Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• shobairshobair London
    Hardy is too tiny . his fitness is poor
    suavejmf wrote: »
    I guess then it just comes down to whether for the next couple of films you want to see a smooth Hiddleston type or a more rough bond like Adkins - that's all subjective. Personally if we're going for rough It should be tom hardy

Hardy is 5ft 8. Too short.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a Bond that I could pat on the head.

Pat Tom Hardy on the head ?!....if you do that i would recommend you RUN !!!

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2017 Posts: 5,131
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Maybe,but this is 2017,it wouldnt affect anything...Mel Gibson does alright..

He's not Bond though. He's also not alright now....a washed up rich drunk unfortunately.

Yes thats now,but he was offered the job on several occassions apparantly,so im saying that height wasnt an issue then or with Craig.

Was he bollocks. Media hype my friend. He would have wanted to much cash anyhow I would guess anyhow. Craig is 3 inches taller....so height is an issue.
    I guess then it just comes down to whether for the next couple of films you want to see a smooth Hiddleston type or a more rough bond like Adkins - that's all subjective. Personally if we're going for rough It should be tom hardy

Ha ha. He's a great actor. I'm not sure he would as hard as he acts.

Like with Craig,i dont think i would like to find out haha !!

Maybe,but this is 2017,it wouldnt affect anything...Mel Gibson does alright..

He's not Bond though. He's also not alright now....a washed up rich drunk unfortunately.

Yes thats now,but he was offered the job on several occassions apparantly,so im saying that height wasnt an issue then or with Craig.

Was he bollocks. Media hype my friend. He would have wanted to much cash anyhow I would guess anyhow. Craig is 3 inches taller....so height is an issue.

He would have been a terrible Bond as well....totally not suited.

Maybe. I'd like to see either of them take on a young Sean though.....
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339

Maybe. I'd like to see either of them take on a young Sean though.....

That would have been a brilliant 'Celebrity Death Match'....might as well throw George in there as well and let the 4 of them go for it !!

George was fairly handy I would think......they both had the height and weight too.
    Very much so...would be quite a spectacle ,with lots of ,er,shall we say 'tomato ketchup' ?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Scott Adkins is the first decent suggestion I've seen in this thread in ages. I don't love him and he probably wouldn't be my ideal choice, but at least he looks and sounds the part. I've no idea if he has the acting chops though. And at 5ft 10 - if the internet is correct - he's a tad too short for Bond. Which is also true for Craig of course, but as I've said I'd like to go back to taller actors.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any non fight clips of him on youtube, which is perhaps telling. I did find this interview below, which perhaps gives some indication of what he could bring. Limited facial expressions here though. There's a lot of Statham in him, except yes, he has hair!

I like Adkins for what he does. I think he has the right voice, physicality and look for Bond but in all the work I've seen him in, I just can't see him in the role of 007 from an acting perspective. I'm also not buying these comparisons to Craig before he was cast. Craig's casting brought credibility because he's always been a phenomenal actor; an actor's actor. No disrespect to Atkinson because he does seem like a nice guy and he does have all the other qualities to be a good Bond buy the acting skill just isn't there. One of the many reasons why FRWL is so great is because of the limited action, we need a Bond that can keep us enthralled and engaged by simply just ordering room service.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As far as the "too muscular" that is very adjustable. It would be no problem for him to train to achieve a less made-in-a-gym look.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I would do it and say, "Shhh...don't be afraid little Bond-man. I am not a giant, just a normal sized person."
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Wow I'm very surprised that Adkins has so much approval. to my eyes, I know he's English but he looks like an American brute that they found in a underground fight club.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wow I'm very surprised that Adkins has so much approval. to my eyes, I know he's English but he looks like an American brute that they found in a underground fight club.
    +1: I'm gonna hang with the smart kid on this one!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I get a Direct-to-video vibe from him.
    talos7 wrote: »

Lol #netflix bond
  • shobairshobair London

Agree with it
  • RC7RC7

Too right.
    RC7 wrote: »

Too right.

Agreed...same here.

• shobairshobair London
    how about these guys ? !!
    Michael Fassbender
    Henry Cavill
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They hate Henry Cavill here, mate. So, just giving you premature answer and saving you the trouble. ;)
    Cavill is tied up in DC otherwise not bad
    Cavill is tied up in DC otherwise not bad
    I also think he'd be great. He made a great Napoleon Solo in The Man from UNCLE and definitely did replicate some of the behavioral attires worn by Robert Vaughn in the original TV series. But, hey... fans see that kind of characters and acting performances here as "wooden".
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yes to Fassbender but no to Cavill. Babs made the right call in '06.
    Tom Hiddleston.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes to Fassbender but no to Cavill. Babs made the right call in '06.

Second to all of that.

Cavill ? no bloody way..

Fassbender..yes !
    I can't imagine how much of a backlash the next chosen actor will be getting in here before anyone sees him in the act... Very few will defend him at first, a segment of us will give him a chance, and others? Well... Remember DanielCraigIsNotBond.Com? or the extreme amount of hatred Brosnan seems to be unjustly getting from many members here? Yep! Nothing's changed.