No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2017 Posts: 7,526
    Yeah but white-tie the formality, as in a step up from black-tie; tails, top hat, etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tie
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Ah yes... Definitely.
    I have a theory that DC's return was partly dependent on Blofeld not coming back for B25.

I think he wants to do a standalone and was waiting to see what P&W came up with.
    Cool.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    GetCarter wrote: »
    I have a theory that DC's return was partly dependent on Blofeld not coming back for B25.

I think he wants to do a standalone and was waiting to see what P&W came up with.

That makes no sense to the DC era thus far; in SP, they connect all his films together, and now, with DC's last adventure, they go standalone???

i wouldn't bet on that !
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 386
    Yeah I dunno, I just think that all the creative principals would know precisely how bad they managed the Quantum / Spectre thing in SP and would be happy to be done with it.

I genuinely think DC thought he was done after that movie and P&W were commissioned to write something for a new guy. Like it or not, they are the resident writers.

As the conversation turned to new possibilities, DC wanted back in.

Something he said recently struck a chord - that he was "lucky" to be back.

I think EON were looking at re-casting. That DC had called it a day.

His tone recently suggests a change of heart somewhere along the line. An agreement by all parties that it IS indeed possible to "reset" with DC for B25.

That means re-launching on the ideas generated with another Bond on mind. No Waltz. No seydoux.

My prediction is we'll get a fresh new mission with a truly old-school style villain. The producers will go all out on a lair and, under a new director, DC will get to show the personality he displayed in CR.

When you think about it, this is the best creative route for EON to take.

The general public certainly won't give too hoots whether Blofeld returns. They, along with EON, just want a rousing Bond flick.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @GetCarter, those are interesting thoughts.

If this the way they end up going I can't deny that I would have strongly preferred a new actor in the saddle, especially since the new film is expected 2+ years out. That way the page could truly be turned. Moreover, a 'back to basics' grounded 'classic' film would be a good way for a new actor to start off, especially given tenures tend to get more fantastical as they progress. Moore was an exception with FYEO, but he did two more after that which made it worthwhile. If he had exited after FYEO, I think it would have been more difficult for a new man to have established himself.

Hopefully Yann Demange is able to give us something special. As long as it's not a Logan-esque finale to accomodate Craig I can live with it. If it ends up going that route, I'll suck it up while anxiously anticipating the B26 reset.

Given Craig is back, I'd prefer if they bring Blofeld back and wrap up their little connected story. No matter what he tries, It will cling to him so he might as well go all-in and try to clean it up since he's agreed to come back.
    All fair points Bondjames, and you touched on an element that further supports my theory.

EON announced a rather late place holder for B25, prompting more than a little confusion on here. Why such a big gap if DC was returning?

Well, maybe he wasn't. Perhaps the extra time was a reflection on the onerous task of finding someone new.

Perhaps DC's decision to return was more recent than we think. We all know how BB feels about him and, more importantly, how poor the list of alternatives is.

Why not accommodate his late call?

DC saw what was cooking and felt he could commit, physically and mentally, to a clean slate movie.

And just on one if your earlier points, Bondjames, I think you could just as easily mount a case that Blofeld is done.

Bond chose life for himself in letting Blofeld live. He got to drive off with someone he cared about, leaving Blofeld for the authorities.

If he escapes prison, Silva makes that redundant.

If he pulls the puppet strings from prison, why reveal him in SP?

No, I think the Waltz version is done.
  • I have no idea who this blogger is or the past accurate items he claims at the start, Presenting for entertainment value only.

https://juicy-james-bond.tumblr.com/post/164570033028/new-bond-25-details-revealed-director-hired

Highlights: Villeneuve wanted the job but couldn't make it work because of his Dune commitments. Demange has the job. Hardy met with Eon but wasn't screentested, may have been something to get Craig to commit.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @AlexanderWaverly, I like the harder-edge take that is rumoured to be on the table. I don't like the idea of working with a single mother aspect (makes it sound like this a road-pic thriller)!

I suppose we'll learn what's to unravel soon enough.

I would rather have DC wrap up his connected storylines in a hard-boiled thriller, than have his first stand-alone mission as his last film.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    001 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Not a flattering look for DC compared to the other bonds.

Besides all the other comments, the Bonds have the wrong style of tux bow tie.
    Yep. Bond never wears winged collar shirts. Not with tuxedos anyway.

The only time he wore a winged collar shirt was in LTK at Felix's wedding.

What's a winged collar?
    001 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Not a flattering look for DC compared to the other bonds.

Besides all the other comments, the Bonds have the wrong style of tux bow tie.
    Yep. Bond never wears winged collar shirts. Not with tuxedos anyway.

The only time he wore a winged collar shirt was in LTK at Felix's wedding.

What's a winged collar?

bow-wing-3.jpg
    That's a winged collar.

paulstuart_22_combo.jpg
    Bond wears it turndown. That's a turndown collar.
    Imdb.com has a:
    Poll: Best 'James Bond' Director
    but only votes from registered or logged in users count towards the total.

http://www.imdb.com/poll/qJE5j9sIMqI/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=3194153242&pf_rd_r=0SRMDJX0A76W28AT9521&pf_rd_s=center-23&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_poll_sm

Look who's number 2. Nooooooo
    Sam Mendes, second best Bond director? What's the world come to?
    I just voted for Terence Young.
    Dennison wrote: »
    I just voted for Terence Young.
    Ditto.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2017 Posts: 10,512
    Apparently B25 is going into production May '18.
    RC7 wrote: »

That makes sense.

Sensational! :D

Looking to become the longest production schedule of any Bond film.

No, it's about right for pre-production to start early summer for principle photography to start late 2018 and start of 2019.

ColonelSun wrote: »

No, it's about right for pre-production to start early summer for principle photography to start late 2018 and start of 2019.

He said production (not pre-production) was starting in May. Which prompted my comment. Please read before quoting and posting.
  • Dennison wrote: »

One other possibility: A longer than normal (by Eon standards) for post-production. Do 6-7 months of filming, which takes you to end of 2018, start of 2019 and then longer post production before release date.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Anyone know what Craig is committed to next? Is his 2018 schedule busy?

He said production (not pre-production) was starting in May. Which prompted my comment. Please read before quoting and posting.

If they were filming by May, they would be hitting pre-production before this Xmas, in a matter of a couple of months, and crewing up now.

One other possibility: A longer than normal (by Eon standards) for post-production. Do 6-7 months of filming, which takes you to end of 2018, start of 2019 and then longer post production before release date.

True, but given DC's comments about wrist-slashing due to the struggles of filming a Bond film, and his knee injury on Spectre I suspect they're extending the shooting schedule from what is normal.

True, but given DC's comments about wrist-slashing due to the struggles of filming a Bond film, and his knee injury on Spectre I suspect they're extending the shooting schedule from what is normal.

The release date for Bond 25 is November 2019, as per the Bond's since GE. The pre-production has started May/June for each of those films - a bit later with TND if I remember correctly - and shooting has commenced, on average, 5-6 months later. They won't extend the shooting by months (adding millions to their budget) because Craig got injured last time.

The release date for Bond 25 is November 2019, as per the Bond's since GE. The pre-production has started May/June for each of those films - a bit later with TND if I remember correctly - and shooting has commenced, on average, 5-6 months later. They won't extend the shooting by months (adding millions to their budget) because Craig got injured last time.

You have no idea mate.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Define production?

You have no idea mate.

Hmm, you are aware of my profession? I think you're the one with no idea, mate.