No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Two years of random speculation, random bs, vague statements, only to have Craig come back. Great job Eon, if this is true, round of applause

If true? What more do you need? Off to the loony bin with you.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 12,914
    7 times total. Oh, did I just post that?
    7 times total. Oh, did I just post that?
    7? Daniel is not doing 3 more at this stage.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    DC still attached to 'Purity,' and if he returns to play Bond, that will most likely delay it:

http://www.slashfilm.com/purity-tv-series-delayed-by-bond-25/#more-433498

If Bond 25 comes out in 2019, it means that filming will take place around Nov 2018 to May 2019. So Craig will be available to shoot "purity" this year. I think that the filming of "purity" which was to begin in 2017 to be delayed and that the time that craig shoot "purity" and well it rejects Bond to nov 2019;
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187
    Wat
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Once again, I told you so.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,242
    All signs are pointing to yes. Will it be one or two more?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Already posted that, also not a confirmation. Most signs point to his return, but nothing is confirmed.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    Wat

? if Bond 25 is for nov 2019 , filming will be at the end of 2018 and begin 2019 , so Craig is free to shoot "Purity" this year

Already posted that, also not a confirmation. Most signs point to his return, but nothing is confirmed.
    Living in an alternate reality?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Kuzco wrote: »
    Wat

? if Bond 25 is for nov 2019 , filming will be at the end of 2018 and begin 2019 , so Craig is free to shoot "Purity" this year
    Precisely. I don't think it's so much not being able to do it as much as not being permitted to do it. No studio wants their Bond overexposed on TV or even confirmed as being associated with this medium.

If you think there was a confirmation anywhere, anytime you are probably the one who's living in an alternate reality.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    bondjames wrote: »
    Kuzco wrote: »
    Wat

Precisely. I don't think it's so much not being able to do it as much as not being permitted to do it. No studio wants their Bond overexposed on TV or even confirmed as being associated with this medium.

if Craig could shoot "purity" only in 2019, that means craig is free in 2018 to shoot bond ( brocolli wanted bond 25 on screen in nov 2018) so Why they pushed back Bond 25 to 2019 ?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

It pretty much is an give away and unofficial confirmation why didn't they announce Daniel returning on the official release date for bond 25 announcement if they already knew he would be back?
    @007Blofeld, I've asked the same question. No idea.

@QuantumOrganization, I live in a reality where I don't buy into random articles and rumors, instead awaiting an official confirmation.
  • RC7RC7

If you think there was a confirmation anywhere, anytime you are probably the one who's living in an alternate reality.

David Zaritsky's basement in the upside down.
    The quote is literally "he's doing Bond first".
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    bondjames wrote: »

Great article bondjames.

The only thing that could make this worse now is Craig coming on for two more (?) and if Paul McWhoever decides to helm the next B25 film, because of his work on the highly anticipated Films Stars Don't Die in Liverpool.
    antovolk wrote: »

If someone can so casually confirm that, then why omit Craig from the announcement weeks back?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187
    RC7 wrote: »

David Zaritsky's basement in the upside down.
    Mod Edit for language.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,686

If someone can so casually confirm that, then why omit Craig from the announcement weeks back?

So this means that 'Purity', which was supposed to be filmed in 2017 and have its 1st season aired late 2017/early 2018, won't air at all until 2021 at the earliest?
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,164

because who knows what the situation was weeks back? Or EON/MGM just want to wait to announce the director/Craig in one swoop. and tbh, the guy probably thought he was OK saying it because the NYT story confirmed it in most people's eyes anyway.

They don't just announce things as soon as it's a 'done deal', there's marketing voodoo involved in all this.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Exactly. It's not a done deal until Craig himself or his reps come out and say yes he is coming back. Until then it's all tabloid rumor and speculation

because who knows what the situation was weeks back? Or EON/MGM just want to wait to announce the director/Craig in one swoop. and tbh, the guy probably thought he was OK saying it because the NYT story confirmed it in most people's eyes anyway.

They don't just announce things as soon as it's a 'done deal', there's marketing voodoo involved in all this.

That's a stretch of logic. So they completely omit his announcement officially - and remember, this is a company that has yet to waver or cave regarding rumors and unofficial confirmations - but now those involved will confirm Craig's return in a carefree manner because an article "confirmed it in most people's eyes anyway" (whatever that means)?
    Exactly. It's not a done deal until Craig himself or his reps come out and say yes he is coming back. Until then it's all tabloid rumor and speculation

But it's not a tabloid rumour but the chief executive of the TV network that's producing a show starring Daniel?

If there's anyone outside of camp Bond in the know before it's officially publicly announced - it's people like that.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm just not buying into it until Craig comes out and gives his word.

That's a stretch of logic. So they completely omit his announcement officially - and remember, this is a company that has yet to waver or cave regarding rumors and unofficial confirmations - but now those involved will confirm Craig's return in a carefree manner because an article "confirmed it in most people's eyes anyway" (whatever that means)?

Have you even read the whole article or who the guy is?

He's not involved with EON/Bond 25. Daniel is starring in a show on his network. He probably thought Craig returning was public record already because of the NYT article.

Have you even read the whole article or who the guy is?

He's not involved with EON/Bond 25. Daniel is starring in a show on his network. He probably thought Craig returning was public record already because of the NYT article.

Seems like a major slip-up, then. Surely those involved with B25 would've taken the necessary precautions to ensure nobody let it slip, if they so adamantly didn't want it to be part of the announcement.

I'm not saying he's definitely NOT returning, but past an official confirmation, these are rumors and gossip like everything else. I'll believe it when it's confirmed by the appropriate parties, and not through an underhanded comment from someone not remotely involved in the production of B25.