No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

If they had to recast Bond urgently, EON would not have announced Bond #25 in a way like they did yesterday. I think EON is at least pretty sure they can properly start writing the screenplay or story treatment now, for which you don't need too many actors if you're more or less sure that Craig returns. It's just that by doing so they probably give themselves a bit more time to contract all the actors. Makes me think that EON does not only want Craig to return, but the entire MI6-family and the most important SPECTRE-member
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    If Craig is back I have to admit I'll be disappointed. I don't hate him, but I'd love to get a fresh start again. Oh well...
    Birdleson wrote: »

Also big news then. I know a lot of people aren't happy about SP or Craig in it, but I'm pretty glad he is coming back. Almost all the names that have been tossed around for Bond lately really don't seem like a good fit IMO. Maybe just having a new director will be enough to spice things up for Bond 25.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »

Also big news then. I know a lot of people aren't happy about SP or Craig in it, but I'm pretty glad he is coming back. Almost all the names that have been tossed around for Bond lately really don't seem like a good fit IMO. Maybe just having a new director will be enough to spice things up for Bond 25.

I'm getting orgasmsssss guys ☺️. Listening "Snow Plane" by Thomas Newman on repeat!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    You know what it is:
    There are two possibilities here
    1) craig has decided to return but is waiting till after all the logan lucky press is over because the makers of logan lucky told him not to announce that hes coming back to bond otherwise it will overshadow their film during its press run

2) Nolan has been decided to direct Bond 25 but much like the example below, hes waiting till everythinf on dunkirk is over before announcing so it doesnt overshadow his own film

Just some thoughts
    Mixed emotions. I love DC as Bond, he's been brilliant.

But his arc has been very poorly handled.

A standalone mission would do me, continuity be damned.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Madeline, Madeline who?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    An adaptation of the YOLT novel with a final match between Craig and Waltz would be delicious.
    They could simply use a throwaway line to mention Bond and Swann are no longer together for whatever reason. I would like to see Blofeld again at least.
    Unbelievable news! I'm beside myself with excitement!
    Wouldn't mind if this Craig news was bogus and we got a fresh start though.
    So Craig will be back. Great news! Everything is falling into place for a Christopher Nolan directed Bond 26 (or Bond 27, depending on whether these back-to-back rumors are true or not).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Great news! Everything is falling into place for a Christopher Nolan directed Bond 26

The is the one and only positive I can see coming from a fifth Craig film. At least Nolan can still come in 2022.

If Craig is back with P&W writing the script, my expectations for Bond 25 are so tremendously low.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 3,164
    Rumour to ponder over - http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/25/bond-talk-after-dark-emergency-bond-25-edition
    On the less official front, I have read thoughts from someone I believe to be close wth the production that the Broccolis are looking to do one more Bond then sell the franchise off, a la George Lucas/Star Wars/Disney

If this transpires, then - all the more reason for 25 to be an end-of-an-era/one last ride swan song for Craig that's hyped as such, and for Nolan to do 26
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    antovolk wrote: »
    Rumour to ponder over - http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/25/bond-talk-after-dark-emergency-bond-25-edition
    On the less official front, I have read thoughts from someone I believe to be close wth the production that the Broccolis are looking to do one more Bond then sell the franchise off, a la George Lucas/Star Wars/Disney

If this transpires, then - all the more reason for 25 to be an end-of-an-era/one last ride swan song for Craig that's hyped as such, and for Nolan to do 26

I doubt Barbara would ever sell Bond.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,619

NOLAN AND HIS PRODUCER WIFE ARE GOING TO BUY THE BOND FRANCHISE!!! ;)
    I have a gut feeling that Steven Soderbergh will do it. We know how co-producer Daniel Craig works (and he IS co-producer). He worked heavily with Steven last year and this year, and is en route to some big promo/premiere visits next month. Probably Daniel called Babs and said: "Hey Babs, what bout Soderbergh? Just working with him on the film 'Logan Lucky' you know, and he lovesss Bond. Even wrote this oped bout 'OHMSS'. Loves car racing as well. Good idea?". And we know Babs off course, since she's in deep love with Danny: "Perfect. Done!" My gut feeling is that this could have happened ;-).
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    According to the Everything or Nothing doco - Barbara said Cubby was going to sell in the fallow 90-94 period. But then got financial partners he trusted on board. I doubt she will sell either though.
    @Gustav_Graves Hoping you are right, Soderbergh would be the prerfect choice to direct a Bond film starring Craig right now.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 386
    SS steering breezily through the cluster**** of Craig's narrative arc would be fine with me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't believe what I'm reading here.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    SS steering breezily through the cluster**** of Craig's narrative arc would be fine with me.

I agree. He at least makes short films.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I can't keep up with this damn thread. A day passes and there are at least five new pages worth of posts.

Oh, release date. Alright then!
    Robcraine wrote: »
    I think Daniel will be back. With Skyfall and SPECTRE he cleared his diary for a substantial time beyond prep/filming so he could have an active role in development / story etc, albeit with Sam Mendes. End of 2019 allows him to have this and next year on outside projects. If it proves his final Bond, he will want, again, a substantial role in development of the picture and the time necessary.

Welcome to the forum!

Many thanks! :-)
    I want Craig to return but his performance must be in the vein of his first three Bond films. I am quite possibly foolishly thinking that Craig is going to return to the style of his original portrayal - a darker, more cynical tone. I'm hoping that if they reference Madeline either leaving him or dying that he will become darker and less Mooresque again. Oh yes and leave the damn "Scooby gang" out of it and have them confined to their offices for gods sake!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I feel the 4 year gap is cause they want to get back all they key players from Spectre to continue/finish the story of Bond 25. Give the actors an extra year to clear their schedules for 2019. Thats how I see it.

That would be a disaster.

Exactly. L
    Be ready for a Craig Bond 25 and Bond 26

200.gif
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I Have been saying for ages that Craig has two more in him if he wants to. Don't rule it out.

The history of the series shows EON are usually very reluctant to let a good Bond go. I'm fairly sure Craig is coming back for at least one more. Whatever is said and done about the release of B25 I wouldn't be surprised if he returns for B26 as well.

Forget the wrist slasher comments - as time has passed I thinks he's come to enjoy the whole 'being Bond' thing a lot more.

Back to back seems unlikely but wrapping up Blofeld in a single film also seems a little abrupt.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,598
    ...well, actually, seeing one or two of the supporting cast return to their homes and receiving a call from Bond would be alright but not in the field again. Ben Wishaw is a great Q and the thing is that he requires some character movement and if it isn't given to him then he may leave the role. The same goes for Fiennes.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Bounine wrote: »
    Ben Wishaw is a great Q and the thing is that he requires some character movement and if it isn't given to him then he may leave the role. The same goes for Fiennes.

which is why i found it hilarious that in early drafts for SP, the Max Denbeigh character was originally supposed to be Mallory - but Fiennes nixed that plan, as he didn't want to be yet another villain... it really adds more layers to his character, the connection to Spectre, and just how deep the corruption went - that they actually infiltrated MI6... but no, instead we get a one off character who you know is a baddie before it's even revealed.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

I would rather they start all over again and leave the ending of SP to be Craig's Bond finale.

They now have 2 years to find a new actor etc.

I just hope interest in Bond doesnt die along with the 4 year hiatus,with so many action heroes around at the moment,overtaking him.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,087
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is concerned that Craig may have aged considerably by the end of 2019 ?

They will probably digitally de-age his face using CGI. That's what they do with RDJ and Tom Cruise now.

I agree, he is already starting to look "past it" for Bond. Lord knows how he will look in another 2 years from now.