Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Over 41 hours! That's how long it took me to finally finish Prey. I got the best ending on my first try, and it was a great ending!

Would you recommend it, then? Almost nabbed it day one but some reviews had me hesitant on that, so I figured I would wait for a price drop.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Elder Scrolls Online

My friend and I decided to start this game up again. While it has nothing on the actual Elder Scrolls series it still has it's fun moments. I'm just not much of an MMO gamer but I do really love the Elder Scrolls universe, so I can make an exception.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Metal Gear

The 1987 original, through the HD Collection. This game is 30 years old now. The series has changed so much, and yet the core elements remain, and still remain strong. This is still the hardest game in the franchise to keep stealthy.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Over 41 hours! That's how long it took me to finally finish Prey. I got the best ending on my first try, and it was a great ending!

Would you recommend it, then? Almost nabbed it day one but some reviews had me hesitant on that, so I figured I would wait for a price drop.

@Creasy47 The main complaints I've heard about Prey are that it's too similar to Bioshock, or that the combat is clunky. The combat is only a bit clunky for the first few hours, but as you get more weapons and upgrade your abilities with "Neromods," things improve drastically. I suspect this complaint comes from people who didn't bother to stick with the game long enough. As far as similarities to Bioshock are concerned, I would recommend Prey if you're like me and you've never played Bioshock, or if you're such a big fan of Bioshock that you'd like to see the exact same thing again, but in space. I'm familiar enough with the series to see that the game does borrow heavily from it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    Update: Civilization 2
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Gta vice city. Annoying as hell. But if I could play this thing through when I was seventeen, I must pull it through. Sad that some songs are missing.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Gta vice city. Annoying as hell. But if I could play this thing through when I was seventeen, I must pull it through. Sad that some songs are missing.

I believe all the remasters are missing songs. I bought San Andreas on disk for the PS3 but there's so much that is off with the port that I'd rather just play the original.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I don't really do games, but I did have a go on a xbox game the other day. Grand Theft Auto five. I was very impressed with it, in fact I found myself playing it (by that I mean just roaming across the city and countryside committing random acts of violence!). Once I'd gotten the hang of the controls it was even better. I did find that by going off road into the hills, the police usually don't follow. I say usually because I got shot to bits by a helicopter a few times.

@Creasy47 The main complaints I've heard about Prey are that it's too similar to Bioshock, or that the combat is clunky. The combat is only a bit clunky for the first few hours, but as you get more weapons and upgrade your abilities with "Neromods," things improve drastically. I suspect this complaint comes from people who didn't bother to stick with the game long enough. As far as similarities to Bioshock are concerned, I would recommend Prey if you're like me and you've never played Bioshock, or if you're such a big fan of Bioshock that you'd like to see the exact same thing again, but in space. I'm familiar enough with the series to see that the game does borrow heavily from it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Funnily enough, I went through the 'Bioshock Collection' many months back and had a complete blast for the month or so it took me to get through all three 100%. Had only ever had the pleasure of playing the first one, so I was glad the opportunity presented itself. I think a game feeling like 'Bioshock', if done right, certainly isn't a bad thing. Like I mentioned previously, I'll give it a go once it's on sale and will post my thoughts accordingly.

@SharkBait, what's giving you trouble on it? I'm curious to hear since I got the Platinum on it about two weeks ago, so I want to see if the problems you and I had are one and the same.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Went back to basics and played the original GTA and GTA2. GTA2 is still the best of the line up. Love the radio stations as well.

Great stuff!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hitman (2016)
    Finished the story, Hokkaido was ok (Colorado was a real ball ache, not looking foward to going back there), but my favourite locations were still Paris & Sapienza. I went back to Paris and played through a number of challenges. The last one I completed was the one involving the fireworks (setting the fireworks off, waiting for both targets to come and watch the display, then killing both within 10 seconds of one another). Perched high up on a vantage point, in a dinner jacket, with a high powered rifle... made me feel like I was Bond from TLD/LTK.

Hitman (2016)
    Finished the story, Hokkaido was ok (Colorado was a real ball ache, not looking foward to going back there), but my favourite locations were still Paris & Sapienza. I went back to Paris and played through a number of challenges. The last one I completed was the one involving the fireworks (setting the fireworks off, waiting for both targets to come and watch the display, then killing both within 10 seconds of one another). Perched high up on a vantage point, in a dinner jacket, with a high powered rifle... made me feel like I was Bond from TLD/LTK.

That method is damn good fun. You want to make things a little harder, get Mastery Level 5 on any level and you unlock Professional Difficulty: makes you weaker, enemies are more alert, accurate, and deadly, it adds a ton of guards and cameras, you get one manual save, AND it completely switches around the locations of any remotely key items.

It's the only way I play the levels now.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have unlocked Professional on 3 (mabye 4) locations. I was going to wait until I have the layout of each location burned in my mind, before attempting. But seeing as how that setting moves key items around, I might just try that setting next time I am playing it.
    I have unlocked Professional on 3 (mabye 4) locations. I was going to wait until I have the layout of each location burned in my mind, before attempting. But seeing as how that setting moves key items around, I might just try that setting next time I am playing it.

I've found the earlier you start with Professional, the better. Hell, I think I'd be even more lost returning to the locations on Normal difficulty now since I'm so used to where everything is when playing on Professional. It's all shifted down and actually really well hidden to the point that some key items will blend in if you aren't paying attention.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hitman (2016)

That method is damn good fun. You want to make things a little harder, get Mastery Level 5 on any level and you unlock Professional Difficulty: makes you weaker, enemies are more alert, accurate, and deadly, it adds a ton of guards and cameras, you get one manual save, AND it completely switches around the locations of any remotely key items.

It's the only way I play the levels now.

Much respect there, @Creasy47.
    Played Superhot on the day it released for PS4. A very intriguing game, and oddly stressful.
    Destiny 2 - Beta

Only had time to checkout the story portion of the beta. It wasn't bad but it wasn't outstanding. I can see me picking it up one day.
    Destiny 2 - Beta

Only had time to checkout the story portion of the beta. It wasn't bad but it wasn't outstanding. I can see me picking it up one day.

If the first one is a learning lesson, be patient for 12-18 months and you'll get a fully patched game + all the DLC for well over 50% off.

They fooled me once with the first game, wasn't even going to waste my time with the beta.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Alias (2004)

OuqQljZ.png

First time playing this, only because I finished the TV series this video game is based on. Now, while the story looks to be professionally written and all but... Good Lord, the game itself is unplayable, especially because of its unstable and inflexible gameplay with limited physics and godawful controls.

While it uses many techniques we've seen in James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, the game's presentation and development lack a certain vision, ruining a potentially great story all due to the lazy entity of its gameplay, essentially a third person tactical game with minor elements of shooting and hand to hand combat fights, climbing, hacking and whatnot.

An aim/target lock on the enemy AI is nonexistent, which makes the game itself all the harder to play, alongside automatically picked godawful camera angles that the system chooses for you, only to spark confusion on your part.

I've only finished the first level so far, and will continue to play for the love of Alias itself. Other than that, all I could say is that it's full of lazy content with limited creativity. Its only pleasure is seeing the cast from the television series making their respective appearances, from Jennifer Garner (Sydney Bristow) and Michael Vartan (Agent Vaughn) to the rest of them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just started playing RIME on Xbox One it's not challenging by any stretch though it is visually stunning, also picked up Watchdogs never come across the game previously good fun.
    Played Goldeneye N64 multiplayer over at a friend's house. I brought my N64 over and we hooked it up to his big-screen with surround sound. It was glorious, and the legendary soundtrack was amazing in surround sound. Every GE fan should experience it this way at least once.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Played Goldeneye N64 multiplayer over at a friend's house. I brought my N64 over and we hooked it up to his big-screen with surround sound. It was glorious, and the legendary soundtrack was amazing in surround sound. Every GE fan should experience it this way at least once.

I remember playing Goldeneye first time round and bought the suped up version great game.
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Remastered
    b062e7be-1a68-4b47-aa1b-998c1b0eb8ba.png

With the new season of Game of Thrones started I've been in a fantasy genre mood. Naturally I go for one of the greatest video game franchises of all time, The Elder Scrolls. Skyrim came out in November of 2011 and here it is July of 2017 and it's still a game that I play. Because of that I could argue that it's the best game ever made.
    I'm not big on fantasy at all but I loved Skyrim. Been debating getting the remake ever since it came out, how is it @QsAssistant? Worth the upgrade? I know it has mods this time and I've seen lots of stuff on youtube that makes that look like fun.
    @thelivingroyale Me being the fan that I am of The Elder Scrolls series, I say get it! The mods help keep the game interesting. However, I think the mods only work on the XBOX One and not the PS4. Without the mods it's still the same game as before but it looks amazing. If you haven't already you should checkout some videos on YouTube to see the difference from the original to the remastered.
    I found a quick comparison one for you for the XBOX.
    The graphical difference between the original 'Skyrim' and the Remastered Edition isn't terribly noticable, but that same addictive, fun gameplay is totally unchanged and just as refreshing to return to after a few years. Managed to nab 100% of the trophies this time, too (hitting Level 80+ to make that Legendary Dragon spawn was a pain in the ass).
    I'd have to disagree with you about the change in graphics. At least in the environment and characters. I haven't taken a close look at the armor or weapons to say if are improved. I remember running around in the remastered edition and noticing the sunlight coming through the trees. It's a minor thing but also a major thing in terms of graphics. Everything just looks sharper and it makes the world of Skyrim feel more natural and alive.
    I'm hoping we will get a remastered edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion while we're waiting on The Elder Scrolls VI to be released. I doubt we will but it would be awesome.
    I'd have to disagree with you about the change in graphics. At least in the environment and characters. I haven't taken a close look at the armor or weapons to say if are improved. I remember running around in the remastered edition and noticing the sunlight coming through the trees. It's a minor thing but also a major thing in terms of graphics. Everything just looks sharper and it makes the world of Skyrim feel more natural and alive.
    I'm hoping we will get a remastered edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion while we're waiting on The Elder Scrolls VI to be released. I doubt we will but it would be awesome.

Perhaps it's because I hadn't played nor set sight on the original version in several years. A side-by-side comparison likely would've made it more noticeable on my end.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I've only just have the chance to play Uncharted 4 now, so long after it came out. After Uncharted 3 stuck a little *too* close to the formula, I was pleased with Uncharted 4, though the villains weren't all that compelling and the idea of The Lost Legacy involving Nadine Ross doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'll only leave this one thing in spoilers (though, honestly, everybody on the planet but me played it when it was new, you people with money I don't have):
    The sword fight at the end was not in any way fun. It was a pain in the ass with semi-unresponsive dodging. Couple that with the fact that Rafe just was not
    an interesting villain, and the final boss fight was honestly the worst part of the game.

A great cap the series, honestly, though I think they did their best to leave it open-ended about whether or not the series will continue with Sam Drake as opposed to Nathan. I can't say I'd be opposed to that.
    That last bit was incredibly irritating for me, too @Agent007391. Bad way to end an amazing game.