Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been on a Resident Evil kick recently thanks to the PS4 release of Resident Evil Revelations. Currently going through the Wii rerelease of the Gamecube remake of the first Resident Evil.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm in agreement on the character models. For a game of such scope, they seemed to utilize so few people. I must've run into some "unique" city guard in Novigrad in over ten or fifteen different cutscenes/fights, and he had the same exact face, facial hair, voice, everything.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm in agreement on the character models. For a game of such scope, they seemed to utilize so few people. I must've run into some "unique" city guard in Novigrad in over ten or fifteen different cutscenes/fights, and he had the same exact face, facial hair, voice, everything.

@Creasy47, my favorite is when the big burly characters have the small sounding voices, or vice versa. :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mad Max

I encountered a glitch in one of the camps, the interior door wouldn't open, so there is no way that I could get 100% / platinum the game, so I started over from scratch. That isn't a big problem, as I have been enjoying the game. I don't really know how the glitch came about, so I am proceeding with caution.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Mad Max

I encountered a glitch in one of the camps, the interior door wouldn't open, so there is no way that I could get 100% / platinum the game, so I started over from scratch. That isn't a big problem, as I have been enjoying the game. I don't really know how the glitch came about, so I am proceeding with caution.

I was going to post that I've been playing Mad Max. It's a great game! The beginning is really slow but once you get a few hours into it, it's a lot of fun. I have a hard time putting it down.
    What camp has the glitch?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Mad Max

I was going to post that I've been playing Mad Max. It's a great game! The beginning is really slow but once you get a few hours into it, it's a lot of fun. I have a hard time putting it down.
    What camp has the glitch?

I don't remember the name, but it is in Pink Eyes Territory. It is near a bridge, with some burned out cars on it. One of the thugs that comes out to intercept you has grenades or some other throwable explosives.
    Mad Max

Crazy how many dozens of hours you can sink into a game, but one slight game-breaking bug can make you start from scratch. It's why I always pound it into my head to save as often as I can.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Glad folks are loving Mad Max. One of the greatest blind buys I've made of a game, and I wish it got a sequel.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,347
    Oxenfree Bizarre game was free on Xbox Live and had a high rating, not usually a type of game I have the patience for though it's an intriguing Role playing game.
    Observer (PS4)
    header.png

An interesting game I downloaded yesterday. I haven't gotten very far into it but it's easy to see that Blade Runner was a big influence on the look of the world. Speaking of Blade Runner, Rutger Hauer provides his voice and look for the main character.
    The game is pretty basic in terms of gameplay. You just walk around an apartment building, that you're trapped in, and talk to residents through their doors to investigate what happened. The real experience is when you, an enhanced human, can enter the minds of the living or dead, as long as they're an enhanced human too. That's when the game gives you jump scares. I'm not far enough into it to be able to recommend this game but I am looking forward to playing more of it.

You got me interested in the game, so I had to download it and try it myself. I'm about an hour into the game and so far it's feels intriguing.
    Oxenfree Bizarre game was free on Xbox Live and had a high rating, not usually a type of game I have the patience for though it's an intriguing Role playing game.

I actually enjoyed that one. Though I don't think I've beaten it yet but I believe I'm towards the very end. It's for sure a different kind of game.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Observer (PS4)
    header.png

An interesting game I downloaded yesterday. I haven't gotten very far into it but it's easy to see that Blade Runner was a big influence on the look of the world. Speaking of Blade Runner, Rutger Hauer provides his voice and look for the main character.
    The game is pretty basic in terms of gameplay. You just walk around an apartment building, that you're trapped in, and talk to residents through their doors to investigate what happened. The real experience is when you, an enhanced human, can enter the minds of the living or dead, as long as they're an enhanced human too. That's when the game gives you jump scares. I'm not far enough into it to be able to recommend this game but I am looking forward to playing more of it.

You got me interested in the game, so I had to download it and try it myself. I'm about an hour into the game and so far it's feels intriguing.

I'm a bit farther into it now but I'm slowly going through it. I absolutely hate first-person horror games. Too many in your face jump scares for my liking. A review I saw said there are only a few in this game compared to others and so far it was right but still too many for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I actually enjoyed that one. Though I don't think I've beaten it yet but I believe I'm towards the very end. It's for sure a different kind of game.

Good game I completed it in four hours felt like I was in a movie, I inadvertently did well I did not realise my responses had a large influence on the game until the end.

Speaking of Blade Runner influenced games, I'm personally anticipating a game called Cyberpunk 2077 more than any other one now. It's from CD Projekt Red, the developers of the Witcher series, and is basically an RPG where you get to decide what kind of character you get to play as in a massive open world with the look and feel of the 1982 film with its shared themes, visuals and overall style. I'm most interested in it because on of the main character classes you can play is a cop, and that's exactly what I'll be doing when it launches. Much like Deckard's role in the film, the cops of Cyberpunk are apparently tasked with tracking down and neutralizing humans who have augmented themselves to a superior (and dangerous) state.
    Speaking of Blade Runner influenced games, I'm personally anticipating a game called Cyberpunk 2077 more than any other one now. It's from CD Projekt Red, the developers of the Witcher series, and is basically an RPG where you get to decide what kind of character you get to play as in a massive open world with the look and feel of the 1982 film with its shared themes, visuals and overall style. I'm most interested in it because on of the main character classes you can play is a cop, and that's exactly what I'll be doing when it launches. Much like Deckard's role in the film, the cops of Cyberpunk are apparently tasked with tracking down and neutralizing humans who have augmented themselves to a superior (and dangerous) state.

I'm eager to play anything CD Projekt Red develops, and this has been on my radar for a long while. I can only assume it'll be nothing short of awe-inspiring and amazing. Looking forward to it!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm eager to play anything CD Projekt Red develops, and this has been on my radar for a long while. I can only assume it'll be nothing short of awe-inspiring and amazing. Looking forward to it!

@Creasy47, if they nail the open world and the experience of traveling in it, then it has the chance to be a paradigm changing experience. The fact that we'll be able to fly around in cars like in Blade Runner alone blows my mind.
    I hope they deliver yet another damn good soundtrack that is fitting to that particular time and location. Loving the soundtrack for The Witcher 3 so far, always enjoy hearing it in the background as I explore.

Oh, finally arrived on Skellige yesterday! Going through some side quests and whatnot before continuing the main quest. Nabbed the fist fight completion trophy, so that's one more missable one out of the way.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    wumo56a93ce8319cc1.12131364.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Thunderfinger you genius git! :))
    Geriatric Theft Auto - Shady Acres
    GTA: Nice City, where there is zero crime and everyone gets along.

I have never heard of Cyberpunk 2077 until you mentioned it. I just looked up some videos on it and it sounds amazing! They announced it in 2012 and it's speculated that it's not releasing until sometime in 2019. It's on my radar now.

I have never heard of Cyberpunk 2077 until you mentioned it. I just looked up some videos on it and it sounds amazing! They announced it in 2012 and it's speculated that it's not releasing until sometime in 2019. It's on my radar now.

@QsAssistant, it's been in development for a long, long time, but when you realize the ambition of it, that makes sense. I figure that when the developers saw where the game consoles were going around the time of 2013 and 2014 with the PS4 and XboxOne, they took what they had of Cyberpunk and adapted it for the newer gen, retooling it and continuing development. This probably took an insane amount of time and money, but a game like the one they're hyping couldn't be made on just the old gen of consoles. With the hardware power at their disposal now, they can realize exactly what they want the game to be and won't have to sacrifice much.

Cyberpunk definitely won't be a game you'll see in a year, but judging by how much CD Projekt Red keeping updating us and talking about the game, I have a feeling we're getting nearer to seeing some footage and, in the grand scheme, getting closer to its actual release.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Just picked up GTA5 on steam for $35.99. If you have steam this deal is good through October 2nd. Get in while you can.

Looking forward to joining my brother on some heists.
  • Division_00Division_00 Atlanta, GA, USA
    I play GoldenEye N64 and I'm also on Overwatch via a friend's battletag, lol :P
    edited September 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
    I hadn't played it for a few weeks, but I have been enjoying this game for the most part, though the devs have really bungled the patches. They release a patch to fix one lot of problems, but end up creating another list of problems. I finally unlocked the last sidearm. I sat waiting for the 'Gunslinger' trophy to pop... it didn't. I looked up on the net, and found that I also have to unlock the bow. I unlock the bow, and it turns out that the trophy still wont pop. Apparently they have moved some weapons into different categories, and that is what has caused the problem. I don't know if there is any point in trying to unlock the rest of the trophies. I won't make them a priority, but i'll keep going and see what happens. I'm on to the last act of the game, so there isn't much more to do.

edited September 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Ghost_Recon_Wildlands_cover_art.jpg

I haven't played it since the beta. A friend and I went ahead and bought copies about a week ago and so far I don't regret that decision. I put off buying/playing it for so long because of it's poor reviews but I'm honestly having a lot of fun playing it. It's not perfect by any means but it didn't deserve the poor reviews it got.
  • Half-Life
    header.jpg?t=1493762285

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Good game, that. Shame that franchise is dead.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. Enjoyed every installment in this series, including the side stories and expansion packs.
    Did you play the PS2-exclusive expansion to the first game? There's a fan-made PC port of it. It's co-op focused, but not unplayable in single player.