No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

They will probably digitally de-age his face using CGI. That's what they do with RDJ and Tom Cruise now.

I agree, he is already starting to look "past it" for Bond. Lord knows how he will look in another 2 years from now.

Dear dear @Mendes4Lyfe :-). Colin Firth is 56. He will reprise his role in "Kingsman". Tom Cruise is 55. He will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt next year for a 6th (!) time. Robert Downey Jr. loves playing the suave Iron Man. He is 52 now. And Hugh Jackman, 48, has already played Logan/Wolverine a whopping 9 (!!) times. So tell me, why is Daniel Craig too old in 2019? This man is incredibly fit, has a 6-pack, is having exquisite acting skills and will now follow Connery's and Moore's footsteps by playing 007 5 times in a row. Add to that the fact that Daniel Craig himself, the one and only, wants to return, and we, Bond fans, should be utterly delighted. Utterly, extremely overjoyed!! :-D
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

They will probably digitally de-age his face using CGI. That's what they do with RDJ and Tom Cruise now.

I agree, he is already starting to look "past it" for Bond. Lord knows how he will look in another 2 years from now.

Don't think he looks 'past it' at all.
    Interesting move from EON.

Clearly they want to plant their flag in the ground and remind people that they are back. However, it’s an odd thing for a production company to announce a release date without a distributor in place.

It makes me believe that it may be a negotiation ploy to get a studio to commit (or to force Craig’s hand).

• However…………..the NYT is saying that Craig is in. Unless, you’re a believer that the “failing New York Times” is publishing “fake news”, they’re a very respectable source.

• Meanwhile the Deadline comments section – which is mostly made of sniffy industry vets – seem convinced that Warner Bros. have sealed the deal and got the rights.

But yesterday’s announcement is a whole lot of provocation without much substance. EON likely want to dominate the Hollywood news agenda and build up more anticipation over the “is he in or out” narrative surrounding Craig. Also I suspect they are trying to build on the momentum he received from the first wave of (very positive) Logan Lucky reviews.

I suspect we’ll get a drip-feed of info over August. Baz is probably pissed that his bff Barbara didn’t let him have the scoop, so expect something from him on Friday about Craig.
    https://twitter.com/BazBam/with_replies
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    If Craig is actually returning then he'll only do one more. Ever.

He stated in an interview (back in 2015 maybe) that he would never shoot 2 JB films back-to-back because of how tiresome it would be. Craig's also getting quite old so forget about him returning for B26 in 2022/23 separately too.
    Craig looks as good now as he did - let's say, four years ago. With production starting late 2018 (for example), I can't see him age too much from now to when production starts.

tumblr_om8ta5xsmy1s0gcaio2_500.gif

...And if he looks old, just add puppies!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    His face seems to look younger when he is less stoic, more playful. He looks younger in Spectre than in Skyfall. The longer hair helps, too.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 17,293
    The longer hair work wonders!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,087
    It's not a problem. Like I say, they can de-age his face with computers. He could play the role for another ten years if his Body is in shape for it. Doesn't mean its what's best for the franchise though.
    I'm hoping for a new Bond actor. Like many here, I though SP wrapped up the Craig-arc nicely. Let's have a new actor and an international spy story without the personal issues and childhood links, that's been done.
    It's funny, I wanted Brosnan to do a fifth, and I wanted Dalton to do a third, but if I'm honest, as good as the (three at least) Craig films were, he never became Bond properly for me. Not in the same way the previous two did.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Another four year gap? Craig's going to surpass Moore in time spent as 007, but with two fewer films (I expect this to be his last). But there's just way too much of a gap between each of his Bond flicks.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 3,164
    MI6-HQ admins seem to be hearing the same re: Babs/MGW selling Bond off after 25:

shamanimal wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a new Bond actor. Like many here, I though SP wrapped up the Craig-arc nicely. Let's have a new actor and an international spy story without the personal issues and childhood links, that's been done.
    It's funny, I wanted Brosnan to do a fifth, and I wanted Dalton to do a third, but if I'm honest, as good as the (three at least) Craig films were, he never became Bond properly for me. Not in the same way the previous two did.

Agreed. I think SP wrapped up the Craig era as well as its ever going to be wrapped up. They may attempt a "take two", but I think its better to protect the era as a whole by limiting the staleness to just SP. Right now Craig has 2 films considered good and 2 films considered mixed to negative.
    Be ready for a Craig Bond 25 and Bond 26

26??? I wonder how that will be called? The balding years?
    If Craig is back I have to admit I'll be disappointed. I don't hate him, but I'd love to get a fresh start again. Oh well...

It probably won't matter to you, but I'm still: convinced we will have a new (i.e. Young) Bond
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117
    I've read this on AJB and I thought simply amazing for a reboot with a new actor as Bond.

"...Craig's Bond die at the end of the movie. The PTS of the next Bond film with a 6-2, dark haired, handsome, cleft-chinned guy in bed with a beautiful blonde. The guy awakens with a shriek. The blonde asks him what's wrong.

"I dreamed that I died," the man says.

"That's terrible, James,". [...]

And you're off and running on the reboot with Nolan. Wow. WOW!

Are you being serious here? Even by P&W standards that's utterly appalling.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Two more years, return of P&W, and people are excited?

Indeed. It's as if all the sins of SP have been forgotten. They have a big job to do to salvage things after SP so I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will but am certainly not going to be dancing round the room just because they have announced a date and that P&W are back. The proof, more than ever this time, has to be in the pudding.

But if I was EON I would see the teenage-girls-wetting-their-knickers-at-the-sight-of-1D-coming-on-stage reaction of some people here as confirmation they can get away with palming us off with more shoddy P&W (the Arthur Daley and Del Boy of scriptwriting) goods as we'll clearly lap anything up.
    Thrasos wrote: »
    So I have some mixed emotions about the news that Purvis and Wade will write the script. On the one hand, yes they have Bond experience, and they wrote many great scenes in the films. But on the other hand, can they top themselves?

After having a hand in SP they'd gain a lot of respect from me if they did.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    And pull back the Scooby Gang.

Excuse me Sir! That's the only announcement I'm interested in hearing. Couldn't give a toss who plays Bond but we need to know as soon as possible IS RORY KINNEAR REPRISING THE ROLE OF TANNER?

That's the only announcement that will give me
    orgasmsssss

Keeping the dream alive:
    It's not a problem. Like I say, they can de-age his face with computers. He could play the role for another ten years if his Body is in shape for it. Doesn't mean its what's best for the franchise though.
    Agreed. I think SP wrapped up the Craig era as well as its ever going to be wrapped up. They may attempt a "take two", but I think its better to protect the era as a whole by limiting the staleness to just SP. Right now Craig has 2 films considered good and 2 films considered mixed to negative.

Although I'm guessing that 'what's best for the franchise' is (utterly coincidentally of course) what's also best for Turner's chances of becoming Bond?

I would rather they start all over again and leave the ending of SP to be Craig's Bond finale.

They now have 2 years to find a new actor etc.

I just hope interest in Bond doesnt die along with the 4 year hiatus,with so many action heroes around at the moment,overtaking him.

No you're not. As a matter fact I think of him as to old since 2012
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6-HQ admins seem to be hearing the same re: Babs/MGW selling Bond off after 25:

Now that's frightening... Bond has always been run like a family business. I dread to imagine what a huge corporation (like, for example, Disney), with very different motivations than EON, would do with Bond...

Dear dear @Mendes4Lyfe :-). Colin Firth is 56. He will reprise his role in "Kingsman". Tom Cruise is 55. He will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt next year for a 6th (!) time. Robert Downey Jr. loves playing the suave Iron Man. He is 52 now. And Hugh Jackman, 48, has already played Logan/Wolverine a whopping 9 (!!) times. So tell me, why is Daniel Craig too old in 2019? This man is incredibly fit, has a 6-pack, is having exquisite acting skills and will now follow Connery's and Moore's footsteps by playing 007 5 times in a row. Add to that the fact that Daniel Craig himself, the one and only, wants to return, and we, Bond fans, should be utterly delighted. Utterly, extremely overjoyed!! :-D

And still his face looks like he has lived three life already.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Maybe, just maybe, for novelty's sake, we'll have two Bond actors in the next film. That's why they're not talking about casting just yet. Daniel Craig AND Aidan Turner are both James Bond in Bond 25, tentatively titled Turnerception.
    The only thing I worry about is if they get a new actor, they might decide to do another e-boot. Because that's what films do these days I think. I'm not a massive fan of superhero movies, but of the ones I've seen, they always seem to re-tell the 'origin' stories every twenty years or so. I just hope they go with a Bond who is just finishing his last mission in the pre-credits, and is off on another in the main film.
    And no 'going rogue' or 'make me disappear' stuff.
    Oh, and if they want to use a new Blofield actor, that's fine too. That's how it's always been done.
    And Bond should be white, male, tall, classically handsome, with a scar on his cheek, clear blue eyes and a black comma of hair falling over his forehead. And he should smoke sixty a day and do speed.
    Yea, I know, it's not going to happen.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    bondjames wrote: »
    Seeing as Baz called it on P&W, shouldn't we expect that he would be the man in the know on Craig. Last I heard he said he was still thinking about it.

Yeah, it's gonna take him about three years to decide! (2015 - 2018) I'd hate to go shopping with Daniel Craig.

Daniel, do you want to buy the tomato ketchup or not?

Well... I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know in three years time.
    gt007 wrote: »

Now that's frightening... Bond has always been run like a family business. I dread to imagine what a huge corporation (like, for example, Disney), with very different motivations than EON, would do with Bond...

same could've been said for Lucasfilm, no?

(then again, while they've been doing an incredible job with the main saga, there's the whole situation with the spinoffs...)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If Babs ends up selling then you can bet your bottom dollar that all the nightmares of purists have a much stronger possibility of manifesting. Babs selling would be the most shocking news to me. I'd sooner bet seeing a flying pig.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    If there is any truth to the rumour about EON selling their stake of the franchise after Bond 25, well, it could make Craig's return more likely. Babs ends her Bond career with her man - Daniel Craig!

I'm not sure MGM would sell its stake, though. MGM - the world's best run studio (heh) - will never surrender Bond! Never! :P The lion has spoken.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bond 25 set for a late 2019 release date.
    Perfect timing, as the wife and I are planning a trip back to the UK then.

As I've said before patience is the key to Bond news. But when it does come, it puts a little smile on your face. ;)
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 3,164
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    If there is any truth to the rumour about EON selling their stake of the franchise after Bond 25, well, it could make Craig's return more likely. Babs ends her Bond career with her man - Daniel Craig!

I'm not sure MGM would sell its stake, though. MGM - the world's best run studio (heh) - will never surrender Bond! Never! :P The lion has spoken.

:lol:

EON selling their stake off would be the ideal in for those wanting Nolan on board - if WB pick up the franchise under Nolan's Syncopy banner maybe, with Nolan himself & Emma Thomas producing all future entries?

If all his interviews and podcasts where he talked about doing Bond (here's a fantastic and best one - http://www.mtv.com/news/podcasts/happy-sad-confused/christopher-nolan/) - he is waiting for that ideal moment where there's gonna be a creative seismic shift.
    This was just polled on YouGov :

The release date for the 25th James Bond movie has just been announced. Which one, if any, of the following is your favourite James Bond actor?

Sean Connery 28%

George Lazenby 1%

Roger Moore 13%

Timothy Dalton 2%

Pierce Brosnan 8%

Daniel Craig 21%

Not applicable, I do not have a favourite James Bond actor 24%

Don't know 3%
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mine's a bundle of Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan all on equal one line, followed closely by Timothy Dalton.
    fanbond123 wrote: »

:lol:

EON selling their stake off would be the ideal in for those wanting Nolan on board - if WB pick up the franchise under Nolan's Syncopy banner maybe, with Nolan himself & Emma Thomas producing all future entries?

If all his interviews and podcasts where he talked about doing Bond (here's a fantastic and best one - http://www.mtv.com/news/podcasts/happy-sad-confused/christopher-nolan/) - he is waiting for that ideal moment where there's gonna be a creative seismic shift.

Sounds incredible. So Writer, Director and Producer? Has anyone had that much control over Bond before, besides Fleming?