No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Quantum. They have people everywhere.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Mr. White - of course!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Minion wrote: »
    Mr. White - of course!
    Ha ha. Classic.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    They are filming two movies as one long production. This is why they're starting in may. Yes I've heard this from my own people.

Really? May/June (early summer) pre-production has been Eon's schedule for a long time - a schedule for one film.
    We're already in pre-production. What I heard is filming beginning in may.
  • RC7RC7
    Mr. White - of course!

Ha ha
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,372
    Mr. White - of course!

"Of course - Mr. White!"

How dare you bungle the best-delivered line in the history of cinema!

In all honesty, as soon as I saw the rumor of them beginning in May (and assuming that it was the start of actual production and not pre-production), I immediately thought of that as a possibility. If they're secretly filming two more with Craig and that means that we get one in 2019 and the final one in 2020/2021, I'd be a happy man.
    I agree and Craig is not gonna say on Colbert it's gonna be a 2 part film. That's something EON would want announce themselves at the press conference
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    A huge two-parter with Blofeld as the main villain would be a DISASTER in the making.
    Part 1 being a remake of OHMSS with Madeline dying, and part 2 being a true adaptation of YOLT where Bond kills Blofeld

I'm fuckin sold.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I agree and Craig is not gonna say on Colbert it's gonna be a 2 part film. That's something EON would want announce themselves at the press conference

Forget all that noise. Don't mention it whatsoever, even at the press conference. No rumors, no hints, nothing. Wait for B25 to drop, and as the die-hard fans sit in their seats to enjoy the credits and see 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN,' instead, we get 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN (B26 TITLE),' maybe even with the year of release. Now that'd be something.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Part 1 being a remake of OHMSS with Madeline dying, and part 2 being a true adaptation of YOLT where Bond kills Blofeld

Damn. Now if we don't get this I'll disappointed!

That would be nice hey, @Creasy47.

I have no idea who this blogger is or the past accurate items he claims at the start, Presenting for entertainment value only.

https://juicy-james-bond.tumblr.com/post/164570033028/new-bond-25-details-revealed-director-hired

Highlights: Villeneuve wanted the job but couldn't make it work because of his Dune commitments. Demange has the job. Hardy met with Eon but wasn't screentested, may have been something to get Craig to commit.

One big factor in deciding Craig’s return was the promise of a Logan-esque send-off

Uff, please no. I saw "Logan". And although I liked it, it was overblown with drama and a Logan that was so conflicted that it felt a bit over-the-top. Besides that, 'dying of lead characters' becomes a bit uncreative for me. We had Tracy, Vesper and 'M' dead. Now Bond too? That makes MI6 one hell of an incompetent agency.

The story approach is said to be action-light

Please no :-(. The story needs to be action-heavy. Not the action we had in SP. But inventive, trendsetting action. Action sequences that we haven't seen before.

Two BIG rumours I’ve heard that be bullshit say the P&W’s story does not include Blofeld and involve Bond working with a single mother

A single mother?? I know from the Fleming novels that poor Bond made Kissy Suzuki pregnant at the end of "You Only Live Twice". But should we really dig this up further, make the leading Bond girl....ehh...Bond momma pregnant from Bond? And with it we entirely ignore the fact that Bond is actually in a love relationship with Madeleine Swann??

Sorry......I still need to digest these rumours...
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    They are filming two movies as one long production. This is why they're starting in may. Yes I've heard this from my own people.

Thank you, I needed a laugh.
    Well, one thing, Yann Demange is possibly the hottest Bond director ever :-P:

Yann+Demange+Pom+Klementieff+Black+Label+Media+qV-opdmg3xcl.jpg
    BAFTA+LA+Brits+Watch+Screenings+Yann+Demange+Eb8_QRAkPWYl.jpg
    Tinge+Krishnan+Yann+Demange+Breakthrough+Brit+WkxMVy39QLdl.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Forget all that noise. Don't mention it whatsoever, even at the press conference. No rumors, no hints, nothing. Wait for B25 to drop, and as the die-hard fans sit in their seats to enjoy the credits and see 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN,' instead, we get 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN (B26 TITLE),' maybe even with the year of release. Now that'd be something.

I would lose my shit if that happens

Scoop.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,126
    @QuantumOrganization so Bond 26 is also starring Craig?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Much as I'm unimpressed by this double bill rumour I have to admit there is an element of plausibility to it.

For example, it would clear up something I found strange in Craig's Colbert appearance, namely his excitement to get going. That initially struck me as odd given the film is two years away. It also clears up his inconsistent morning remarks about personal decisions and what not. This may explain some of the holdup as he came to terms with the time commitment.

Still, I hope it isn't true. Oh, and the rumoured Logan direction would be a real bummer too, as I've mentioned previously. I didn't think too highly of that film (a bit too melodramatic for my tastes to say the least, and I wasn't that invested in what happened to him, further exacerbating the discomfort).
    007Blofeld wrote: »

It's from nearly two years back, so who knows. Could've started out as nothing but a rumor that eventually became credible, or perhaps they were right from the get go, and it's been the (hopeful) plan ever since.
    @jake24 I think we need another insider not that I don't trust quantum I just it would be good to have another opinion we should get Baz in on this to know what's going on here with director shooting schedule and potential back to back bond film thing. Who knows baz best to ask baz some questions?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    "Harder take" Yes please!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24 I think we need another insider not that I don't trust quantum I just it would be good to have another opinion we should get Baz in on this to know what's going on here with director shooting schedule and potential back to back bond film thing. Who knows baz best to ask baz some questions?
    Good idea, I'll ask him via Twitter.
  • Before accepting the notion Eon (secretly or whatever) is going to do two movies back to back, I'd like to know who the distributor is. Eon doesn't finance the movies itself. MGM doesn't have the resources to distribute the movie or movies. So until we have a confirmed distributor, color me skeptical.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lol EoN aren't doing 2 films back to back. Let's not get silly.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,165
    If that insider info bears fruit, could it be possible the distributor they selected required a two-picture commitment by Craig? I doubt any self-respecting company wants to get themselves into a Sony situation.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Good idea, I'll ask him via Twitter.

@jake24 Thanks ;)
  • Minion wrote: »
    If that insider info bears fruit, could it be possible the distributor they selected required a two-picture commitment by Craig? I doubt any self-respecting company wants to get themselves into a Sony situation.

I'd like to know who the distributor is before accepting the idea. Until a distributor is on board, there is nobody to finance the pay checks involved. MGM can co-finance a Bond movie but not distribute it. You need a distributor to co-finance it and pay for the marketing.
  • Addendum: Maybe that distribution deal is in place. (Having a release date suggests that's a possibility.) But until we *know* who the distributor is, I'm not going to get excited about the exotic theories being voiced in this thread.