Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You know what I'd enjoy seeing again is another 'Burnout' title. I believe some of the old developers recently released a version of it that solely focused on its Crash game mode, but I heard it was pretty lackluster and not worth the money. Those games were always a blast. Flatout was goofy fun, too - not remotely a racing simulator of any sort, but I did love the physics and comedy of it all.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Since they went all about street racing, I haven't cared for the NFS series. I would like to see the series go back to the style of NFS: Hot Pursuit 2.
    There was one of the NFS 'Underground' titles I remember playing many years back on the PSP, that one was a lot of fun.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'd love getting into more racing games, but I've always found a harsh divide between them being mind-numbingly easy to being controller-smashingly impossible. Like the difficulty jump isn't as gradual as it should be. For instance, I used to love 'Forza Motorsport.' But if you play them on an easier difficulty, it's laughably easy - it turns into a casual cruising game as you outlap the AI three or four times in one race. But then you tweak the custom difficulty by increasing/decreasing a few things, and you're required to be at the top of your game with each turn, lest you fail and have to restart.

@Creasy47, I've never been a racing guy, but if I was I prefer balls to the walls gameplay with crashing obstacles and all that than grounded driving which can be boring. If I wanted to do the latter I'd take the car out myself and cruise on a side road. So I prefer Need For Speed over Turismo, basically.

Which is why EON need to get a dev team to make a Bond battle car game that we've talked about in the past where you fight or race in all the gadget cars of the Bond series on tracks inspired by all the films. Unless they totally don't want to drown in money. If that is the case, they should avoid it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Doom

Not the newest one, I still haven't played that. No, I mean the original, the one that will never be surpassed.
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    edited October 2018 Posts: 77
    GoldenEye Wii, with many of my friends on Discord.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    Since they went all about street racing, I haven't cared for the NFS series. I would like to see the series go back to the style of NFS: Hot Pursuit 2.

Yeah I know everyone wants Underground 3 but I much preferred Hot Pursuit and the Most Wanted games. The whole street racing/tuner scene isn't my sort of thing. I prefer Fast and Furious Five to the first three, basically. The last couple of games have felt a bit rushed to me. Rivals just felt like a smaller less impressive version of the Most Wanted reboot and the last one was pretty bad, mostly because of the always online stuff. New one looks okay but I don't want to get my hopes up. Still not sure if I'm going to buy it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Regarding the Need For Speed games, I do wish we get entries like whatever came before the first reboot (Underground). To me, the true NFS games will always be the first six installments. The rest are just Fast and Furious clones.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Yeah I know everyone wants Underground 3 but I much preferred Hot Pursuit and the Most Wanted games. The whole street racing/tuner scene isn't my sort of thing. I prefer Fast and Furious Five to the first three, basically. The last couple of games have felt a bit rushed to me. Rivals just felt like a smaller less impressive version of the Most Wanted reboot and the last one was pretty bad, mostly because of the always online stuff. New one looks okay but I don't want to get my hopes up. Still not sure if I'm going to buy it.

It does look like a change of style for the series.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Mad Max
    hqdefault.jpg

This is one that I'm taking my time to get through, as I have yet to beat it. I tend to play for a few hours at a time and then take a break to play other games before getting back to this one. A great game but I just seem to always be more into other games.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS:

Recently, I found myself hyped about the franchise and decided to give it a go. It's been a while since I've played this. I watched the 1983 film first, starring Al Pacino as the infamous Tony Montana, the titular character. I don't quite know what's gotten to me exactly, but - while I liked the film the first time - I watched it with a whole new perspective than my previous viewing and it seemed like... a masterpiece. A film that deserves every praise it gets. An amazing cast, outstanding script, and helluva of direction by Brian De Palma. There's a reason for why he made such a name for himself.

Anyways, the video game adaptation...

It's not exactly an adaptation but rather a quasi-sequel to the first, picking up exactly from the last scene where Montana's mansion is under siege. Altering the ending from the film, as the player character, Montana spots The Skull, his would-be assassin with shades and a shotgun, kills him as well as a whole lot of goons, and escapes the mansion, albeit losing all of his possessions and the whole criminal empire he built during the events of the film. Seeking revenge from Alejandro Sosa, who was the one to order the hit on him, Montana returns to Miami with the intent to rebuild his empire and reclaim what was his, three months after the shootout at his mansion.

KVjiRDl.png

The game is an open-world third-person shooter with driving elements not too different from the Grand Theft Auto series, also introducing some originality in its title hence the positive reviews it had received. However, it is more similar to EA's The Godfather efforts rather than the GTAs. You're able to make deals in the vein of "golf swing" bars, whether it is to sell white gold (drugs), or purchase it, intimidate gang members (as long as the bar is in the right place) and launder money at banks (and save the game in the process). While it is a fictitious map of Miami, they got some of the places and locations accurately depicted in the game that mirrors the sets from the film you'd applaud the developers for how faithful it remains to the source material.

As it is an "alternate universe sequel", Montana takes the law in his own hands, pursuing background characters that are only mentioned in the film, like Gaspar Gomez and the Diaz Brothers, being the initial enemies who are in the same turf contests as Tony Montana, taking over local businesses from kingpins like Nacho Contreras (only seen briefly in the film at the Babylon Club), fighting their gangs and eliminating them to secure your own business properties from them. Alongside Miami, there are the Caribbean Islands as well where you have to make deals and battle with pirates as well who try and rob Montana throughout the travels or simply kill him due to his influence.

PPh6TPo.png

Overall, a great-paced game with a fairly long enough storyline, but at times very unfair, especially with the police who arrive in the middle of a turf war between gangs and botch the player character's efforts to seize it, or during drugs distribution and collecting the cuts, the game notifies you that there's an attack from a gang on one of your properties that's right at the other side of the town. No matter how many henchmen you set there to protect it, they're useless and only buy time for you to get there. If you don't succeed, the rival gangs will damage the place, costing you money and whatnot. Very unfairly occurring at times, more so as you progress further in the game.

I still haven't finished it, but I'm getting there. One more reputation increase, and the game will come to a full circle.
    I never played that 'Scarface' game, but it looks similar to some random 'Godfather' game (surprisingly fun) I played on the Xbox 360.
    I never played that 'Scarface' game, but it looks similar to some random 'Godfather' game (surprisingly fun) I played on the Xbox 360.
    It's worth playing, @Creasy47, if you love the film, that is. Definitely a fun game and I dare say better than The Godfather titles.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've never played The Godfather 2, but I have both Scarface and The Godfather: Blackhand Edition on the Wii and I love both. Scarface translated far better than The Godfather, in my opnion, but both are entertaining to me.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    If money allows. I'll pick up the new Madden soon.
    I've never played The Godfather 2, but I have both Scarface and The Godfather: Blackhand Edition on the Wii and I love both. Scarface translated far better than The Godfather, in my opnion, but both are entertaining to me.
    Same here. I also played Godfather 2, though.
    Mad Max
    hqdefault.jpg

This is one that I'm taking my time to get through, as I have yet to beat it. I tend to play for a few hours at a time and then take a break to play other games before getting back to this one. A great game but I just seem to always be more into other games.

I've actually just ordered a copy of that today. Last night I watched The Rageholic's 2hr game play video, and thought it looked like a fun game. The combat looks similar to that of Batman Arkham Asylum/City.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mad Max
    hqdefault.jpg

Nice, @QsAssistant! I'm a big Mad Max fan and got the game on a great PSN sale last year; loved every second of it.

If you appreciate the world that Miller and his team crafted for the big screen, the game really takes on a greater importance besides being a fun beat 'em up, battle car game and exploration simulator. I think it's a bit on the short side in some ways but as a fan, I was so beyond taken aback by it. The writers nailed the world of Max and the man's own fight to keep his humanity while finding a new set of survivors to keep tradition with all his film adventures. It's one of those games where I often let the story rest and just went exploring the mad wasteland for hours, cleaning out camps, mowing down convoys of cars and exploring the vast and dying world painted for me.

I'd love to see a sequel for the game, as I think so much great stuff in the initial game could be improved and made even better. Imagine an even more cinematic game that allowed you to control Max in the car and that allowed you to transition to the hood of the speeding car to jump on large convoys to fight car to car to get to the big boss at the back of the giant rig in the front of the pack? They could do so many crazy things with current-gen tech.
    Mad Max
    hqdefault.jpg

I've actually just ordered a copy of that today. Last night I watched The Rageholic's 2hr game play video, and thought it looked like a fun game. The combat looks similar to that of Batman Arkham Asylum/City.

Great choice, @MajorDSmythe, and let me know what you think. If you like Mad Max and that world, I think you'll really enjoy it. I know the side of you that likes horror films and certain elements of the bizarre in your entertainment will also appreciate some of the colorful and disturbing characters and environments of the game that quickly become creepy and haunting.
    I have played a little of it, and.... how did this game escape my attention until now? Driving, car customization, brawling (not quite as fluid as the Arkham games), scavenging, exploring... all in a gorgeous looking post apocalyptic world. I'm going to enjoy putting more hours into this game.
    I have played a little of it, and.... how did this game escape my attention until now? Driving, car customization, brawling (not quite as fluid as the Arkham games), scavenging, exploring... all in a gorgeous looking post apocalyptic world. I'm going to enjoy putting more hours into this game.

Glad to hear you like it, @MajorDSmythe. It's a beautifully created world, and I have enough gigabytes of saved pictures I took while playing through it to equal one decently sized full length game. You'll be driving along and find the insatiable desire to stop everything and take a picture.

The story can be quite short if you jump mission to mission, so my main suggestion to you would be to really soak up the content outside of the story as much as you can, not only for experiencing the world but also for leveling up Max and his car sufficiently. By cleaning out camps, collecting scrap and all the rest you'll be able to improve your fighting and driving, which will be quite important for later in the game as more difficult enemies rise to face you.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, gigabytes? I'm not nit-picking with terminology, just genuinely curious if you did mean that and not megabytes. I easily have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of screenshots from GTA V, Elder Scrolls, etc. and don't think I ever went past a single gigabyte, thankfully, so if so, you were quite the photographer while playing!

A good tip I'm sure any of you who own a PS4 and save videos know, is to always cut them down after you save them. I know there are different save parameters, so mine is set up to record the previous ten minutes any time I hit it. However, usually I'm only attempting to record some cool moment that lasts a few seconds, so when I do heavily trim it, it takes it from 550 MB or so down to just a few, which really saves on storage space in the long run.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    uncharted-lost-legacy-ps4-cover.jpg

I only got to play for about a couple of hours last night but so far it's good. For the most part the gameplay is the same as the other Uncharted games. Which for the time being is a good thing, but if they don't change it up for future installments it could start to become redundant. I like that Naughty Dog did the right thing and left Nathan out of the game. They could've continued to use him until they dragged him into the ground but they didn't. They actually seem like they care about their properties. I'm looking forward to getting off work and continuing the story. The game is cheaper than the other installments, so I wonder if that means it's a shorter game?
    @QsAssistant, I don't really know anything about the game, but it sounds like it's an average of 9-10 hours to complete the game. Also sounds like it may be open world? That'll help artificially lengthen the playtime, too, depending on how much you explore (or don't). Same thing with 'Mass Effect: Andromeda,' which I didn't care for.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, gigabytes? I'm not nit-picking with terminology, just genuinely curious if you did mean that and not megabytes. I easily have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of screenshots from GTA V, Elder Scrolls, etc. and don't think I ever went past a single gigabyte, thankfully, so if so, you were quite the photographer while playing!

A good tip I'm sure any of you who own a PS4 and save videos know, is to always cut them down after you save them. I know there are different save parameters, so mine is set up to record the previous ten minutes any time I hit it. However, usually I'm only attempting to record some cool moment that lasts a few seconds, so when I do heavily trim it, it takes it from 550 MB or so down to just a few, which really saves on storage space in the long run.

@Creasy47, no, I've got quite a lot of GBs of photos. Just my pictures for Mad Max and Uncharted 4 alone are ridiculous, adding Witcher on to that. I don't know the exact amount, I'll have to check. And the system is also throwing in some recorded stuff, so the number would skew a bit.
    I'm in the middle of at least five games, but the two newest are Agents of Mayhem, basically Saints Row 5 and Uncharted 4 : The Lost Legacy.

@Creasy47, no, I've got quite a lot of GBs of photos. Just my pictures for Mad Max and Uncharted 4 alone are ridiculous, adding Witcher on to that. I don't know the exact amount, I'll have to check. And the system is also throwing in some recorded stuff, so the number would skew a bit.

That latter part is definitely why then. If you had a few GB's of photos amassed, that would've meant you had a few thousand saved, at least.

That latter part is definitely why then. If you had a few GB's of photos amassed, that would've meant you had a few thousand saved, at least.

I've definitely crossed into thousands territory. I'd have even more, but the ones I had from Arkham Knight accidentally got deleted. I think I have a problem, but that's the artist in me. And games shouldn't have such great photo capturing features now to distract me. It's not my problem, it's theirs.

I've definitely crossed into thousands territory. I'd have even more, but the ones I had from Arkham Knight accidentally got deleted. I think I have a problem, but that's the artist in me. And games shouldn't have such great photo capturing features now to distract me. It's not my problem, it's theirs.

That's my issue, I've saved thousands from so many different games, it's insane. I have to transfer them over to my computer some day so I can wipe them all and clear up some more space. Same with uploading my clips so I can delete those, too.

I have a three-minute clip from a certain section in 'The Last Of Us' that was so cinematic to me, even though I had full control. Would love to get that uploaded on here.
    GTA V PC.

GTAV-Flash-Gamers.jpg

Is this the greatest PC game ever made ?

If not what is ?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Pokemon Emerald, planning to play Quantum of Solace again soon.