Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    peter wrote: »
    yes, @bondjames , unfortunately what you say above is a hundred per cent. Imagine how Russia, China, India and Pakistan will take to a gay leading man in a Bond film...

It's a global market.

Nail on the head. You forgot to include some parts of America in that too!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @Germanlady, @peter, @bondsum.

@NickTwentyTwo, I'm sorry to offend. That was not my intention. I am just telling it the way it is, & not the way it should be. I'm not passing judgement here.

There will be a time when it won't be an issue, but we are long way from that. I believe EON/MGM are mindful of that, as they should be.

EDIT: A psychic has now weighed in with her visions.
    https://www.hofmag.com/sam-heughan-next-james-bond/220009
    I have a new contender but in 30 years: my son. He's going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up. All he needs to have until then is acting experience. And he has actors from both sides of his family so he's likely to be talented. And his mum is English.

No but more setiously any unknown to bring forward?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks @Germanlady, @peter, @bondsum.

@NickTwentyTwo, I'm sorry to offend. That was not my intention. I am just telling it the way it is, & not the way it should be. I'm not passing judgement here.

There will be a time when it won't be an issue, but we are long way from that. I believe EON/MGM are mindful of that, as they should be.

EDIT: A psychic has now weighed in with her visions.
    https://www.hofmag.com/sam-heughan-next-james-bond/220009

Probably a typo. Should read psychotic.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,526
    @bondjames the others here are right, you were never out of line. @Germanlady you're 100% correct too, that it's a subject at all is what disappoints me the most. Sorry for my reaction towards you.
    6a00d83451f25369e20168e710d538970c-pi
    Back to the topic at hand. :)
    @NickTwentyTwo, no worries. That image reminds me of the ending of SP. All's well that ends well. Only pussy was missing.

I'm anxious for some new names on this thread. personally. We've been regurgitating the same candidates for many pages. Surely there must be some up and comers on UK TV or somewhere that we've missed.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    After seeing fassbender in Prometheus I think he will make the perfect bond. He kind of looks how Fleming described bond and he is pretty smooth. He is kind of getting old for the part so they would have to act fast, get their shit together, and make a couple of movies otherwise if he goes the Craig route he will be like 55 at his third film
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After seeing fassbender in Prometheus I think he will make the perfect bond. He kind of looks how Fleming described bond and he is pretty smooth. He is kind of getting old for the part so they would have to act fast, get their shit together, and make a couple of movies otherwise if he goes the Craig route he will be like 55 at his third film

I was sold on Fassbender the moment I saw the bar scene in 'X-Men: First Class' in theaters. He's the one actor I immediately think of when I contemplate who will play the next 007.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited May 2017 Posts: 972
    Like I said, Daniel Gillies is top contender for me. Do any of you guys even watch The Originals? I'm like the only one here who notices this guy.

Whenever I watch the show and see him move and talk, all I see is Bond.

33864907454_90742a2650_b.jpg
    33897612353_86382bab1c_b.jpg
    34545462382_5cbee41f1c_o.jpg
    34322810550_b58a5330e5_c.jpg
    6a00d83451f25369e20168e710d538970c-pi
    That's brothers for you. :)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I was sold on Fassbender the moment I saw the bar scene in 'X-Men: First Class' in theaters. He's the one actor I immediately think of when I contemplate who will play the next 007.
    Funnily enough, I was sold on Fassbender the minute I first saw him in Eden Lake and thought: That bloke looks like Bond. I hadn't noticed him in anything prior mostly due to his extensive TV work, which is where EON need to be looking for their next Bond, but I could definitely see the potential the small screen time he was given.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'll throw in Tom Ellis once more ,see if there's any interest ;-)
    landscape-1453281237-tv-lucifer-tom-ellis.jpg
    B-QqajCIUAAxk6H.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nope.
    I'll throw in Tom Ellis once more ,see if there's any interest ;-)
    landscape-1453281237-tv-lucifer-tom-ellis.jpg
    B-QqajCIUAAxk6H.jpg

Bears a slight resemblance to a 2005 Clive Owen in that top pic. I must say between him and Daniel Gilles, both of which I've never actually seen in anything before, just based on their styles, I'm started to see actors listed here I could possibly picture as Bond. Unlike most of the names thrown at us in the media.
    No to both for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    He is 6' 2" and Welsh, Dalton approves of this choice.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well he fits the numbers, and as he's gaining popularity with Lucifer, also in the states, it may help him. And his age of course.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd certainly add him to the possible list. Not to be ruled out just yet. Age is creeping up on him, but not an issue yet.
    Not the worse name mentioned by a long shot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not the best by a long shot, either. Dreadful suggestions, both of them.
    Not the best by a long shot, either. Dreadful suggestions, both of them.

That's what I think.....

• RC7RC7
    No. Just, no.
    These two look more like generic thugs than James Bond to me from those photos. Especially that Daniel Gilles fella above. Quite awful

As an example, even Neil Jackson (Mr. Slate), Glenn Foster (Mitchell) and Guy Haines's bodyguard had a far more Bondian look imho.

I'd rather see Daniel Craig return in a direct sequel to SP with Lea Seydoux getting more screen time than these two.
    Fassbender certainly has the acting talent to pull of the role.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    suavejmf wrote: »

Maybe this is controversial, but I don't believe the Bond role is that intensive from a pure performance point of view. Bond keeps things pretty guarded, and only shows sincerity or genuine emotion on occasion. I realize that the Craig era is not like this, but then again I feel that what follows the Craig era will be very different from it.

Maybe this is controversial, but I don't believe the Bond role is that intensive from a pure performance point of view. Bond keeps things pretty guarded, and only shows sincerity or genuine emotion on occasion. I realize that the Craig era is not like this, but then again I feel that what follows the Craig era will be very different from it.

Fair enough. But Fassbender could play it as deep or shallow as required. He looks good, he's cool, has charm and presence etc and also the acting talent on top of this.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Fassbender has definitely been the fan favourite for a decade.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Fassbender, like Hardy has the chops to play the role without breaking a sweat, but they just don't have the look for me. As I previously mentioned I'd love to see Fassbender in a villain role.
    Hardy has the chops to play the role, but you can't have a 5ft 8 actor in the part.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    To me, fassbender looks more like bond then any actor that has played bond. He just looks like what Fleming described, to me at least
    To me, fassbender looks more like bond then any actor that has played bond. He just looks like what Fleming described, to me at least
    I agree. Like Connery there is a slight tinge of cruelty but he is also quite effortlessly handsome in a rugged way.