Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not ungrateful that the game has happened. An AAA Friday The 13th game could have been made before now (and I don't mean the 1985 or 1989 games). I say it time and time again, but Capcom's 'Haunting Ground' is what I have in mind. The protagonist of the story, Fiona, isn't Jill Valentine, she has no special forces skills. The antagonist for most of the story is a hulking brute named Debilitas, is constantly searching for the player. The only way to avoid him, is to run and hide until he has left the area. That would be a good starting point for a single player game.

If there was one are of the game that they knocked it out of the park, is the various skins of Jason. Pts 2,3 & 6 look a little odd, because we know it is Kane providing the mo-cap for the Jasons that he wasn't in the respective films. But 7 and JGTH are spot on, it's like watching a deleted scene from those films.

@MajorDSmythe, it's definitely cool to see the idea realized finally, and to see that fans appreciate it. I'm still waiting for a DLC skin for Jason X with a signature kill that allows him to zip the counselors into a sleeping bag before banging them off a tree. ;)

This game has kind of made me want to see the same team do their magic with a Halloween game of similar conception. Have different maps condensed to a few blocks of Haddonfield with a set of players being some random teens and one player being Michael, with his own set of powers. There could be ways to call in "special characters" like Loomis to help fight Michael the way you can Tommy Jarvis in this game, and all the rest. Michael could maybe only harness his power through a lot of time in shadows, and so the player taking control of him would have to build up that time to truly cause damage (they'd also be hampered by slow walking or other hang-ups). All the player characters in the role of teens could have the job of helping to protect Laurie Strode, who has a set bar of health for the match. The only way to end the match is if the teens and Laurie find a way to kill Michael, or if Michael ends up killing Laurie.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @mattjoes - I remember Turok 2 on the N64. That Cerebral Bore was brutal.

Sniper Elite 4
    I didn't get around to the previous game, so I am going from Sniper Elite v2 to this one. The missions are not only non linear, but bigger. It took me 1hr 58 mins to complete mission 3, Regilino Viaduct. I could have rushed through it and shaved off a lot of that time. But why rush? That's not the point of these games. I made full use of the now perfected mechanics, soaking up the tense atmosphere.
    Having set up my PSN account, and taken advantage of the 14 day trail, i've looked in on the multiplayer lobby, and there is no shortage of games to join. I'm going to finish off the singleplayer campaign first, earning more/all of the upgrades, then tackle multiplayer.

I've heard a lot of people saying they can spend several hours on just one level, which I love the idea of. 'Hitman' is the same way most of the time, really helps pad the replayability. Going to have to get around to this one at some point.

As for 'Ghost Recon: Wildlands,' it looked buggy/glitchy as hell, and didn't seem to introduce anything remotely unique or interesting for me to justify a purchase. I played 'The Division,' and this just looks to be more of the same with a new setting. I feel like once you've played one or two Ubisoft titles, you've played them all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, the Wildlands game initially looked good to me, but one of the things I dislike about Ubisoft is how they announce their multiplayer games at live events with players who are really putting on a performance in levels that've been designed to make them succeed in their goals. The Division's reveal was that way, where a bunch of over-excited Ubi employees completed a very scripted section of gameplay for the audience and made it look so easy, assuring you that you and your friends could do everything they could in the game. The Wildlands demos were the same, and just as cringe-worthy and impossibly choreographed for the team's epic success on the operation depicted.

Now of course publishers have to make their games seem fun and exciting during press events and reveals, but the main issue I have with these kinds of multiplayer games is that when you are actually playing those games yourself none of the missions go at all well with the teams you have. On every multiplayer game I've gone into with a mission structure, like GTA Online for example, there's always that really shitty player (or players) that keeps dying and makes the mission impossible to beat if a lives system is built in. Then everyone rage quits and the time you've wasted piles up in frustration.

Around the release of Wildlands I watched some YouTubers with no ties to Ubi doing a PR promotion for the game by running through one of the levels and it went about as well as you'd expect. The team didn't have any idea what they were doing, constantly died and failed through objectives, and didn't support each other at all. It seems like a fun game to play with friends to do the worst job on purpose in the name of entertainment, but I couldn't ever imagine that you'd be able to complete the objectives successfully with a bunch of other random players in matchmaking unless you got some really good vets at the game on accident.Knowing my luck, I'd buy the game and constantly get caught with nothing but horrible players and never get anything down.

That's why the multiplayer modes I play are usually those that judge my performance on its own, and where I have to work outside a team. It's just way less frustrating and grating that way, because most people that play games aren't good at all, especially in Ubi's games that often demand you actually know what you're doing to succeed.
    I've never been very good at modern multiplayer games. Think that's why I always preferred the singleplayer to the multiplayer on COD. Plus only one of my friends actually plays video games so I don't really have a huge selection of people to play online with. I like multiplayer coop stuff like Left For Dead but I'm not very good at competitive multiplayer at all.

Titanfall is the exception. Loved that game, it felt very easy to pick up and play, not daunting like Battlefield and COD can often seem. And even if I wasn't doing very well going up against other players I could help the team by mopping up bots or calling in a titan to help even the odds. That was so much fun. I really enjoy Titanfall 2 as well but it doesn't have the same appeal to me. Titanfall 1 was ridiculously fast and the maps were really open to encourage parkour and it really felt like a big epic battle. 2 feels a bit more linear and more COD like, it feels like a multiplayer game now instead of a big sci fi battle. I seem to die a lot more as well and I've read comments online about how you just need the right loadout and stuff but I can't help feeling like it's slower. It's still a lot of fun though, just not as good as the first one imo. But it more than makes up for it with the amazing singleplayer (something the first game didn't have).
    @thelivingroyale, I can get into online gaming, but as in real life I'm just not a big team player. Any time you are saddled with other people to do a task online or offline, you must agree to put your trust or expectation-and hopes of success-in the hands of others and that's usually never a good sign for me. I like to do tasks on my own, and enjoy games that allow that kind of solo gameplay. Sometimes teams are fun if they're your mates, but that isn't the case for everyone as we both have next to no people we know who game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, it's definitely cool to see the idea realized finally, and to see that fans appreciate it. I'm still waiting for a DLC skin for Jason X with a signature kill that allows him to zip the counselors into a sleeping bag before banging them off a tree. ;)

Do you mean uber Jason? I still haven't gotten over that. Jason pre upgrade, throughout most of the film was fine. Isn't the sleeping bag kill in the game anyway? Given how Kane Hodder, who ad libbed that kill out of frustration, is actually involved in the game, I woudl be surprised if it weren't. And it is possibly the most famous kill of the series.

This game has kind of made me want to see the same team do their magic with a Halloween game of similar conception. Have different maps condensed to a few blocks of Haddonfield with a set of players being some random teens and one player being Michael, with his own set of powers. There could be ways to call in "special characters" like Loomis to help fight Michael the way you can Tommy Jarvis in this game, and all the rest. Michael could maybe only harness his power through a lot of time in shadows, and so the player taking control of him would have to build up that time to truly cause damage (they'd also be hampered by slow walking or other hang-ups). All the player characters in the role of teens could have the job of helping to protect Laurie Strode, who has a set bar of health for the match. The only way to end the match is if the teens and Laurie find a way to kill Michael, or if Michael ends up killing Laurie.

I'd like to see that as well. While Jason is all about brute strength and carnage, Myers (at least in the early films) was different. The best route to take, would be a more stealth based approach to Myers abilities.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people saying they can spend several hours on just one level, which I love the idea of. 'Hitman' is the same way most of the time, really helps pad the replayability. Going to have to get around to this one at some point.

If played as the game intends, you could very well spend hours on each level. From what I have seen of the Hitman, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Rebellion was inspired it when developing Sniper Elite 4.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    As for 'Ghost Recon: Wildlands,' it looked buggy/glitchy as hell, and didn't seem to introduce anything remotely unique or interesting for me to justify a purchase. I played 'The Division,' and this just looks to be more of the same with a new setting. I feel like once you've played one or two Ubisoft titles, you've played them all.

I suppose a game like that does depend on who you play it with. I'm still interested in buying it, if for no other reason than for the single player. If anyone else here ended up getting it, then send me a message and we could get some co-op going. I'm not into the whole "machine gun everything in sight, then machine gun some more" style of the COD games.
    @MajorDSmythe, I've yet to see a kill involving a sleeping bag and Jason hitting it off a tree, but there are so many kill animations in the game that I may've just not run into it yet. On one of the maps there are a circle of tents that you can hide it, but I've never seen a Jason player kill someone by getting the counselor player out of the tents to know what the animation looks like for that one.

I agree that a Halloween game would need to focus more on stealth gameplay. Since Carpenter called Michael "The Shape" it'd be pretty apropos if he had an ability to move at will around the map as Jason can in the Friday game as one of his main abilities. Part of me would just love to be playing as a character defending Jaimie with an armed Loomis in a creepy Haddonfield as, out of nowhere, Carpenter's score played and Michael appeared from behind us. :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, I've yet to see a kill involving a sleeping bag and Jason hitting it off a tree, but there are so many kill animations in the game that I may've just not run into it yet. On one of the maps there are a circle of tents that you can hide it, but I've never seen a Jason player kill someone by getting the counselor player out of the tents to know what the animation looks like for that one.

From the Beta (jump to 06:30):

There it is. :D
    I agree that a Halloween game would need to focus more on stealth gameplay. Since Carpenter called Michael "The Shape" it'd be pretty apropos if he had an ability to move at will around the map as Jason can in the Friday game as one of his main abilities. Part of me would just love to be playing as a character defending Jaimie with an armed Loomis in a creepy Haddonfield as, out of nowhere, Carpenter's score played and Michael appeared from behind us. :))

Picture the scene, the three of you are in a safe spot. You're feeling confident. And then the music chages to this...

Confidence: lowering. Tension: rising.
    @MajorDSmythe, that's amazing. I hope it made it into the final game. Now I remember you posting a making of video for the game showing Kane doing the movements, but for some reason I didn't recollect it.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    edited June 2017 Posts: 194
    Bridge Baron vs. the CPU.

Yes, I know.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Firewatch - PS4
    firewatch.png?itok=8QvUt-70

I just started this last night and it's not too bad so far. I haven't really gotten to the meat of the story but I was emotionally hooked from the opening lines. I'm looking forward to finishing this and I have a feeling it's not a very long one.
    Sniper Elite 4
    Mission 4: Lorino Dockyard complete, took me 2hrs and 28 seconds.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare Remastered
    COD-MW-Remaster-01-HD.png

Playstation Network has a bunch of games on sale right now. One of them is the combo pack of CoD: Infinite Warfare and CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered. I haven't been into this series since CoD: Modern Warfare 3 but I loved the first game and I like sci-fi/space stuff so I went ahead and bought it.
    I'm currently playing Modern Warfare. It's bringing back some good memories I had when playing it years ago. Graphically it looks great and the gameplay is still the same, which is a good thing. I last left off at the beginning of the third U.S. Marine level.
    I think I noticed a minor change so far. In the first level as the U.S. Marine, when you bust into the news room, at the very end of the level, Griggs is told to turn of the recording and he does but then switches it out for his own music. I think when the game was on the Xbox 360 and PS3 it was rap music with lyrics. Now it's just music with a soft beat. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I'm not sure why they changed it.
    They've left out the multiplayer which is a shame. Out of any of the CoD games, Modern Warfare had the best multiplayer. It was simple and less chaotic but rewarding and fun.
    Once I beat the story I'm jumping over to Infinite Warfare. Hopefully the story is great.
    Going back through Mass Effect: Andromeda for a second time. Felt like I rushed through the first play through and didn't experience everything that I could have. Enjoying it even more during the second playthrough.

Hopefully all of this talk about the franchise being on hold (or even worse, over) is just talk and we'll see a sequel to this game. There are plenty of ways that they could deliver a sequel while still addressing many of the complaints. Hopefully they do so.
    dalton wrote: »
    Going back through Mass Effect: Andromeda for a second time. Felt like I rushed through the first play through and didn't experience everything that I could have. Enjoying it even more during the second playthrough.

Hopefully all of this talk about the franchise being on hold (or even worse, over) is just talk and we'll see a sequel to this game. There are plenty of ways that they could deliver a sequel while still addressing many of the complaints. Hopefully they do so.

I'm still on my first play through and I bought it the day it came out. I'm no where near into this one as I was the original trilogy. I haven't played it in a couple of months but that's also because I have so many other games that I'm trying to finally get through. I'm looking forward to getting back into Andromeda. I'll probably have to start over though, so I can get the whole story through without any breaks in between.
    Agent Under Fire (Xbox)

The first game along with Grand Theft Auto III I bought for my PS2. Came into an original Xbox very cheap and decided to get this on it. Such a fun game. Activision missed an opportunity by not including similar "Bond Moment" type things in their games, which helped set the EA games apart from generic shooting games.

Hitman: Blood Money (PS3)

Love it. The remastered version looks great. A New Life is still one of my favorite levels in a game. I can't wait to check the second one's remaster out, too. Never played Contracts. Absolution was fun for what it was but I haven't completed it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Contracts is pretty good. It recreates a few missions from Hitman 1 and makes them better in my opinion.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 40,492
    I'm sure 'Ghost Recon: Wildlands' can be fun with friends - if you have enough who play it - but the same thing goes for all Ubisoft games, it does tend to get a little dull pretty quickly. 'Wildlands' seems like it's filled with the same few types of missions and extractions, which I'm sure would grow repetitive fast, as did 'The Division.' Don't even get me started on that game's PvP, some of the worst stuff I've ever seen. I thought 'GTA Online' could be toxic with the players, but it was even worse in that.

@CrzChris4, one of my favorite games! 'Silent Assassin' is a perfect gem to me, and 'Contracts' is one of my all-time favorites. I could play 'Traditions of the Trade' for hours a day as a kid and not get tired of it. I've been thinking about getting a cheap Xbox One S soon, because they lowered the price and it plays 4K, so I could use it when I inevitably get a 4K TV, and I'd love to go back and play the old 'Hitman' games if they're somehow backwards compatible on it.
    @Creasy47, my introduction to the series was sniping the guard pissing outside of the mansion at the beginning of Silent Assassin. Blood Money took what I loved about the second part and pushed it even further. I'm interested in playing Contracts and I love how it takes place immediately after the mission "Curtains Down" in Blood Money. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the newest console generation but if the new Xboxes can play them, I would definitely tell you to check out the remastered trilogy.
    Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands
    Also Batman.

And I finally had to buy Arkham Asylum and City for the PS4.

These games dont get old. No matter how many times you have played them. True Batman simulators.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - PS3. This is a great fun game, and is certainly better than the film which inspired it! Great graphics, huge playability and easy gameplay. And some truly funny cut-scenes.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Jurassic Park: The Game Having enjoyed Telltale's The Walking Dead and Back to the Future games, I gave their addition to Jurassic Park a try and, while by no means perfect, it was an entertaining side story to the first movie with plenty of mythology gags and connections to the films after the first. Not my favorite Telltale game (still season 1 of The Walking Dead), but not wasted money in my opinion.
    I have been playing Alekhine's Gun a really fun espionage game if you haven't played it I would recommend you check it out it's likely the last espionage game as far as I know there is nothing coming out this year
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    @Creasy47, my introduction to the series was sniping the guard pissing outside of the mansion at the beginning of Silent Assassin. Blood Money took what I loved about the second part and pushed it even further. I'm interested in playing Contracts and I love how it takes place immediately after the mission "Curtains Down" in Blood Money. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the newest console generation but if the new Xboxes can play them, I would definitely tell you to check out the remastered trilogy.

Great stuff! That first, opening mission in 'Silent Mission' ('Anathema') where you can snipe the guards is probably one of my Top 5 levels of the series.

I've already played the original trilogy (way back on the original Xbox/PS2/etc.) and the remastered version on the 360, and will easily check it out once again if the XB1 could manage to handle the backwards-compatible version of it (if one even exists).
    In a way, Blood Money ruined the previous games for me. It refined the formula of the series so much, that I can't bring myself to play either Silent Assassin or Contracts.
    @MajorDSmythe, I completely get that. When it comes to playing games in a series there comes a point where it's hard to play the earlier titles because the newer ones perfected so much. As much as I love the Uncharted games or the Arkham games for example it's extremely hard to go back and play the first games in those series when you've played the amazingly designed and fleshed out newer additions and must regress back to when the games had none of those advancements. You have to teach yourself all over again to do without the things the other games had, and that can be difficult depending on what games you're playing.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001):

At least once a year, I have to play this game. If anybody wondered what it would be like to have "James Bond and horror" merged into one, this would be the perfect example, albeit set in World War II rather than the sixties or the present day. Heck, it even serves as a very major inspiration for my story series.

Just as I finished watching Where Eagles Dare (1968) two nights ago, the greatest spy film ever made known to the mankind, I develop this sudden urge to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein since the first chapter (consisting of three missions) is very heavily inspired by the aforementioned film, you'd think it was one and the same.

In anyways, the game is perfect in every way I wouldn't change a thing about it. Or just add B.J. Blazkowicz a real role to play (in the PC version, he doesn't even have a line to speak other than making a few grunts) other than just serve as the player's gunman. But, this could have been all due to making homage to Wolfenstein 3D (1992) back then, and they very likely have avoided anything controversial in order not to spark negativity among whiny fanboys. Ah well.

This is one of my go-to games when I need to blow off some steam. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer mode, or as it's titled Enemy Territory. The single-player campaign is absolutely solid. It's unarguably the best installment in the franchise by a wide margin.

Due to their sheer similarities, RtCW, No One Lives Forever and Nightfire should form a trilogy in one pack. Commercial trilogy, mind you? Not chronological.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

At least once a year, I have to play this game. If anybody wondered what it would be like to have "James Bond and horror" merged into one, this would be the perfect example, albeit set in World War II rather than the sixties or the present day. Heck, it even serves as a very major inspiration for my story series.

Just as I finished watching Where Eagles Dare (1968) two nights ago, the greatest spy film ever made known to the mankind, I develop this sudden urge to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein since the first chapter (consisting of three missions) is very heavily inspired by the aforementioned film, you'd think it was one and the same.

In anyways, the game is perfect in every way I wouldn't change a thing about it. Or just add B.J. Blazkowicz a real role to play (in the PC version, he doesn't even have a line to speak other than making a few grunts) other than just serve as the player's gunman. But, this could have been all due to making homage to Wolfenstein 3D (1992) back then, and they very likely have avoided anything controversial in order not to spark negativity among whiny fanboys. Ah well.

This is one of my go-to games when I need to blow off some steam. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer mode, or as it's titled Enemy Territory. The single-player campaign is absolutely solid. It's unarguably the best installment in the franchise by a wide margin.

Due to their sheer similarities, RtCW, No One Lives Forever and Nightfire should form a trilogy in one pack. Commercial trilogy, mind you? Not chronological.

I take it you played RtCW on PC, then? Did that ever receive the extra levels added to the Xbox/PS2 version? I played the Xbox version for the first time a couple years ago and enjoyed the hell out of it. I still need to buy the more recent Wolfenstein games.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I take it you played RtCW on PC, then? Did that ever receive the extra levels added to the Xbox/PS2 version? I played the Xbox version for the first time a couple years ago and enjoyed the hell out of it. I still need to buy the more recent Wolfenstein games.
    Yes, @Agent007391. I always play the PC version. I previously have played both Tides of War and Operation Resurrection at a friend's just for the sake of that prequel mission set in Egypt. The only good side for this addition to the campaign is a few good cutscenes including a charismatic Agent One. However, story-wise, it ruins the surprise experience once at the end of the Egyptian chapter we discover they're after the supernatural stuff. In the PC version, this comes off as a surprise once you reach the catacombs level, if you previously thought you were just playing an action game set in WWII (those who aren't familiar with the franchise).

The PC version never got those Egyptian levels and nobody modded them to the port, either.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    HELP...NEED ADVICE

I'm looking to buy one of the following games for the PS4 and your input will be deeply appreciated.

Should I pick up either: Rise of the tomb raider OR Hitman Season 1?