Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I bought the physical release of Friday The 13th: The Game yesterday (Argos were selling it for just £23). At first, I couldn't get on for connection issues (funny that, because a few minutes before, I had been playing a co-op mission on Sniper Elite 4 without any problems), when I could get on, the lobby was empty. I waited for around 5 minutes, not... one... damn... person.

@MajorDSmythe, Friday the 13th had a lot of great traffic in the second half of summer due to how trendy the game was with streamers and YouTubers, giving the game a lot of players for the online mode. Now that the game's appeal has seemed to quiet (ironically around the Halloween season) it doesn't seem to get played as much as it did a few months ago. I don't know if it'll have good legs as a long term online game, but hopefully people are playing consistently enough for you to get your money's worth out of it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I bought the physical release of Friday The 13th: The Game yesterday (Argos were selling it for just £23). At first, I couldn't get on for connection issues (funny that, because a few minutes before, I had been playing a co-op mission on Sniper Elite 4 without any problems), when I could get on, the lobby was empty. I waited for around 5 minutes, not... one... damn... person.

@MajorDSmythe, Friday the 13th had a lot of great traffic in the second half of summer due to how trendy the game was with streamers and YouTubers, giving the game a lot of players for the online mode. Now that the game's appeal has seemed to quiet (ironically around the Halloween season) it doesn't seem to get played as much as it did a few months ago. I don't know if it'll have good legs as a long term online game, but hopefully people are playing consistently enough for you to get your money's worth out of it.

That was one of the initial reasons for me holding off on a purchase: the trophies hinted at a game that would take a very, very long time to complete, so I knew if the day came (and I didn't expect it to come this quickly) that the player base really died out, the trophies would be all but impossible to unlock.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wow, really? And I've actually debated trying this one out finally. People act like it's still fairly popular, so it's surprising to see it having empty lobbies.

Since my last post, I have been able to get into a lobby with enough players for a match. I have been in 10 matches, and escaped in 3 of them. Twice I escaped by car, once as a team, and one by myself (the last surviving counselor other than myself, was hiding in a closet on the other side of the map). The other time, I escaped on foot with two other players. And I have been a counselor in all 10 matches.

Looking at the trophies, this game is going to take a lot of work to get a Platinum. The trophy for playing as Jason in however many matches it is, will be tough, especially as playing as Jason is random. I don't think I will concentrate on the trophies too much with this one.

As for the longevity of the game, that'll depend on what else is in store for the game...

yYSlDV51505730295070_original-652x1024.jpg

We still have two new Jasons and a new map to look forward to.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @MajorDSmythe, in the main menu you can customize it so that you have a higher chance of being Jason. You pick what preference you have, of being Jason or a counselor. Granted, everyone will likely pick Jason, but anything helps.

If the game has constant content coming beyond even this year and into the next it could see a decent level of traffic and bring old players back, so that's good. It'd be cool if, in reference to the Friday film that was supposed to come, one of the new maps will be a snowy setting with Jason and the campers dressed for a blizzard. And then there's all the story stuff coming too.

How do you like it so far? I guess it'll be hard to say until you've been Jason too, to get the full experience as of this moment.
    Yeah, I've noticed a lot of these online Kickstarter games have some ridiculously grindy trophies involved. There was another WWII shooter that dropped almost a year back, had trophies like getting tens of thousands of kills. Uninspired and lazy.
    Yeah, I've noticed a lot of these online Kickstarter games have some ridiculously grindy trophies involved. There was another WWII shooter that dropped almost a year back, had trophies like getting tens of thousands of kills. Uninspired and lazy.

Yeah, you can tell that they're trying to artificially pad the game to keep the player count up, and there are certain perfectionists out there that will stick around to get trophies.

I can trophy hunt with the best of them (I do Platinum most of the games I own), but I only go that extra mile if I enjoy the game and enjoy the hunt. I don't bother with games that I didn't enjoy, as what's the point? I guess I could be called a selective completionist, despite the inherent paradox that presents.
    Trophies like that usually have me avoiding a game like the plague; I'll only cave if it's something I'm absolutely dying to try it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, in the main menu you can customize it so that you have a higher chance of being Jason. You pick what preference you have, of being Jason or a counselor. Granted, everyone will likely pick Jason, but anything helps.

I have already chosen Jason as my preference. I am looking at it this way, each match I play, I accumulate more points, to unlock more kill options for when I do get to play as Jason.
    If the game has constant content coming beyond even this year and into the next it could see a decent level of traffic and bring old players back, so that's good. It'd be cool if, in reference to the Friday film that was supposed to come, one of the new maps will be a snowy setting with Jason and the campers dressed for a blizzard. And then there's all the story stuff coming too.

I would not be surprised if the map before the snowflake in the content guide, is a winter map. Either an entirely new map, or a snow covered variant of an existing map.
    How do you like it so far? I guess it'll be hard to say until you've been Jason too, to get the full experience as of this moment.

So far, it's been a positive experience. The hit detection and the car handling could do with a little work.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Found an Xbox 360 at a thrift store for $20. Amazingly, it actually works. I guess I'll be loading up on 360 games soon. Anybody have suggestions for good exclusives?

I haven't played the newer ones but the Halo and Gears Of War games I've played have been great. You might like Forza too depending on what you're after from a racing game, and I'm sure one of the Splinter Cells was 360 exclusive.

The Forza games have interested me in the past, and I've never played any Halo games, so I'll probably give those a shot. Thanks!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Batman: The Telltale Series - Season 2 (The Enemy Within) - Episode 2 (The Pact)
    hqdefault.jpg

I love the first season of this series and the first episode of season 2 was pretty good as well. But I have to say that episode 2 in season 2 is the first time I've been disappointed by this game. We had to wait a long time to get an episode that felt really short and we only got to be Batman for about the first ten minutes, the rest of the time we play as Bruce.
    Another thing I didn't like was...
    how Harley Quinn isn't in love with Joker but Joker is in love with her and would wait on her hand and foot. I get that they are changing things up for this series, and I like that, but that one actually annoyed me.
    We better be getting episode three soon because that last episode was a joke.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Friday The 13th
    I have been playing this game a lot over the last 3 days. Well, when I say play, I do of course mean when the server decides to work properly. I have gotten to play as Jason a few times as well.
    Earlier today, I was in a match where one of the counselors was working with Jason. He/she... it, waited by the car, and wouldn't let anyone else near it. It had petrol in it and the battery, all it needed were keys, which I had. This counselor just wouldn't let me anywhere near the car. A group of counselors, with Jason on their heels, saw the commotion around the car, and descended on the car in hopes of securing their escape. All hell broke loose... I swear, it was madness. Counselors running everywhere, Jason swinging his axe like there was no tomorrow. I managed to get in the drivers seat, only to be pulled out and killed, while Jason turned attention toward the other counselors running around like headless chickens, the counselor in question, stole the keys, and drove off.
    Friday The 13th
    I have been playing this game a lot over the last 3 days. Well, when I say play, I do of course mean when the server decides to work properly. I have gotten to play as Jason a few times as well.
    Earlier today, I was in a match where one of the counselors was working with Jason. He/she... it, waited by the car, and wouldn't let anyone else near it. It had petrol in it and the battery, all it needed were keys, which I had. This counselor just wouldn't let me anywhere near the car. A group of counselors, with Jason on their heels, saw the commotion around the car, and descended on the car in hopes of securing their escape. All hell broke loose... I swear, it was madness. Counselors running everywhere, Jason swinging his axe like there was no tomorrow. I managed to get in the drivers seat, only to be pulled out and killed, while Jason turned attention toward the other counselors running around like headless chickens, the counselor in question, stole the keys, and drove off.

So it was a human player just screwing you lot out of an escape? That's a troll for ya. Disgusts me that people pay money for games, simply to ruin the experience for others. Oh well, it'll forever exist if developers aren't tough on cracking down on those types of players.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Friday The 13th

So it was a human player just screwing you lot out of an escape? That's a troll for ya. Disgusts me that people pay money for games, simply to ruin the experience for others. Oh well, it'll forever exist if developers aren't tough on cracking down on those types of players.
    That's why I never play multiplayers.
    Friday The 13th

That's why I never play multiplayers.

These types of players are fairly limited and rare depending on the player base, but I don't fault you at all for avoiding games for that reason. It kills me when I run into it. The very few times I've given the PvP of Destiny 2 a shot, a solid 80% of the matches results in someone not playing at all (and I mean on purpose - you can see them moving here and there but they just don't fight in order to help the other team) or they bail 20 or 30 seconds in to put you at a man disadvantage.

Such fun.
    Trolls for you. The gaming world is full of them.

I play multiplayer only when it's either against bots, or simply a private server with friends I know. Playing with strangers is not worthy.

I play multiplayer only when it's either against bots, or simply a private server with friends I know. Playing with strangers is not worthy.

Sadly the usage of bots/private servers is shockingly low in games today, as is split-screen. I miss the days when I could fire up so many games and play against AI bots in the multiplayer setting (looking at you, N64 Bond titles). My buddy and I sunk days of playtime into TWINE.

Sadly the usage of bots/private servers is shockingly low in games today, as is split-screen. I miss the days when I could fire up so many games and play against AI bots in the multiplayer setting (looking at you, N64 Bond titles). My buddy and I sunk days of playtime into TWINE.
    I know the feeling!

Counter-Strike 1.6 has always been my baby. I love playing that with bots a lot. It's like target practice combat that makes you feel vented off.
    Friday The 13th

Oh it was human player alright. Though it has been an isolated experience so far. There have been three matches that stick out in my mind, where team spirit has been strong. One where there were two people escaping in the four-seater car, they saw me running down the hill to them, so the driver stopped the car, for me to get in and escape with them. Another where myself and another counselor teamed (the other counselors were welcome to join us, but they had their own plans) up from the beginning of the match, and we ended up escaping across the bridge to the police. And then another match today, where myself and two counselors were trapped in a cabin, with Jason outside. We decided to make a run for it together.... it didn't last long, Jason got all three of us.

I know the feeling!

Counter-Strike 1.6 has always been my baby. I love playing that with bots a lot. It's like target practice combat that makes you feel vented off.

I know a lot of PC gamers take their Counter-Strike very seriously. I sunk a lot of time into Counter-Strike: Global Offensive myself when I had an Xbox 360. It was so easy and relaxing to put on one of my favorite albums, fire up a lengthy round with bots, and have some fun.
    @MajorDSmythe, you've had some interesting experiences, both positive and negative.

I love watching streams of Friday the 13th so I think I've seen everything at this point. I've seen well intentioned players as Tommy accidentally shooting and killing a camper while trying to hit Jason, I've seen a player in a car mowing people down both on accident and on purpose, and have definitely seen a Jason team up with their counselor friend to screw the other players over.

There's wacky or infuriating moments, but the times when you can team up and work together must be great. It's a fun game to watch people play, and I can't imagine what it's like to have the controller in your own hand.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    South Park: The Fractured but Whole
    fbd56c8d-7d21-4247-b972-43a54d6cbec7_1.86f45e211c3eb285a6888757da5849d9.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Just picked it up last night and played for a couple of hours. If you like the first game you'll like this one. It's pretty much the same game but the fighting is a bit different and I think I prefer this one over the first game's. I recommend it for fans of the show and/or the first game.
    @MajorDSmythe, you've had some interesting experiences, both positive and negative.

I love watching streams of Friday the 13th so I think I've seen everything at this point. I've seen well intentioned players as Tommy accidentally shooting and killing a camper while trying to hit Jason, I've seen a player in a car mowing people down both on accident and on purpose, and have definitely seen a Jason team up with their counselor friend to screw the other players over.

There's wacky or infuriating moments, but the times when you can team up and work together must be great. It's a fun game to watch people play, and I can't imagine what it's like to have the controller in your own hand.

Taking of which, I had an odd moment in my last match of the day. I saw two counselors running towards the four-seater, one of which was carrying the petrol can. He filled the tank up, climbed in, started it up, and then got out of the car, and along with the other counselor, just ran off towards the lake. Jason was nowhere to be seen. I stood watching them run off, then I thought to myself "what am I doing?", i'm left standing by the car, tank full, battery in place, and the keys in the ignition. That must have been the easiest escape thus far.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    It was only a few months ago I posted my then-contemporary review of IGI 2: Covert Strike (which still hasn't changed), I found myself playing the game yet again, possibly my 30th time (in full, that is).

In the wake of the news I found of the Project IGI intellectual property being obtained by Artplant (founded by former members of Innerloop, the developers of the first two), who are now working on the third game (that was damn long expected!) entitled Project IGI: We're Going In, I was hyped enough to put on the available games (the first and the second) and go for it.

Thing is, while the physics, mechanics and all else are 99.8% the same, along with animations, character models, in-game motion captures even, these two feel like two different games. I may be in the minority but, I've always preferred the second game to the first. While in sphere they're similar, they're also differentiated by the spirit. One's a tactical shooter, and the other is super stealth-bound heart-throbbing suspense that leaves you in fright and horror of exposure. Even more so, I think the soundtrack also creeps you out and spooks you in a way you're on the edge of your seat, praying not to be detected. Man, did Kim Jensen did a marvelous job with the score or not?!

Still in my top five spy-based (and FPS) games overall! Possibly the fourth!

@MajorDSmythe @Agent007391 have you played any of these?
    I have seen you mention them from time to time, but i've not played them. I don't believe they have have had a console release, but they do look like games that I would be interested in, if they were released on console.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I played a demo of IGI 2 a long, long time ago, but remember nothing about it.
    Yes, I believe they were exclusive to Microsoft Windows, with the first game was made as a "GoldenEye 007 for Windows PC". Even though, they're hardly anything alike. The second game especially is the kind of shooter experience that puts any shooter made since Modern Warfare to shame.
    Modern Warefare, that's COD, right? Give me something like Cold Winter anyday, over any of the COD games. I would kill for a Cold Winter remaster, or even a sequel.
    I'm surprised how Cold Winter never got a remaster. For an acclaimed classic written by Warren Ellis, you'd think the game would be popular among audiences. It's Die Another Day done in the style of the Bourne narrative.
    I'm surprised how Cold Winter never got a remaster. For an acclaimed classic written by Warren Ellis, you'd think the game would be popular among audiences. It's Die Another Day done in the style of the Bourne narrative.

I'd like to think that it was what a videogame adaption of a Daltonised DAD would have looked it. I wish that that the PS4 could play PS2 discs.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423

I'd like to think that it was what a videogame adaption of a Daltonised DAD would have looked it. I wish that that the PS4 could play PS2 discs.
    I have to play it again sometime. It's been a while. I wish it saw a release on Windows PC back then.

@MajorDSmythe, it appears it has been published by Vivendi and Sierra in different regions, and developed by Swordfish. With three of them already defunct, who knows who holds the rights to game? I believe its IP is lost somewhere, likely to be a belonging of Ellis'. I'm sensing a similar case to that of the No One Lives Forever license.