond OST on the spot. I'm not saying Newman should have aped Barry or anything, but being able to come up with several instrumental cues of the theme song is a pre-requisite for a Bond score. That's what seperates Bond, music wise, from any other franchise - Bond not only has his own theme song, but each film in the franchise has its own specific theme song on top of it.

You have to be real for 1 minute at least once about Newman. No matter how 'great' his SF score was, it cannot be classified as a 'great' Bond score by any means whatsoever because it is missing one fundamental aspect that is required in any Bond soundtrack: instrumental versions of the film's theme song interwoven in the score. I am not discrediting his work on SF, but that missing aspect of his soundtrack eliminates his score from being a top-tier Bond OST on the spot. I'm not saying Newman should have aped Barry or anything, but being able to come up with several instrumental cues of the theme song is a pre-requisite for a Bond score. That's what seperates Bond, music wise, from any other franchise - Bond not only has his own theme song, but each film in the franchise has its own specific theme song.
    113.gif

Guys, I solved a small mystery. That juicy-james-bond tumblr page is simply reposting reddit threads. This is the place where those rumors that were posted earlier today originate from: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/6vti3w/new_bond_25_details_revealed_director_hired/
    Seriously, why would they leave Blofeld out of Bond 25 after it took them ages to get Blofeld's rights back?
    What if the main reason they wanted to get Blofeld's rights back was NOT that they wanted to use Blofeld, but that they did not want other producers ever use him?
    The character's still alive, and that's pretty much the only loose end from SPECTRE, and I don't see them making a stand alone movie.
    Again: Blofeld and his organization not returning would not necessairly mean Bond 25 would be a completely stand alone movie. Spectre ended with Bond leaving MI6 with Swann. What if Bond 25 is about a retired Bond, with Swann back again?

Newman should be banned after his horrific copy and paste job. He's the worst Bond composer ever.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    What if the main reason they wanted to get Blofeld's rights back was NOT that they wanted to use Blofeld, but that they did not want other producers ever use him?

Can you explain then way you've spent the last couple of weeks going on and on about how EON would sell the rights of the franchise? You've been telling us over and over again that EON were going to sell the Bond rights after Bond 25, and now you are saying they bought the Blofeld rights so that no one else ever gets to use them? As the famous quote goes - ''Where is the consistency?'' Are EON selling the rights as you claimed on a daily basis, or are they keeping the rights to themselves?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

giphy.webp
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    He's the worst Bond composer ever.
    Yet he is the first composer since the 70s to get nominated for an Oscar for a Bond score. ;)
    Newman should be banned after his horrific copy and paste job. He's the worst Bond composer ever.
    113.gif

Point taken I agree sorry I couldn't help myself :))
    Yet he is the first composer since the 70s to get nominated for an Oscar for a Bond score. ;)

And his nomination should be retro-actively cancelled.

Yeah because oscars are the single crowning defining factor for great quality. You should be a comedian with these jokes.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619

Yeah because oscars are the single crowning defining factor for great quality. You should be a comedian with these jokes.
    You need to understand how the Oscars work. The 5 nominees in the Best Original Score category are selected by professional composers. The winner is then chosen by the whole Academy. Clearly, the average make-up artist or an actor won't know much about music (at least not more than you or I do), so the winner doesn't really matter. The 5 nominees on the other hand, as I wrote, are determined by people who know more about music than pretty much anyone in this forum. So yes, the fact that Newman got nominated for Skyfall does prove that it's a great movie score.
    You've been telling us over and over again that EON were going to sell the Bond rights after Bond 25, and now you are saying they bought the Blofeld rights so that no one else ever gets to use them?
    You don't get it. The McClory estate were rivals. Also, that happened 4 years ago. 4 years can be a very long time in the film industry.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Since filming a four hour 2-parter movie is going to be exhausting for Craig, Bond 25 and 26 will feature at least 1 hour and a half of the Scooby gang, with particular focus on Kinnear's Tanner.

@TheWizardOfIce Sounds like a plan?
    royale65 wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Part 1 being a remake of OHMSS with Madeline dying, and part 2 being a true adaptation of YOLT where Bond kills Blofeld

Damn. Now if we don't get this I'll disappointed!

That would be nice hey, @Creasy47.

Same! I want this so bad.

Yeah and send wario on steroids after the academy awards committee
    113.gif

I'm having to much fun with that I can't get enough of it :))
    You've been telling us over and over again that EON were going to sell the Bond rights after Bond 25, and now you are saying they bought the Blofeld rights so that no one else ever gets to use them?
    You don't get it. The McClory estate were rivals. Also, that happened 4 years ago. 4 years can be a very long time in the film industry.

It's not me who doesn't get it, but you who isn't being consistent. Why use that argument now, since obviously for you they are now planning to sell the Bond rights all together. Your post I quoted above is entirely redundant since you have been claiming for the last 2 weeks or so that EON are about to give up on Bond.
    So yes, the fact that Newmna got nominated for Skyfall does prove that it's a great movie score.

And you are missing the point that his SF score is not a 'great' Bond score due to one key element missing.

It's not me who doesn't get it, but you who isn't being consistent. Why use that argument now, since obviously for you they are now planning to sell the Bond rights all together. Your post I quoted above is entirely redundant since you have been claiming for the last 2 weeks or so that EON are about to give up on Bond.
    Make that a month. Oh, and Christopher Nolan is buying all the Bond rights.