Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've always preferred the 3D Universe era GTA games over the rest of them, with Vice City being my favourite.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Got Vice City, San Andreas and Bully from ps-store. Haven't gotten very far. These old gta's sure were hard to beat. Don't know how I beat these games when I was younger.

Nowadays I get frustrated way easier, I think.
    So I wen't back to my Batman games. I have to beat Arkham Knight before I try to beat Vice City and the other two ps2 oldies.

Try and get the Platinum for Vice City - I wish you luck! Was a pain at times, particularly those ridiculous Criminal Rating trophies that absolutely require lots of dull grinding.

'Vice City' was my favorite one as I grew up, before 'GTA IV' overtook it as my favorite game - not just in the series, but of all time.
    Vice City is still my favorite too. Love the decade it takes place in. Love the characters, 80's movie and tv references, cast (especially Ray Liotta as Tommy Vercetti) and the soundtrack.
    Vice City is still my favorite too. Love the decade it takes place in. Love the characters, 80's movie and tv references, cast (especially Ray Liotta as Tommy Vercetti) and the soundtrack.
    +1. I love how it parodies (not in a comedic way) the style of Miami Vice everything about it feels authentic and awesome. From the first to last detail. :D

Killer soundtrack. Too many instances where I'd be parked by a mission marker, but would take a few minutes to finish a song on the radio. Every GTA seems to have a killer, memorable soundtrack, even 'GTA V' (which I've grown to love and appreciate more over the years. Wasn't crazy about it upon release.)

I remember playing GTA IV Online with a friend, and me driving as fast as possible to avoid some players attempting to kill us, just so we could finish 'Evil Woman' by ELO.
    I'm always jamming to GTA V's The Lowdown 91.1 radio station songs.

The lovely Pam Grier makes it all the more better! That was the one I settled on after a while, a ton of hits to be found and enjoyed.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The lovely Pam Grier makes it all the more better! That was the one I settled on after a while, a ton of hits to be found and enjoyed.
    +1. Pam Grier's dialogues provide the experience with an absolute enjoyment. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The radio stations of GTA IV and V were important parts of my experience of them, with my favorites being the Classic Rock stations of each of the aforementioned titles. I also loved playing the jazz stations as I caused havoc as Niko, to juxtapose his acts with light and carefree tunes, and I really enjoyed how GTA V was able to use music as a part of the story many times (especially that one amazing moment with Trevor everyone who has played the game will know about).

I still remember the good old days where I'd just drive around Liberty City listening to Lazlow's talk show, crying endlessly listening to his hilarious skits and bits. Rockstar create such amazingly vibrant worlds full of personalities, attack ads and fake news stations, and I don't mean to exaggerate by saying that the writing of these games is some of the greatest social satire and intellectual parody I have ever experienced as a consumer of entertainment. The world of the GTA universe is almost frighteningly too much like our own, and that blur between fiction and reality that the games create is jarring but perfectly tuned.
    Lazlow is a perfect staple of the series. Such a womanizing egomaniac. Listened to his talk show a good bit during my recent playthrough of 'Vice City.'

Another positive with returning to the older games after a decade plus is all the adult humor I managed to miss out on as a kid; the tiniest of jokes that definitely flew over my head.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Lazlow is a perfect staple of the series. Such a womanizing egomaniac. Listened to his talk show a good bit during my recent playthrough of 'Vice City.'

Another positive with returning to the older games after a decade plus is all the adult humor I managed to miss out on as a kid; the tiniest of jokes that definitely flew over my head.

@Creasy47, absolutely. I think GTA was one of the factors that made me very liberal and open-minded early on, because I saw all kinds of different people from every walk of life being joked about, and the games make the case that nothing is off limits. I learned not to take myself or others too seriously, and that's serviced me a lot in the past.

Anyone who wants a laugh and doesn't mind some dark humor really should give this radio station of Lazlow's circa GTA IV a listen:

I've rarely laughed so hard at something before, despite how many times I hear it over and over again. No matter how long I live one of the things I'll never forget is Lazlow ranting at an immigrant Mexican hot dog guy for telling him how rough he had it, making fun of him for how he had to survive childhood by milking his grandmother like "some kind of tear cow." :))
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,492
    Never fails to be funny for me, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Or the bit where he takes a cab through the streets of Liberty City and gets in an argument with the cab driver. "PTUH! I spit in your cab!"

Assaults the hot dog vendor then maniacally laughs and sprints from the cops.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I dropped out of the GTA series around IV. But the radio stations were among the better aspects of the games. Chatterbox fm from GTA 3 all the way.

"I don't wanna learn about tofu, I wanna lean how to kick peoples asses."
    Finished playing chapter 2 of Blade of Agony a few days ago. Great fun, especially the secret level. (I suppose I can refer to it as a standalone game?)
    I've been playing through the 3D GTA games in chronological order and getting 100% on each game. I'm on III now. It's a fun experience watching characters and stories from 1984 up to 2001. Even the radio personas have arcs and storylines. Rockstar crafted an excellent world. Vice City and San Andreas were two of the games of my childhood. I wouldn't hesitate to include them or Grand Theft Auto IV on my favorite games list.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    Minesweeper.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Minesweeper.

So you must have a Titan X in your system, because I know my PC would die running such a demanding game.
    Am I to be laughed at when I regularly play Counter-Strike 1.6 almost three times a day with bots?
    Am I to be laughed at when I regularly play Counter-Strike 1.6 almost three times a day with bots?

You must have to douse your cpu in more liquid nitrogen than Boris Grishenko.

You must have to douse your cpu in more liquid nitrogen than Boris Grishenko.
    Oh I do. That's why it's invincible!
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    @BMW_with_missiles

Indeed. I like Windows Hearts too.
    Minesweeper.

I love Minesweeper. Simple enough to get into at any time, complex enough to hold one's attention.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hitman (2016)
    Welcome back, 47, especially after that unfortunate business in 2012. Why couldn't this have been the 5th game, and not that sorry mess that was Abomination? I have played through Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh. I have played a little of Bangkok, I was going to continue, but at the time, the server was down (I chose not to continue offline) . So far, this is giving Blood Money some serious competition in my Hitman ranking.
    Hitman (2016)
    Welcome back, 47, especially after that unfortunate business in 2012. Why couldn't this have been the 5th game, and not that sorry mess that was Abomination? I have played through Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh. I have played a little of Bangkok, I was going to continue, but at the time, the server was down (I chose not to continue offline) . So far, this is giving Blood Money some serious competition in my Hitman ranking.

Lovely stuff, glad someone else is getting into this. Sapienza and Bangkok are likely my two favorites of those maps - Marrakesh was probably my least favorite. Colorado isn't too bad, but it's pretty tough, and Hokkaido is so amazing. Enjoy!
    I personally preferred Marrakesh over Colorado, really. The latter seemed too generic a level.
    I personally preferred Marrakesh over Colorado, really. The latter seemed too generic a level.

That's how the former felt for me. Past the headmaster's school and the embassy, it was just mass alleys of NPC's and not much else. Felt like the level with the least amount of variety, I'd say. Colorado is pretty generic, too - large, nothing too unique about it, but damn, is it challenging.
    My favourites so far have been Sapienza and Paris. I finished Bangkok, there were a number of squeeky bum time moments were I almost got found out. One in particular was clumsy, involved me running around the foyer (cue Benny Hill theme), then heading up to 47's room to change clothes.
    My favourites so far have been Sapienza and Paris. I finished Bangkok, there were a number of squeeky bum time moments were I almost got found out. One in particular was clumsy, involved me running around the foyer (cue Benny Hill theme), then heading up to 47's room to change clothes.

Those types of moments have happened to me plenty of times. Conveniently enough, the FINAL Elusive Target for this season is live now, and will likely be around for the next seven to ten days, if you'd like to tackle it. Shame that you've just now gotten it and only have one single ET to enjoy, but it's better than nothing! I can only assume they're done now because they're likely gearing up for season two.
    Good to hear that you're liking the new Hitman, @MajorDSmythe. I see the first season on sale all the time, so it's only inevitable that I'll jump into it too at a later date.
    Over 41 hours! That's how long it took me to finally finish Prey. I got the best ending on my first try, and it was a great ending!