Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Somebody must really like The Man With The Golden Gun for it to be referenced so much in Prey.
    Speaking of Prey, is it worth a buy?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Somebody must really like The Man With The Golden Gun for it to be referenced so much in Prey.
    Speaking of Prey, is it worth a buy?

@QsAssistant Absolutely! It's a fantastic game. It's a long one too. I'm about 23 hours in and I don't think I'm anywhere near done.
    I don't remember.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The original 'Prey' back on the 360 was an excellent release that blind-sided me: had it pre-ordered, seemed fun, but I wasn't ready for it to be so damn entertaining. Been waiting for a price drop on the new one, will likely try it out in the coming months. I've also had my eye on 'Dirt 4' recently, comes out next week and I've been interested in a racing installment lately, but I've never tried the series so I've no clue what to expect.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, how cool would it be to get a Bond racing game alongside regular releases, where you could drive the vehicles of the villains and heroes in a sort of battle mode race simulation around tracks inspired by the films? Drive the Lotus above and under water in a track that circles Stromberg's Atlantis, or drive Aki's Toyota on a path that snakes around Blofeld's volcano. It'd be a fun way to give a regular racing game a bit of a fun edge, and you could have modes a la Mario Kart where the cars have gadgets you can use to take out opponents to the finish line for a fun multiplayer experience.

I also think it'd be cool to see a game that did for Bond what Star Wars Battlefront did for that franchise. Levels inspired by the films with attention paid to using the appropriate music for each movie, in bits of action that are ripped from the movies, like the fight in Blofeld's volcano or around Stromberg's fortress, or Dr. No's lair and the gyspy camp from FRWL.
    Reminds me of the '007 Racing' game way back on the original PlayStation. I don't believe I ever played it myself, but a friend of mine picked it up and I watched him play for a few hours. Hell, at this point, I'll take just about any type of Bond game that ISN'T a Telltale installment or a mobile game.

A game in the same vein as 'Battlefront' would be more than welcomed, online or not. Something that'll really make the hardcore fans happy due to the attention to detail/easter eggs/etc. A man can dream.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We should learn to mod the Nightfire engine and make custom levels for it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »

We'll also need one of us to go to law school and earn a degree so that we'll have a lawyer on hand to defend us when Danjaq sues us for using their content.
    Murdock wrote: »

We'll also need one of us to go to law school and earn a degree so that we'll have a lawyer on hand to defend us when Danjaq sues us for using their content.

Mods are becoming almost second nature. It's okay to do as long as you don't profit from it.
    I wish I got into PC gaming more because then I'd have a slew of Bond games to enjoy. There isn't a single Bond title to enjoy on PS4.
    @Creasy47, I know we both live in wait of the impossible miracle that would be an HD collection of EA's Bond games for current gen.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @Creasy47, I know we both live in wait of the impossible miracle that would be an HD collection of EA's Bond games for current gen.
    If that day comes, I'll impersonate Daffy Duck's crazy howling impression and post it on YouTube.
    If that day comes, I'll impersonate Daffy Duck's crazy howling impression and post it on YouTube.

Don't tease me, I want to see that. @Creasy47 once promised to post a similar video of him screaming like a girl if Deakins was the cinematographer for SP, but as we all know, the golden opportunity was thwarted.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,423

Don't tease me, I want to see that. @Creasy47 once promised to post a similar video of him screaming like a girl if Deakins was the cinematographer for SP, but as we all know, the golden opportunity was thwarted.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, don't worry, mate. I'll keep that promise! :))

I've given up hope of a remake. But if you still have a Ps2 or Gamecube or Xbox boxed up somewhere (or if not I can't imagine a second hand one would be too much? and s good investment considering how many good games are on there) then you could get the EA games dirt cheap now. Nightfire and EON hold up particuarly well.

I've given up hope of a remake. But if you still have a Ps2 or Gamecube or Xbox boxed up somewhere (or if not I can't imagine a second hand one would be too much? and s good investment considering how many good games are on there) then you could get the EA games dirt cheap now. Nightfire and EON hold up particuarly well.

I don't want a remake, I just want them rereleased in a way that's more accessible beyond tracking down all the old games; I don't even require the graphics to be spruced up. I've seen so many random PS2 classics on the PSN store, and always wonder, "Where's the damn Bond games?!"

It's a shame that day never arrived. There's still hope for that if Villeneuve ever takes the helm with a Bond film!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    After spending at least a year deciding, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a PS4. To get myself up and running, I picked up a cheap title to get started:

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
    Maybe not the best introduction to 8th generation consoles, but... it's not without some charm. Normally I don't like the cell shading style. And while the half control / half point and click wouldn't work for something like Bond, I think it's perfectly fine for a detective game. I don't know who the voice actor for Poirot is, but at times, he sounds a lot like Mathieu Amalric!

I also cashed in points I had built up on a card, and got money off Horizon Zero Dawn, that arrived this morning, so i'll be trying that one later this evening.
    Infamous the Second Son
    Life is Strange.

The latter is free to playstation plus members. It's a bit like tell tales "games" but has way more interactivity like in old point and click adventures and it has it's own charm and nice little mystery and you have the ability to rewind and re-do your decisions.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    After spending at least a year deciding, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a PS4. To get myself up and running, I picked up a cheap title to get started:

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
    Maybe not the best introduction to 8th generation consoles, but... it's not without some charm. Normally I don't like the cell shading style. And while the half control / half point and click wouldn't work for something like Bond, I think it's perfectly fine for a detective game. I don't know who the voice actor for Poirot is, but at times, he sounds a lot like Mathieu Amalric!

I also cashed in points I had built up on a card, and got money off Horizon Zero Dawn, that arrived this morning, so i'll be trying that one later this evening.

@MajorDSmythe I cannot more highly recommend picking up Titanfall 2. I'd also be sure to grab Uncharted 4.
    @MajorDSmythe, Uncharted 4 would be a must buy. But only if you've played the others first, otherwise you really miss the impact of the best parts. They recently released a remastered collection of the first three games before 4's launch, and you should be able to get a good price if you're interested. The remaster is great and it's the best and most affordable way to play all the old games at their best performance.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe I cannot more highly recommend picking up Titanfall 2. I'd also be sure to grab Uncharted 4.
    @MajorDSmythe, Uncharted 4 would be a must buy. But only if you've played the others first, otherwise you really miss the impact of the best parts. They recently released a remastered collection of the first three games before 4's launch, and you should be able to get a good price if you're interested. The remaster is great and it's the best and most affordable way to play all the old games at their best performance.

I will definitely be buying Uncharted 4, having enjoyed the series (all three games) on the previous generation.
    @MajorDSmythe, glad to hear you know the series and the history of each character. I mean it when I say that knowing the other games and how each lead has developed since 1 will exponentially increase your enjoyment of the game. People that jump blindly into 4 spoil a gaming experience that made me more emotional and joyous than the majority of games could.
    @MajorDSmythe, glad to hear you know the series and the history of each character. I mean it when I say that knowing the other games and how each lead has developed since 1 will exponentially increase your enjoyment of the game. People that jump blindly into 4 spoil a gaming experience that made me more emotional and joyous than the majority of games could.

Any time I recommend the series, I always make a point of suggesting starting from the beginning. Sure, the first game has a smaller scope (like comparing Dr No to ... Thunderball), but you are still seeing the characters interact in a different situation to the sequels. Ann in the case of Nate and Elena, the beginning of their relationship. I do intend on keeping my PS3 (I packed way, my PS2 to make room for the PS4), but I might just pick up the remastered games of 1-3 as well.

Horizon Zero Dawn
    I really am in awe of the graphics of this game. I have been playing video games since the days of 8bit games. My first console was a Sega Master System II*, the sonic edition (beat that , Sony/Microsoft, with the Master System, you had a pre-installed game in the console). And to see how far games have come since, both in graphics and writing, make one stop and think.

* Many fond memories of the SMS2: Sonic The Hedgehog, Cool Spot, Robocop vs Terminator, Master of Darkness etc...
    @MajorDSmythe, I'm beyond pleased you feel that way and put in the time with the series to get the best possible payoff, if you find the game to your liking. One of the reasons 4 really hit me many times is the great moments of fan service. Really take your time with the game and suck it all in, savoring every minute. I know I never wanted it to end.

I also agree about how far games have come. As an eight year old toying with his Gamecube and Game Boys, I never could've perceived of a time when the games we'd get would match or exceed the feeling of actual films. It's nuts, but here we are days away from another E3 that I know will blow my socks off.

Do any of you watch the E3 conferences, and if so, what are your expectations and/or what do you want to see? For me personally I am excited to see possible gameplay of the PS4 Spider-Man game by Insomniac, my most anticipated game of the moment, if we are lucky enough to get a late 2017 release. I'm sure they'll show off more of God of War 4 and The Last of Us 2 as well, in addition to other surprises. Sony will win it again, I'm sure, they just know how to put on a show.

From Ubisoft it's almost guaranteed we'll see the first glimpse of the next Assassin's Creed, which I'm interested in experiencing. I'm a bit burnt out on the games, so I hope the footage they show is enough to get me excited again. I really am not counting on it, however.

If this rumor about a Telltale Bond game is true, we could see it revealed on the stage as well, but by which publisher or company, I've no idea. I'm not familiar with what partners Telltale usually gives exclusive content to most, Sony or Microsoft, but that could tell us when we could expect it. For some reason, I just don't believe it, however. Call me skeptical, but Activision's time with the Bond license has made me a cynic.

A lot of people want to see Read Dead 2 footage, and think that because exclusive content is coming to Sony first, their conference would be the time for the gameplay to be shown. I'm not sure about this, as Rockstar usually do their own thing independent of these big conference events, where they control the rollout of information and teases. There was a rumor last year about their gameplay of a shootout from the game being held back at a conference, so we could see something like that if RDR 2 does appear. It's something I'd have to see to believe, however. If Sony do manage to pull that off, in addition to all their other exclusives, they could have one of the best E3 presentations of all time, easily.
    I don't watch them because there's so much i don't care about but I look forward to everything being announced and shown off so I can watch the trailers and demos on Youtube.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Assassin's Creed and hopefully Red Dead 2, I'm praying the Bond rumours are true too. I'm also excited to see more of the new Need For Speed, the last one really didn't do it for me but I'm a fan of those. It'd be nice to finally have a follow up to Skyrim announced but the last Fallout was only recent so I'm not counting on it. And as always there's FIFA.

Having said that there's plenty of games that are already out which interested me but I haven't gotten round to getting.
    FTL: Faster Than Light.
    ss_052d698926073e8d407a864f0e63a486af24ec0d.600x338.jpg?t=1447355877

A nice little indie sci fi game. It's a roguelike space adventure game. Every time you start a new game everything is randomly generated so it feels fresh every time you play. It's tough and a bit based on luck and skill. Your main goal in the default available quest is to travel across the galaxy to give the Federation the blueprints of the Rebel flagship which is the villains of the specific quest. There are lots of unlockables in the game that will make you want to play it more. There are many different ships you can unlock. I recommend it to anyone who likes a nice fun challenging game with an emphasis on thought and strategy.
    @thelivingroyale, from the 13th to the 15th I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with what comes out, and post videos etc. of anything interesting.
    I replayed Super Metroid not too long ago; one of my all-time favorite video games. So amazing. The SNES is one of the greatest gaming consoles ever.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited June 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    ACSyndicate.jpg

This series lost me once Revelations was released and when they announced that they would have a new game every year. By the time Revelations came out I was tired of the character Ezio and I felt, other than story, this series wasn't bringing much new to the franchise. I enjoyedAssassin's Creed 3 more than others but left this series after that. It wouldn't be until years later that I would come back and play Black Flag which I also ended up enjoying. It still wasn't enough to bring me back to these games. I skipped Unity and a few months back I decided to take a shot at Syndicate, as I enjoy Victorian era London. This may be the one that brings me back to Assassin's Creed. That, and the fact that they announced they are not releasing a new game every year.
    I like how you can switch between two different characters, a brother and sister. They have their own uniqueness that gives you a reason, other than gender, to switch back and forth. I would still love to see this series go to ancient Japan where you could play as a ninja. Here's to hoping that happens soon.