Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    In the selection process. Hiddleston seems like a plausible choice for the role, not only because he’s white, and a good actor with the right type of reputation (and Eton background and gentlemanly voice/ accent), but also because the man can wear a suit. . And when it comes to James Bond movies, we all know that counts for something. (It counts for a lot, actually.)
    suavejmf wrote: »
    In the selection process. Hiddleston seems like a plausible choice for the role, not only because he’s white, and a good actor with the right type of reputation (and Eton background and gentlemanly voice/ accent), but also because the man can wear a suit. . And when it comes to James Bond movies, we all know that counts for something. (It counts for a lot, actually.)

Definitely,he has the 'style' and 'coolness' to be Bond.
    The only other candidate who has that is Fassbender,I feel.

I wouldn't be against Fassbender. He's definitely a decent and sensible candidate.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Fassbender would be great if he plays the snobbery, sophisticated/upperclass and humorous side of Bond like he played Lt. Hicox in Inglourious Basterds and the intensity/deadliness of a pre-Magneto phase Erik Lensherr in X-Men: First Class.

Hiddleston comes off as too soft for Bond in my opinion. Doesn't have the edge.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Both of these two would be excellent Bonds.

The rest mentioned on here aren't up to the task imho, unless one wants to take this further along the Van Damme/Statham route.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 1,661
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    @CommanderRoss,

I suppose Craig has sort of opened the door for non-conventional looking future Bonds. However, there comes a point when it simply isn't the same character. Pretty much why I've developed the nasty habit of sarcastically suggesting names like Kenny Rogers, Tom Petty, Jason Alexander or Kermit The Frog to take over as Bond..

Technically speaking:

Kermit is American,

A frog,

And green.

Not that automatically excludes him from the part but it's going to be a struggle for him at the Bond audition...

\:D/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Fassbender would be great if he plays the snobbery, sophisticated/upperclass and humorous side of Bond like he played Lt. Hicox in Inglourious Basterds and the intensity/deadliness of a pre-Magneto phase Erik Lensherr in X-Men: First Class.

Hiddleston comes off as too soft for Bond in my opinion. Doesn't have the edge.

Agreed on both. Fasbender would probably have made an excellent Bond, not too smooth, not too rough, and he could give off that necessary edge.

Hiddleston, on the other hand, gives off too much of an effete vibe. I would have thought that little Hiddlestunt he pulled with Trailer Shift, would have put him out of the race for the role.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Hiddleston, on the other hand, gives off too much of an effete vibe. I would have thought that little Hiddlestunt he pulled with Trailer Shift, would have put him out of the race for the role.
    Given her fame and reputation, I think it might have actually helped his name recognition. I am much happier that it's actually over, but nevertheless, it did help elevate his name into the public consciousness with a whole group of global Taylor fans.
    Trailer Shift
    =))
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited March 2017 Posts: 7,973
    @ToTheRight well Scott Adkins seems a bit of a one-trick guy. Very good at that trick, he is an increadeable fighter, but that would make Bond more a Xander from xXx then Bond. Ellis has a very wide range in acting. I love him as Lucifer Morningstar, even though it isn't a very Bondian role. But seeing the other roles he's played, which are very diverse, I think he has it in him to master Bond as well.

At least he looks more the part then Hiddleston, who does absolutely nothing for me. He can't seduce, which Bond should be able to, and is too much of a nice guy. I find him very unconvincing as ex-sas in the King Kong trailers. Fassbender could be, I'm quite open to that possibillity. Hardy is a definite no for me. Just doesn't come over as beeing able to be a gentleman- and still be as hard as nails. He does the latter, but in a streetfighter way.

@BondJames I would advice to check out Lucifer, Ellis is no where near the Stratham catagory. (and it's a fun series, two seasons now).
    @CommanderRoss, I will try to check out Lucifer. I wasn't particularly referring to Ellis when I made the comment, but more these Hardy types who look like they've spent too much time in the gym. Bond shouldn't look like a ruffian or bouncer.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    No worries, I guessed that allready. Do so, even if you don't think he's Bond material, it's a fun series.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hiddleston has great hair in the night manager though
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    @CommanderRoss,

I suppose Craig has sort of opened the door for non-conventional looking future Bonds. However, there comes a point when it simply isn't the same character. Pretty much why I've developed the nasty habit of sarcastically suggesting names like Kenny Rogers, Tom Petty, Jason Alexander or Kermit The Frog to take over as Bond..

Technically speaking:

Kermit is American,

A frog,

And green.

Not that automatically excludes him from the part but it's going to be a struggle for him at the Bond audition...

\:D/

Kermit is no more silly a suggestion that Idris Elba. They are both the wrong skin colour for the part and so have an equal chance.
  • shobairshobair London
    edited March 2017 Posts: 85
    i found this photo from internet ! anybody know him ? (:| :|

new-bond-unknown3284157149_947954158704175james-bond-2018-bond-25-26.jpg
    Crime watch?
    talos7 wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Do You guys want turner to be bond ?

Yes!

No. Hiddleston.

Exactly, no Hiddleston ;)

Yep. Forehead is too big!

Should we ?...you surely arnt putting him forward for Bond..or is it you maybe ?
    Things happen only to special fellows. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Can someone raise the bar in here please? It's way too low. :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    Can someone raise the bar in here please? It's way too low. :))
    Turns out there's no actor worthy enough to play Bond anymore. :))
  • shobairshobair London
    I heard that daniel craig said i'm not gone yet . it guess that he will play for bond 25 and also bond 26 ;)

edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    If only we had this thread when Craig was cast. I can only imagine the furor that would have resulted.

I'll admit that some of the proposed candidates are sorely lacking in a certain something, but then so was Craig in 2005 as far as I was concerned. They can do wonders cleaning people up these days.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Whoever gets cast as the next Bond, whenever that is, chances are its going to be someone folks have already dismissed as not good enough; and I can't wait to see all the posts stating how excellent the choice is and how much he has "it". I can see it now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Whoever gets cast as the next Bond, whenever that is, chances are its going to be someone folks have already dismissed as not good enough; and I can't wait to see all the posts stating how excellent the choice is and how much he has "it". I can see it now.

Would be hilarious if what you say happens if EON casts Jamie Bell. He's probably the only 'well known' actor brought up in rumours who was ridiculed faster than Idris Elba on this thread.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I wouldn't even know what to say or how to react if Bell was cast. I just know I'd have a huge lump in my throat and a heavy heart.
    Idris Elba.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I am confident no one would be upset with Amy schumer as James Bond , at least the media woundnt
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I am confident no one would be upset with Amy schumer as James Bond , at least the media woundnt
    Articles will pop up saying how it's "liberating" and how it's against "oppression" and "the bullies can shove it". Expect that, at least, from the BBC and the Daily Mail.

Where's Al Bundy when you need him?
    Hollywood tends to give the public what it wants, and the fact that Bond has remained male, white, straight, and British speaks volumes.

It seems Anthony Horowitz is right about one thing: Idris Elba probably won’t be James Bond—and neither will any other black actor.

When it comes to Idris Elba, looking like you could take a couple punches in a pub brawl isn’t a marketable quality. It’s just another barrier to entry—the ultimate indication of a system that sets black actors up to fail.

But for an actor like Daniel Craig, having a “street” vibe is an asset. Arguably, it was why Craig was hired to replace Pierce Brosnan, following a decade in which the property devolved into punny kitsch.

Roger Moore: "Although James may have been played by a Scot, a Welshman and an Irishman, I think he should be ‘English-English". Correct.

'The New James Bond will NOT be black' Pierce Brosnan destroys Idris Elba's hopes. Correct.