Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Agreed Major,i think Bond's hair needs to be longer too,once Craig has left the role.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @thelivingroyale is a supporter of Adkins for Bond. Having seen Adkins in a handful of films, there is no doubt in my mind that he would be a natural in the fight sequences.
  • shobairshobair London
    Scott adkins is the best choice , he has great martial arts than others . or also we can look for Jason Statham too , he is the best actor and have a perfect martial arts
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This chap looks like the sort of silent heavy that Bond or Bourne would dispatch with relative ease. Does he speak?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Adkins does have the physicality as well as the outstanding Londonery English to speak with. He actually comes close to the masculinity we'd want from Bond to represent and doesn't give in to the rather [to put it in a politically correct manner] less masculine approach of things Hiddleston has.

scott_adkins_wallpaper_6_by_balhirath-d7jx47l.jpg

This'll do Bond good.
    shobair wrote: »
    Scott adkins is the best choice , he has great martial arts than others . or also we can look for Jason Statham too , he is the best actor and have a perfect martial arts
    No to Statham. Like Horowitz once said for Elba, Statham is 'too street' for Bond. And so is Tom Hardy. They'd make great gangsters, SAS/SBS types, henchmen or special forces units in the aid of Bond. But, they wouldn't make good Bonds at all.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm seeing a lot of 'street' in this Adkins fellow to be honest. He almost makes Statham look polished in the photos with the clenched jaw, but I've not seen him act.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Really? I disagree to be honest. Adkins looks and feels like a more distinguished and refined version of Statham, plus with hair (haha!).

jason-statham-pinstripe-suit.jpg

Stath, while very tough and manly, is too 'street' for Bond as I said. Someone who looks he's just introduced very newly to suits. Doesn't have the mannerism nor the demeanor of Bond. Adkins is "less tough" in comparison.
    Adkins is probably in a very similar stage to where Craig was before he became Bond,at the moment.

My only concern is that he is 41 years old in June,compared to Dan was 38 when CR was made.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any non fight clips of him on youtube, which is perhaps telling. I did find this interview below, which perhaps gives some indication of what he could bring. Limited facial expressions here though. There's a lot of Statham in him, except yes, he has hair!

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I looked him up, if it's the same one there's no way he can be Bond without it being a parody. He is way too buff, to rugged looking not suave at all. Might as well get the bloody rock
  • shobairshobair London
    Really? I disagree to be honest. Adkins looks and feels like a more distinguished and refined version of Statham, plus with hair (haha!).

jason-statham-pinstripe-suit.jpg

Stath, while very tough and manly, is too 'street' for Bond as I said. Someone who looks he's just introduced very newly to suits. Doesn't have the mannerism nor the demeanor of Bond. Adkins is "less tough" in comparison.

yeah you right ;) but i mean we have more actors that can replace
    I looked him up, if it's the same one there's no way he can be Bond without it being a parody. He is way too buff, to rugged looking not suave at all. Might as well get the bloody rock
    For a young chap, you exhibit great wisdom, misguided dislike for TB notwithstanding.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Have you forgotten about 2006?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any non fight clips of him on youtube, which is perhaps telling. I did find this interview below, which perhaps gives some indication of what he could bring. Limited facial expressions here though. There's a lot of Statham in him, except yes, he has hair!

Well, actually, Craig did have limited facial expressions too. Particularly in Royale. Hardly ever blinked or made an eyebrow move. All the time, he looked as if he was holding grudge from someone or was pissed off.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 2,730
    I guess then it just comes down to whether for the next couple of films you want to see a smooth Hiddleston type or a more rough bond like Adkins - that's all subjective. Personally if we're going for rough It should be tom hardy
    Adkins reminds me of John Byrne's depiction of James Bond.

tumblr_mp34fzzZjX1s0pt79o1_540.jpg

That looks like dent from dr no
  • shobairshobair London
    edited March 2017 Posts: 85
    at the end i should tell that if Scott Adkins select as a james bond he will play more than 5 movies

Yeah
    Seeing him talk in that clip a few posts up,he does come across as quite an intelligent guy (Adkins i mean) ....i think with a bit of molding and practice he could well play Bond...again its his age that concerns me,he is 41 in June and Dan played Bond in CR at 38...
    Mind you ,from the clips i have seen of Hidds in the new King Kong movie ,he does look beefed up and his voice is very very Bond-like.
    He plays an ex SAS soldier,so if any of you see the new film ,let us know what you think of him in it please ...cheers.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 13,905
    I guess then it just comes down to whether for the next couple of films you want to see a smooth Hiddleston type or a more rough bond like Adkins - that's all subjective. Personally if we're going for rough It should be tom hardy

I've seen The Night Managaer, and I just don't see what makes Hiddleston suitable. I said this before, but I feel that Hiddleston would be more fitting as an oily Alex Dimetrios type / mid-low level villain.
    Hardy, I could see as a physical heavy (too thug-ish for Bond). But he's already done that with Bane.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Hardy is 5ft 8. Too short.
    If nobody here is familiar with Scott Adkins, other than @shobair and myself, it's recommended you watch him in a few films instead of judging his appearance or what you can hear of him during interviews and whatnot.

That picture up there with Adkins with the fist is ten times more suitable for Bond than Hardy will ever be. If he's too muscular, then what is Daniel Craig?
    suavejmf wrote: »

Only a tiny tiny bit shorter than Craig.

2 inches is a lot. 5ft 10 in is an average UK man exactly. 5 ft 8 in is short.
    Maybe,but this is 2017,it wouldnt affect anything...Mel Gibson does alright..
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a Bond that I could pat on the head.
    barryt007 wrote: »

He's not Bond though. He's also not alright now....a washed up rich drunk unfortunately.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 5,131

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a Bond that I could pat on the head.

Ha ha. Exactly. Nick Nacks brother.
    barryt007 wrote: »

He's not Bond though. He's also not alright now....a washed up rich drunk unfortunately.

Yes thats now,but he was offered the job on several occassions apparantly,so im saying that height wasnt an issue then or with Craig.

• shobairshobair London
    Hardy is too tiny . his fitness is poor