No Time To Die: Production Diary

17247257277297302563

Comments

  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Posts: 1,187
    RC7 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    This seems very strange. Is IMDb pro edited by users? Who controls it?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Blofeld was left alive for a reason, he will likely return in the next one, he dosent however have to be the main villian.

    With a villain like Blofeld, there was no way he was going to perish in SP after such a long absence in the series. I would've praised SP, however, for having the balls to have Bond execute him on the bridge at the end. Wouldn't have seen it coming whatsoever.
    Now that would have really been something. The perfect sendoff to the Craig era if he had done that and then left with Madeline (which would have meant dropping the rubbish whining she engaged in earlier).
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Michael Caine would make a great M, come to think of it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 35,461
    bondjames wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Blofeld was left alive for a reason, he will likely return in the next one, he dosent however have to be the main villian.

    With a villain like Blofeld, there was no way he was going to perish in SP after such a long absence in the series. I would've praised SP, however, for having the balls to have Bond execute him on the bridge at the end. Wouldn't have seen it coming whatsoever.
    Now that would have really been something. The perfect sendoff to the Craig era if he had done that and then left with Madeline (which would have meant dropping the rubbish whining she engaged in earlier).

    The last we should've seen of Madeleine was when she left Bond in London; finale continues as it did, sans Swann, and ends with Bond executing Blofeld out of the blue, just to turn around and catch Swann running back his way, saying she changed her mind. He throws up the middle finger and walks off, cue credits.

    The movie wouldn't jump up in my rankings with that, but holy hell, would I appreciate it a lot more than I do.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Michael Caine would make a great M, come to think of it.
    Agreed, but since his turn in Kingsman, I don't think he would ever get the role even in a Nolan effort.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    That vacates the role of Q for him.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    Posts: 3,875
    Caine is Hans Oberhauser. He never died in the avalanche. He's the actual actual head of Spectre.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Blofeld was left alive for a reason, he will likely return in the next one, he dosent however have to be the main villian.

    With a villain like Blofeld, there was no way he was going to perish in SP after such a long absence in the series. I would've praised SP, however, for having the balls to have Bond execute him on the bridge at the end. Wouldn't have seen it coming whatsoever.
    Now that would have really been something. The perfect sendoff to the Craig era if he had done that and then left with Madeline (which would have meant dropping the rubbish whining she engaged in earlier).

    The last we should've seen of Madeleine was when she left Bond in London; finale continues as it did, sans Swann, and ends with Bond executing Blofeld out of the blue, just to turn around and catch Swann running back his way, saying she changed her mind. He throws up the middle finger and walks off, cue credits.

    The movie wouldn't jump up in my rankings with that, but holy hell, would I appreciate it a lot more than I do.
    I like the idea, but would prefer if she walked off and never came back. She's hardly memorable, and the film wouldn't have suffered for it.

    Or even better, she doesn't even show up in the London finale and they part ways after Blofeld HQ. Then Bond shows up in the last scene at her house or something (like the ending to the Bourne Identity).
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    Posts: 3,875
    I don't mind her but a stronger well known actress would have had more of an impact.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Posts: 1,187
    Has anyone here actually confirmed it says this on IMDb pro?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 35,461
    I don't mind Seydoux at all, it was just a weak role. I'll be bummed if she's one of the few Bond girls to make a return, as she's definitely one of the weakest, in my eyes. Same thing with Waltz: I was incredibly excited at the prospect of such a phenomenal, terrifying actor playing a villain, only to see the end result, which was poor. He really only seems to shine under Tarantino.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Has anyone here actually confirmed it says this on IMDb pro?

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co

    "Syncopy"
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2017 Posts: 6,221
    Dated May 3 It claims that it's "in development"

  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Is Warner going to get this then?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,571
    That is our very own @BondAficionado. He's just passing on the info heard here.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Bummer. Today's been a real roller coaster for me. Best news I've heard all year, even though I know it's unlikely to be true.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    It's very faint but you can read Bond 25 on the IMDB Pro page.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    Posts: 3,875
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Nolan at the helm, following what we just had, may be the bridge too far for me. The past continues to look brighter.

    But that's also just a general assumption based on his past films. We dont know what his Bond vision is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I've missed you all.
    Posts: 28,417
    This is another instance of not accepting all you hear the minute it's released. You can just tell how much some ache for any tidbit of news, as each rumor larger than a murmur is treated to the tunes of, "Oh, wow, that's amazing!" or, "That's so exciting!" without anything to give it credence.

    As big a fan of Nolan as I am, I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about him taking on Bond. He's so original, I'd rather just see his own original films that watch him jammed into a corner with a formula. There's also the same issue that would exist with Mendes, where he'd want massive control over everything and need a very particular team on board. That being said, I find him to be superior to Mendes in some ways, as he's a writer and knows story beats and what works, and could make out a story with his brother instead of turning to another writer. Mendes always seemed at the mercy of the writers, as he couldn't perform the act himself.

    One of the reasons why I'm more certain than not that this Nolan news isn't true is because of all the rumblings of P&W's months of involvement in scripting Bond 25. If Nolan was on the job, he'd not only prefer jumpstarting a new Bond, he's also want writing duties, likely while bringing his brother in to develop the story. I don't make a Nolan connection when I hear that the main Craig Bond writers are back, alongside all the other signs of a final film in this era. None of it reads like EON are gearing for a fresh start. Nolan certainly respects the series, but I think he'd end up working best outside of Bond. I can't see him tying himself down creatively to do any more than one Bond film, if they can tame him for even that, and I'd only want him if he was in it for a longer haul over at least a trilogy.

    The issue is that, unlike the Batman films, Nolan likely wouldn't have three or four years in between releases to write and develop each Bond script. People are going to want his Bond films out a lot faster, at two year intervals or a small amount more (especially after the latest films and their long waits), which leaves him little time in between Bond to do anything new or original to cleanse his palate. I just don't see him committing to such a schedule where he'd always be Bond focused, and allowed to work on nothing else in a directing position. If he did, I think we'd be forced to wait three to four years for every Bond film he was directing, but instead of the Craig era where that wait only happened for the last two films, it would be the wait for all the films. I can't see fans being excited about that, as the impatience here is more than evidence of.
  • Posts: 10,816
    I really don't think Nolan is the right person to direct Bond - coming from someone who really enjoys Nolan's films. He has a distinct style in almost all his films that just wouldn't fit right with Bond I think...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I've missed you all.
    Posts: 28,417
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I really don't think Nolan is the right person to direct Bond - coming from someone who really enjoys Nolan's films. He has a distinct style in almost all his films that just wouldn't fit right with Bond I think...

    @FoxRox, this is where I stand to, as explained above. Too original to be reigned in, essentially. It's why I'd never want a Tarantino Bond film either: his style makes it such that it'd be impossible. I'd love to see both of them do their own spy films, but the idea of them tackling something like Bond with its own traditions and expectations would only restrict them in some ways that don't excite me. And I don't think they'd like wearing those chains either, or dealing with all the studio drama. It's why the both of them truly run their movies, and are so heavily entrenched in all aspects. They can't settle for not being given the freedom of their vision.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 9,619
    I don't expect it, but Christopher Nolan would suit a film experiment and story arc across two or more films. That would also serve as a kind of break and bridge from the Craig era, on the way toward stand-alone missions.

    Again, I don't expect the producers to go there, it would take almost wholesale approval of his concept and giving him unprecedented creative control of their Bond films.

    Nolan would be interesting. Tarantino, not interested. Too bad for him the McClory rogue missions are over.
  • I don't expect it, but Christopher Nolan would suit a film experiment and story arc across two or more films. That would also serve as a kind of break and bridge from the Craig era, on the way toward stand-alone missions.

    That could be an interesting idea. Give Nolan two films to play around in with Hardy in the tux (or better yet, Fassbender, if the man can be convinced) and let them stand as their own unique take, independent of any existing timelines. This would, as you say, help the producers bridge things as well as give them more time to figure out where to take things narratively down the road—revert to prior timeline? maintain Craig's timeline? reset from both timelines? (or my own way outside the box idea: combine both timelines with Craig's somehow existing pre-Connery so that Bond has both Vesper and Tracy in his past?)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I don't expect it, but Christopher Nolan would suit a film experiment and story arc across two or more films. That would also serve as a kind of break and bridge from the Craig era, on the way toward stand-alone missions.
    I agree and that's why I think he would be great.

    I think Babs would give him a long leash. He's more than proven he can do a superior Bond film, given what he achieved with the Bat (resurrecting it from the dead, which is probably where it's headed back to these days) and Inception.

    The only thing with Nolan which is iffy is his penchant for his regulars on the casting front.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I've missed you all.
    Posts: 28,417
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't expect it, but Christopher Nolan would suit a film experiment and story arc across two or more films. That would also serve as a kind of break and bridge from the Craig era, on the way toward stand-alone missions.
    I agree and that's why I think he would be great.

    I think Babs would give him a long leash. He's more than proven he can do a superior Bond film, given what he achieved with the Bat (resurrecting it from the dead, which is probably where it's headed back to these days) and Inception.

    The only thing with Nolan which is iffy is his penchant for his regulars on the casting front.

    He's also not a great action director, especially when it comes to close quarters fights (you lose sense of the action through how he often fails to capture the action inside the camera's picture box). I think it'd be crucial to have a talented second unit to give him what he wants out of the sequences.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 9,619
    Yeah, I'm expecting the Bond film productions would be hard wired for that with an established second unit.
    Not a concession like letting a director have his chosen name for the score.
  • BennyBenny Classified Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 12,199
    Everything is going as I have foreseen.
    Official news will follow soon enough.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I've missed you all.
    Posts: 28,417
    Benny wrote: »
    Everything is going as I have foreseen.
    Official news will follow soon enough.

    Don't encourage the tin foil hat folks, @Benny. ;) I don't think they can handle more promises of Bond 25's development that are later revealed as conspiracy.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    TELL US!!!....WHAT DO YOU KNOW? WHAT HAS BEEN REVEALED TO YOU??
  • who cares
Sign In or Register to comment.