No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 1,964
    I really doubt Babs would sell the franchise.

The only positive about selling it would be less waiting time for the next movie.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited July 2017 Posts: 805
    And, just when I thought I was out, I'm sucked right back in again...

So, looks like Craig is back for his swansong (or possibly even Swann song). Hopefully an adaptation of YOLT, with Blofeld dead (or is he?) and a dazed 007 washed up on a topical shore.

Then Warners hand the reins to the blazing hot double act of Nolan and Hardy for a kickass reboot trilogy and watch the internet melt!
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited July 2017 Posts: 805
    Delete

Looks like Craig's back...
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Looks like Craig's back...

No,this is Craig's back :

article-2086469-0F736D0900000578-268_634x601.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    EON are not selling the rights to someone else. I guarantee nothing will become of this.
    Well at least we have definite news. Though have to echo the disappointment at how long we have to wait! After a Director is announced I presume the next major news will be the locations, early next year. Whether Craig is back, am sure he's waiting on script and Director before deciding, so we back in the waiting/speculating game! For me I really hope he does it, as I am not enamoured at all by the names bandied about as his successor!
    I think the next news we will get will confirm Craig, announce the director and the distribution company, and it won't be very long before we hear his news because Eon would not have made this release date announcement without the other pieces now being in place. The distribution deal would have very likely required confirmation of the lead actor (Craig) and, less so, the director.
  • Personally, I hope Craig is a goner! Never liked him. Way too serious and emotional. Bond is escapism, not Freud.

If we do get a new 007, I hope the fun will be brought back to the franchise!
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    mattjoes wrote: »
    His face seems to look younger when he is less stoic, more playful. He looks younger in Spectre than in Skyfall. The longer hair helps, too.

I think the intention in Skyfall was to make him look haggard and old (look at the scene in M's flat - he looks a wreck with those reddened eyes), given the themes of the narrative - hence the close cropped hair which makes him look older.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I really doubt Gabs would sell the franchise.

The only positive about selling it would be less waiting time for the next movie.
    Indeed. Nothing surprises me these days though. The business world is changing fast and if someone is willing to drop a lot of coin on the table, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Having said that, I'm sure EON would be interested in having a competent and dedicated 'steward' for their beloved franchise.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

They will probably digitally de-age his face using CGI. That's what they do with RDJ and Tom Cruise now.

I agree, he is already starting to look "past it" for Bond. Lord knows how he will look in another 2 years from now.
    Watch the PTS of SP. Look around the eye area. Then compare it to photos you see of him walking about on the street. They definitely did touch up in the film and it looked darn obvious to me. One wonders what kind of trickery will be required 2 years from now, let alone 5.

--

Regarding the announcement 1 2 year and 3 months in advance of release, as I mentioned a few pages back this appears to be exactly what they did with SP. The announcement of release date for that film was also done in July, 1 2 year and 3 months prior to release. Coincidence? Or more likely just their modus operandi, so they lock down the release spot in an increasingly crowded winter market. Any studio would want to mark their territory before some other heavy hitter takes it over.

Regarding the NYT: I don't give it any credence whatsoever. EON, Craig or Baz (he's earned it) are the ones I'm waiting to hear from. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks reading Craig's body language as he's grilled on this. Hopefully he's refined his technique since the days of 'wrist slasher'. We don't want any more bad press.
    This was just polled on YouGov :

The release date for the 25th James Bond movie has just been announced. Which one, if any, of the following is your favourite James Bond actor?

Sean Connery 28%

George Lazenby 1%

Roger Moore 13%

Timothy Dalton 2%

Pierce Brosnan 8%

Daniel Craig 21%

Not applicable, I do not have a favourite James Bond actor 24%

Don't know 3%

I am quite surprised about Moore's and Brosnan's showing. They are by far the favorites of just about anyone I know. Especially the females, many of whom seemingly having, just as the boys, a history of having watched them as children/teens with their fathers on videotape/DVD and are still convinced, that Bond should be suave, tall and exceedingly handsome, imagine that.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

They will probably digitally de-age his face using CGI. That's what they do with RDJ and Tom Cruise now.

I agree, he is already starting to look "past it" for Bond. Lord knows how he will look in another 2 years from now.

Dear dear @Mendes4Lyfe :-). Colin Firth is 56. He will reprise his role in "Kingsman". Tom Cruise is 55. He will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt next year for a 6th (!) time. Robert Downey Jr. loves playing the suave Iron Man. He is 52 now. And Hugh Jackman, 48, has already played Logan/Wolverine a whopping 9 (!!) times. So tell me, why is Daniel Craig too old in 2019? This man is incredibly fit, has a 6-pack, is having exquisite acting skills and will now follow Connery's and Moore's footsteps by playing 007 5 times in a row. Add to that the fact that Daniel Craig himself, the one and only, wants to return, and we, Bond fans, should be utterly delighted. Utterly, extremely overjoyed!! :-D

That's because Wolverine, Iron Man, those roles are associated only with those actors. Craig is just another pawn playing Bond. And I don't doubt that he's great, but his stay is becoming a little over welcomed.

RE: Babs selling off Bond, honestly I hope it happens. Then we're truly in for a fresh start. That would probably be the end of NP&W at least.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Babs won't sell Bond. Put that to rest.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,512
    Why do people keep saying release is 1 year 3 months away. It's Nov 19. That's 2 years 3 months away.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying release is 1 year 3 months away. It's Nov 19. That's 2 years 3 months away.
    My mistake. Will fix it. Impossible to contemplate that's it's still 2 full years away after this long I suppose.
    From a sentimental perspective IT would be a shame if Babs and MGW sold up but from the perspective of the series it might not be the worst outcome.

Babs and MGW have had some hits but overall their tenure in charge has been slightly underwhelming. Missed opportunities and too much of a sense of Bond always rushing to catch up.

bondjames wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    My mistake. Will fix it. Impossible to contemplate that's it's still 2 full years away after this long I suppose.

I know...depressing isn't it.

Getafix wrote: »
    From a sentimental perspective IT would be a shame if Babs and MGW sold up but from the perspective of the series it might not be the worst outcome.

Babs and MGW have had some hits but overall their tenure in charge has been slightly underwhelming. Missed opportunities and too much of a sense of Bond always rushing to catch up.
    For me, the sentimentality resides in the pre Brosnan era. That is old school Bond. It ended with Dalton. So I wouldn't mind a sale down the road, as long as it goes to someone with a love of the franchise.
    Why are people still in denial? He's coming back for Bond 25. Period.
    Will he be going rogue?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    vzok wrote: »
    Will he be going rogue?

Most assuredly.
    vzok wrote: »
    Will he be going rogue?
    Haha. Given the writers and past behaviour, I think it's probably safe to make that assumption.
    Oh God,i'm not sure I can face another emotional,going rogue film.
    "Bond, I need to know if I can trust you."
    mattjoes wrote: »
    "Bond, I need to know if I can trust you."

Pass me the sick bucket.

Why is there talk of MGW and BB selling up? Have I missed something?
    Craig looks as good now as he did - let's say, four years ago. With production starting late 2018 (for example), I can't see him age too much from now to when production starts.

tumblr_om8ta5xsmy1s0gcaio2_500.gif

...And if he looks old, just add puppies!

Craig looks great. Seriously. He could easily do another two Bonds. Girls love him, men want to be him. He has a rugged handsome look which is why he's so unique in an era of baby-faced boys.