No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    I have no problem with Nolan directing but I don't want to hear a typical Hans Zimmer score in a Bond movie and I doubt we would get something totally new out of him.

I suppose everyone bashing Zimmer has forgotten about Interstellar, the Dark Knight, Inception, The Last Samurai, Pirates of the Caribbean... one of the best working composers today. Under Nolan he produces incredible scores.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Remember this is someone who turned down Peter Jackson to be a director and some believe she chose Johnathan Pierce (who is a tremendous actor) over Anthony Hopkins
    Big mistakes in both cases imho. Goes to show nobody is infallible.
    So Christopher Nolan is directing Bond 25.
    The trouble now is how do they top this, if it's not true.

Best to shut it down quickly if it's false.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We'll find out sooner or later.
    So he is producing Bond 25 but not directing it? I'm I reading that right?
    Well if Christopher Nolan is directing BOND25 then i will be a happy bunny !
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Wasn't there a tracker once posted here a year ago about B25 Productions, Ltd.? What the production acquires, what establishments it makes, whatever employment they give to people? I suppose if anyone remembers the link to that, we could see if the Syncopy thing is genuine or not, given the registrations.
    Good point.

Are you referring to this? No change here.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149
    From Mendes to Nolan... if we are recasting 007 he likes to use people he has previously worked with so my guess is Cillian Murphy or Tom Hardy as bond number 7
    Give me Fassbender please. Let's not waste time.
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2017 Posts: 10,512
    Can I ask a question? Why, when a 'reputable' internet gossip site picks up a story that was clearly started amongst fans on forums, does it gain credence amongst some of you? They're regurgitating the same waffle that has been going back and forth on here and citing one of our own members. It's the same vortex of swirling BS that we've seen before with helicopters and what not.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Indeed. It still makes for a bit of fun speculating to spend the time. Just as credible (or not) as some Indie nobody that we were discussing a few days back, just a little more interesting.

As I said, if it's not true, they'd better shut this one down fast, otherwise we are in for anticlimactic city.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Indeed. It still makes for a bit of fun speculating to spend the time. Just as credible (or not) as some Indie nobody that we were discussing a few days back, just a little more interesting.

I think the speculation on Nolan is fine, I just wonder if people actually read sometimes.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Why are people saying this is "smoke and mirrors"? That implies that EON would have something to gain from intentionally misleading people and getting peoples hopes up that a Legendary director was about to step in. That sounds like a really dumb move to me. I understand the logic in EON trying to throw people off the scent, but it seems stupid to do so by leading them to believe they're in for something really special.

Maybe this thing is a hoax put up by a random member, but I doubt it's EON themselves playing 4D chess again.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Can I ask a question? Why, when a 'reputable' internet gossip site picks up a story that was clearly started amongst fans on forums, does it gain credence amongst some of you? They're regurgitating the same waffle that has been going back and forth on here and citing one of our own members. It's the same vortex of swirling BS that we've seen before with helicopters and what not.

Oh I don't and I believe this Nolan nonsense is just that however I wouldn't be opposed. The real story is the Paul Mcguin one that one I think is legit but since no one wants to discuss it meh

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    [Commissioner Gordon voice]

He's the rumor MI6 Discussion deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    What about escalation?
    Escalation?
    We start talking McGuigan.
    They raise you Nolan.
    We start talking Annapurna.
    They raise you Warner.
    oh, I didnt know EON Pult out that "rumor"

Sorry Menses, wrong again.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    What about escalation?
    Escalation?
    We start talking McGuigan.
    They raise you Nolan.
    We start talking Annapurna.
    They raise you Warner.

Nice

Eon are selling to Syncopy.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Well if Christopher Nolan is directing BOND25 then i will be a happy bunny !

Me too think Nolan will crush it!
    Chris Nolan is custom built for a Bond film.

In fact, it's a crying shame that he made Batman in 2005, when the producers could have snagged him to do the Bond reboot, before he became a big deal. Even in his own words, he basically made a Bond film with 'Batman Begins'. 'Inception' also stole a lot of the style and set-pieces you'd expect to see in a Bond picture.

Furthermore, Mendes has spent the last 5 years as a Nolan tribute act.

However, this guy writes his own ticket. He's one of the only filmmakers in Hollywood who can get $200m original films greenlit (if not the only guy). Why would you want to do a Bond film? There is certainly a prestige attached, but it's not any sorta acclaim that Nolan hasn't previously ascertained or exceeded. What exactly is his incentive here? If he wants to do a spy film - why not do your own? He'd get the same budget that EON would

Maybe he's had a killer idea and just wants to do a one-off? But Nolan is a "big deal" and likely has a big ego. Does he want to work in EON's sandbox? Would he want to do something with Craig? Are Fiennes, Whishaw and Harris out? Will we get a Bond concept-album film? A special one-off type of deal?

The real question is why are Syncopy involved? It's interesting to note that EON have teamed up with other production companies in the past. MR, CR and SF all had additional companies involved. Though they served a more financial role - if Sycnopy are involved, they would take a lead on the creative side.

Interesting news. But nothing to get too worked up about.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    You get Nolan, good chance you get Zimmer on Soundtrack.
    IMDB removed the B25 credit from Syncopy's page. So everyone calm down...
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Zimmer is the most annoying composer I've ever heard of. His pre-90s work is stellar, but anything after that, he just keeps repeating himself with jumpscare dramatic incidental score that holds no consistency in the ambient melody it's supposed to have (much like every movie score these days). I hope they get us an old fashioned composer who embodies the sound of James Bond in every essence.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Zimmer is the most annoying composer I've ever heard of. His pre-90s work is stellar, but anything after that, he just keeps repeating himself with jumpscare dramatic incidental score that holds no consistency in the ambient melody it's supposed to have (much like every movie score these days). I hope they get us an old fashioned composer who embodies the sound of James Bond in every essence.

Interstellar just sounded like he fell asleep on his keyboard.

Interstellar just sounded like he fell asleep on his keyboard.
    I don't doubt it a bit.