No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

ATLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god for something OFFICIAL as little as it is. I sincerely hope and still believe that Daniel Craig will be in the role for one last adventure.

Personally I believe now that Bond 25 WILL carry on from Spectre, and hope to round off Bond's tenure that Felix Leiter will return for another hurrah. I don't think Blofeld however should be the main villain though. He should be in the background and have a new antagonist in the limelight.

Now I know everyone see's the DC timeline as something new, However? This is how I see it? Having said that and pointing to the above? Having Blofeld back in Spectre and linking the whole DC films together.

I reckon it will play on the whole torture scene where Bond forgets who Blofeld is? So DC's tenure sits before Connery's films for me. Then whoever is announced in the future as Bond number 7? They would come after the Brosnan era.

Thanks for the announcement at last EON!!!!!! Shame it's a 4 year gap! However you waited foe Mendes! So I assume your waiting for Craig this time around!
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,162
    RC7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying release is 1 year 3 months away. It's Nov 19. That's 2 years 3 months away.
    My mistake. Will fix it. Impossible to contemplate that's it's still 2 full years away after this long I suppose.

I find it a little perplexing.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    Craig looks as good now as he did - let's say, four years ago. With production starting late 2018 (for example), I can't see him age too much from now to when production starts.

tumblr_om8ta5xsmy1s0gcaio2_500.gif

...And if he looks old, just add puppies!

Craig looks great. Seriously. He could easily do another two Bonds. Girls love him, men want to be him. He has a rugged handsome look which is why he's so unique in an era of baby-faced boys.

Maybe in your part of the world. In mine the younger the women get, the less they are fond of his looks. Yet they are very much into Matt Damon,who is only a couple of years younger. The boys by the way seem to have a strong preference for the Mission impossible movies however. And they are all awed by the fact that cruise is doing his daredevil stunts himself.
    Mind you, I don't say they hate Craig, but they never mention him. Neither do they ever talk about SF and Sp.

When you say 'your part of the world', you of course mean 'your own mind'. We get it. You've established your forum 'identity', don't over egg it.

I am not sure about you, but I can ensure you that I'm quite able to differ between the world, my mind or even my wishes. But I tell you something. Just give me one reason why young people (let's say under 30) should admire him or his take of Bond. And please don't mention his body since nowadays just about everyone on the screen is packed and ripped as hell ( almost all the young people I know are in sport clubs and certainly to them his physique is nothing to talk about.)
    Murdock wrote: »
    An adaptation of the YOLT novel with a final match between Craig and Waltz would be delicious.

A very faithful adaptation. I could dig it.
    gt007 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Rumour to ponder over - http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/25/bond-talk-after-dark-emergency-bond-25-edition
    On the less official front, I have read thoughts from someone I believe to be close wth the production that the Broccolis are looking to do one more Bond then sell the franchise off, a la George Lucas/Star Wars/Disney

If this transpires, then - all the more reason for 25 to be an end-of-an-era/one last ride swan song for Craig that's hyped as such, and for Nolan to do 26

I doubt Barbara would ever sell Bond.

Agreed. This would be akin to spitting on her family heritage. The specter of Cubby would not be pleased.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    An adaptation of the YOLT novel with a final match between Craig and Waltz would be delicious.

NWR will already do that with "The Avenging Silence". :(

MI6-HQ admins seem to be hearing the same re: Babs/MGW selling Bond off after 25:

Now that's frightening... Bond has always been run like a family business. I dread to imagine what a huge corporation (like, for example, Disney), with very different motivations than EON, would do with Bond...

Could well be the beginning of the end...
    Guys, stop saying "Barbara would NEVER sell Bond". Even MI6-HQ have now now basically confirmed that the "producers are planning to sell the Bond franchise" rumour is NOT complete BS.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Could the "the sellling off the franchise" rumour be connected with the earlier "expanded universe" rumour?
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Dennison wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The concept BB and MGW selling the franchise is more than disturbing to me especially with so many insane ideas out there on how to update the character for modern audiences.
    I won't give credit where credit isn't due, so I do believe another producer could easily be stupid enough to subscribe to the code name theory, female Bond concept, etc etc.
    More than likely we might get a trendy current American actor as Bond under different owners. Chris Pratt, Chris Evans etc

Well eventually the copyright to the novels/character will run out and anyone will be able to make a Bond film.

No, that will never be the case with Bond which is protected by both the Ian Fleming Estate and Eon's exclusive film and tv rights.

In the UK author copyright runs out 70 years after the death of the author. Hence anyone can make a production of a Dickens novel, Sherlock Holmes etc.

The Conan Doyle Estate Estate tried to claim that they should get some of the profits from Mr Holmes that starred Ian McKellen. They didn't get any of the profit because of the above reason.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Maybe The Avenging Silence is B25. ;)
  • Getafix wrote: »
    Please see my additional comments above. Not saying this isn't from EON just that there have been disappointments previously.

Does the release date normally come before the announcement of everything else?

Sometimes, but not always.

For Quantum, the first thing announced was a release date (May 2008). At that point, there was no director attached. Later, it got moved back to the fall of 2008.

At one point, Eon announced Peter Morgan and Purvis & Wade as writers of Bond 23 (later Skyfall). I forget if there was a release date or not.

For SPECTRE, there was a July 2013 announcement with release date, return of Sam Mendes as director.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    "Bond, I need to know if I can trust you."

I only hope he can take his ego out of the equation...
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    The concept BB and MGW selling the franchise is more than disturbing to me especially with so many insane ideas out there on how to update the character for modern audiences.
    I won't give credit where credit isn't due, so I do believe another producer could easily be stupid enough to subscribe to the code name theory, female Bond concept, etc etc.
    More than likely we might get a trendy current American actor as Bond under different owners. Chris Pratt, Chris Evans etc

Well eventually the copyright to the novels/character will run out and anyone will be able to make a Bond film.

No, that will never be the case with Bond which is protected by both the Ian Fleming Estate and Eon's exclusive film and tv rights.

In the UK author copyright runs out 70 years after the death of the author. Hence anyone can make a production of a Dickens novel, Sherlock Holmes etc.

Yes, but like Batman, Superman etc. Bond's rights are very, very tightly bound up with an an estate and film company etc.; so it's not so simple. For example; only DC thru Warners can produce Superman and Batman, and those two characters were created a long time before Bond. Tarzan is also very well protected way over a hundred years since the character was created.
    Guys, stop saying "Barbara would NEVER sell Bond". Even MI6-HQ have now now basically confirmed that the "producers are planning to sell the Bond franchise" rumour is NOT complete BS.

Well in the early 1990s Cubby almost sold up.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    jake24 wrote: »

Maybe The Avenging Silence is B25. ;)

Woooooooooow
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,079

Maybe that's why they need Craig - handing over the reins to WB or whoever. A "one picture deal" to help with the transition. Then the handover takes place, and Nolan is primed to start out with a new actor. Then Nolan could produce the Bond films after that, if he doesn't feel like directing more than one. Just a thought.

I think it could go either way, but I've always viewed Bond as a prestige franchise. The Avengers, Fast and Furious and Transformers may make a billion with each entry, but Bond has that link span over half a century. Not to say the films aren't profitable, but that's not really the reason to acquire this franchise in particular. I think being the bearer of Bond is more to do with pride or vanity than it is to do with raw money making potential. Or maybe a bit of both.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Barbara didn't go through all the trouble to acquire the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE just to put the James Bond film franchise on sale, just now. Think logical. Bond is their livelihood, how on Earth would they even sell that?

MI6-HQ.com reported the Bond #7 rumour of last year very thoroughly, even repeating the claims of Tom Hiddleston being very close to closing negotiations for the role of Bond. We know how that turned out.
  • RC7RC7
    Why do people keep saying release is 1 year 3 months away. It's Nov 19. That's 2 years 3 months away.
    My mistake. Will fix it. Impossible to contemplate that's it's still 2 full years away after this long I suppose.

Craig looks as good now as he did - let's say, four years ago. With production starting late 2018 (for example), I can't see him age too much from now to when production starts.

Craig looks great. Seriously. He could easily do another two Bonds. Girls love him, men want to be him. He has a rugged handsome look which is why he's so unique in an era of baby-faced boys.

Maybe in your part of the world. In mine the younger the women get, the less they are fond of his looks. Yet they are very much into Matt Damon,who is only a couple of years younger. The boys by the way seem to have a strong preference for the Mission impossible movies however. And they are all awed by the fact that cruise is doing his daredevil stunts himself.
    Mind you, I don't say they hate Craig, but they never mention him. Neither do they ever talk about SF and Sp.

When you say 'your part of the world', you of course mean 'your own mind'. We get it. You've established your forum 'identity', don't over egg it.

I am not sure about you, but I can ensure you that I'm quite able to differ between the world, my mind or even my wishes. But I tell you something. Just give me one reason why young people (let's say under 30) should admire him or his take of Bond. And please don't mention his body since nowadays just about everyone on the screen is packed and ripped as hell ( almost all the young people I know are in sport clubs and certainly to them his physique is nothing to talk about.)

The classic @noSolaceleft - 'just one reason'. Do you mean a subjective rationale that you'll immediately counter with your own? I don't give two tosses about his body, he's a fantastic actor who has brought a unique interpretation. I couldn't care less if 'da kidz' don't like it. They can carrying on listening to Drake and making YouTube videos. I'll go for the Whisky and shagging beautiful women.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Barbara didn't go through all the trouble to acquire the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE just to put the James Bond film franchise on sale, just now. Think logical. Bond is their livelihood, how on Earth would they even sell that?

MI6-HQ.com reported the Bond #7 rumour of last year very thoroughly, even repeating the claims of Tom Hiddleston being very close to closing negotiations for the role of Bond. We know how that turned out.

Agreed. Most ridiculous rumor of the day.
    But you know... they'll print anything these days
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    The Canadian premiere of 'Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool' and the world premiere of 'Kings' will both take place at the Toronto Film Festival in September 2017.

Judi Dench ('Victoria and Abdul') and Christoph Waltz ('Downsizing') will also have films screening at the festival, as will Rachel Weisz ('Disobedience').

Assuming they are all going to be present, there's going to be a hell of a lot of Bond 25 questions, if no other news is announced between now and then.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Awesome, I was planning on going this year. Definitely want to catch Kings.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 154
    I'm so giddy right now. Bring on Bond 25! :-bd
    pVNHBPgl.jpg

If recent news reports of Babs are to be believed, the property IS a lady. Bond is back -- and she'll have her Bond boys with her!

I'll go for the Whisky and shagging beautiful women.

I bet you would.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    00Agent wrote: »

Agreed. Most ridiculous rumor of the day.
    But you know... they'll print anything these days
    It's not only the printing, mate. It's "they'll believe anything these days" that's the major issue, knowing how ridiculously idiotic the media has gotten nowadays. They'll believe that.

Remember how 2012 was going to be end of the world? Yeeeaaah.
    MI6-HQ admins seem to be hearing the same re: Babs/MGW selling Bond off after 25:

Now that's frightening... Bond has always been run like a family business. I dread to imagine what a huge corporation (like, for example, Disney), with very different motivations than EON, would do with Bond...

I'm afraid I feel that way with B25 being the final "real" James Bond Eon Productions movie.
    I suppose the reason I'm so dead against new owners buying the franchise is because, to me, Bond has been very dis-respected by the media the past few years.
    So many articles claiming Bond needs to be reinvented is a blatant dis-respect that Batman, Spiderman, etc don't seem to get. I have never seen an article endorsing Gillian Anderson as the next Bruce Wayne, yet Bond gets this s*** all the time.
    Cubby was always very protective of Bond and didn't want anyone coming in to screw it up.
    If skyfall is tswlm and spectre is moonraker (an apt comparison in some ways) then in terms of tone bond 25 should be craig's fyeo. Maybe do a proper tmwtgg esque film with idris elba as a villain?

I'm afraid I feel that way with B25 being the final "real" James Bond Eon Productions movie.
    I suppose the reason I'm so dead against new owners buying the franchise is because, to me, Bond has been very dis-respected by the media the past few years.
    So many articles claiming Bond needs to be reinvented is a blatant dis-respect that Batman, Spiderman, etc don't seem to get. I have never seen an article endorsing Gillian Anderson as the next Bruce Wayne, yet Bond gets this s*** all the time.
    Cubby was always very protective of Bond and didn't want anyone coming in to screw it up.

Bond is a target for all of the maniacal attacks because he would be the prize trophy for the lunatics' case. Toppling Bond would be as big a cultural blow as they could possibly strike. And that is why he must be defended to the last ditch.
    No need to worry, Bond will be in very safe hands.
    2013-01-10-christopher_nolan-e1357808652935.x40206.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,079
    No need to worry, Bond will be in very safe hands.
    2013-01-10-christopher_nolan-e1357808652935.x40206.jpg

If Nolan got Bond 26, do you think he'd still get Hardy at 45?
  • RC7RC7

I'll go for the Whisky and shagging beautiful women.

I bet you would.

You wouldn't? I mean I've never been a fan of Drake, so hard to comment.