No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm sure they're all cognizant of the Brosnan fiasco, and will do their best to make the change (whenever that occurs) very smooth and clean.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Guys, The NY Times is reporting it. Craig is coming back.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria

Surprised at the Times. Did EON say DC was back? No. Til then, it's just speculation. No confirmation. No story here.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    =bg= wrote: »

Surprised at the Times. Did EON say DC was back? No. Til then, it's just speculation. No confirmation. No story here.

This x100. If it wasn't that big of an issue, they would've added Craig to the confirmation announcement today. We'll see how it pans out in the coming months.

Wait I thought Aidan Turner was the new James Bond
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

I also have my own sources, but this is the only Publicy available confirmation for you.
    Didn't the NYT article talk about wrist cutter as well? It's bollocks. Unnamed sources.
  • From Variety.
    //However, some insiders believe that there is a good chance Craig will return for at least one more outing as 007.//

If they were really insiders, you'd think they'd know, rather than believe.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    Daniel... will you return for Bond 25?

Stories-Carla-Money-Bag.png

I'll take that as a "yes." Thanks for the candid response! :P

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A clean break with Bond#25 in 2019, followed by a do-able 3 year gap for that actors second film with Bond#26, on the series' 60th anniversary.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I feel the 4 year gap is cause they want to get back all they key players from Spectre to continue/finish the story of Bond 25. Give the actors an extra year to clear their schedules for 2019. Thats how I see it.
    I agree, may be an unpopular opinion but I'd like to see a finale for Craig that's actually hyped as one.

Lol, and from all the director talk these last bunch of pages feels like the best option for most of you will be Barbara doing what Simon Kinberg did on X-Men and directing it herself? Haha
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    they finally gave it up 2019 it is. They clearly have a first draft & know who's starring and directing.

Not necessarily, re: first draft. When SPECTRE's release date was announced in July 2013, they didn't have a first draft. They had a treatment. But the first draft wasn't finished until March 2014.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    A clean break with Bond#25 in 2019, followed by a do-able 3 year gap for that actors second film with Bond#26, on the series' 60th anniversary.

Hope so.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Whoever plays Bond in 2019, it will be the last time that Connery + Moore have more outings between them than the other 4 (or 5) other Bond actors. By Bond 26 Sean and Rog will represent 50% of the franchise, and once we reach Bond 27, there'll have been more Bond films without either Connery or Moore.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    they finally gave it up 2019 it is. They clearly have a first draft & know who's starring and directing.

Not necessarily, re: first draft. When SPECTRE's release date was announced in July 2013, they didn't have a first draft. They had a treatment. But the first draft wasn't finished until March 2014.
    Coincidental timing. Announcing the release date in July two years prior. So this could just be 'business as usual' and perhaps Nov 2019 was always what they had in mind irrespective of other factors.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ... now that Deadline has weighed in, my fear of DC not being in the tux has been put on ice (their sources say he will be doing the last in his contract (which, from what i remember, was a first right of refusal)):

http://deadline.com/2017/07/james-bond-movie-release-date-bond-25-1202134913/
    @peter, am I reading that correctly? "Expected to return"? Surely that's not the same as returning. There's no confirmation there.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If Craig/EON are waiting until LL press is done with before announcing he is back for Bond, why release the date of the film now? Seems odd to me. I still think pretty much anything could result from this news.
    I don't mind Craig as Bond but a four year gap is ideal time to recast. Recasting is potentially more exciting than Craig returning? I think so. Sure, the new guy might suck but there's bound to be a few decent action scenes in Bond 25 so that will keep you happy!

I think it's time to recast. Some people adore Craig's era, fair enough... but I truly believe it's time to move on. Bring on Bond actor#7. :)
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I don't mind Craig as Bond but a four year gap is ideal time to recast. Recasting is potentially more exciting than Craig returning? I think so. Sure, the new guy might suck but there's bound to be a few decent action scenes in Bond 25 so that will keep you happy!

I think it's time to recast. Some people adore Craig's era, fair enough... but I truly believe it's time to move on. Bring on Bond actor#7. :)
    They tend not to suck out of the gate. On the contrary actually. Sucking historically tends to start a bit later in the tenure.
    First time we've had a 4 then 3 then 4 year gap.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Didn't the NYT article talk about wrist cutter as well? It's bollocks. Unnamed sources.

Bamigboye's March story about Purvis and Wade also had unnamed sources and it turned out to be right.

If you're going to do a story before the announcement, you pretty much have to use unnamed sources. The question is how good is the news outlet. The Daily Mail has a trashy reputation but Bamigboye seems to be connected to what's going on.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,115
    bondjames wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Coincidental timing. Announcing the release date in July two years prior. So this could just be 'business as usual' and perhaps Nov 2019 was always what they had in mind irrespective of other factors.

The point is, there was no first draft at the time of the 2013 announcement. They had a treatment. That's a fact. It came out in the Sony hacks.

You're assuming they have a first draft because of today's announcement. Nobody here knows.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, I've always said that I'd like DC to have one, last, great film, however--

Historically, on this forum, I said I wouldn't believe anything, until Deadline posted something.

I've been reading this website since it's inception and it seems to be on the correct side of the ledger 95% of the time.

And when they say DC's "expected to return", I would advise you to "expect" DC's return.
    I'm curious who's directing. I think it'll be someone unexpected.
  • BTW, re: Deadline. The "is expected" construction translates to "we haven't confirmed it yet." When they do confirm it, the construction becomes "has learned," "has confirmed," or something like that.
    I hope Martin Campbell comes back to direct and finish out Craig's tenure. Would be awesome. That or a new director I hope (NOT Nolan or Tarantino).
    Campbell is a strong possibility and best choice as of now imo . The film will be golden if he helms I think based on recent buzz they tried to get Nolan to do it he is free at the moment I believe.
    @AlexanderWaverly, point taken. I'm not assuming anything about a script btw. I have no idea what stage they're at with it.

My point is that the SP release date announcement was made on July two years before the film's release based on your post. The same thing is happening now for B25. That could suggest that this announcement is just a procedural thing, because they always intended to have the film in the theatres in Nov 2019 and needed to lock the date down - so they announce that fact 1.5 yrs before release as before.
    ----

@peter, fair enough. As I said before, there is no surprise or 'wow' factor to a Craig return at this point. It's been baked in since April when the rumour mill started churning. There really hasn't been anything to the contrary about him since (despite our ongoing playful speculation here). The only question has been the release date, distributor and director.

So for me, the real surprise and the fun, will be if we are getting Bond actor #7.

I still don't read anything in the "expected to return" comment as a result. Isn't that what we've been reading since April after all? So who out there in the press doesn't expect it? It's almost like saying night follows day.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @AlexanderWaverly, my first inclination was to believe that DC wasn't coming back-- although I did want him to.

One of the most respected, if not THE most respected film industry resources, tells its readership to expect DC back? I go banco...