The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 1,856
    While Mr. Nolen is busy taking Batman to new heights Cartoon Network is trying to counter this with this monstrosity.....

Beware the Batman

<blockquote> Crime-fighting vigilante Batman teams up with new sidekick Katana and his gun-toting butler, Alfred Pennyworth to defeat crime in Gotham City, such as the evil Professor Pyg.</blockqoute>

Apparently it's going to be more serious (cough)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 9,779
    very cool

and honestly I'm interested in Beware the batman to be honest Batman has so many interesting villains i would rather see an animated series pull from the large untapped batman villains then another show with 40 Joker episodes.
    It forgets to mention that Katana is a 9 year old ninja.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    very cool

and honestly I'm interested in Beware the batman to be honest Batman has so many interesting villains i would rather see an animated series pull from the large untapped batman villains then another show with 40 Joker episodes.

Batman without Joker is like film without actors/actresses, writers, and directors! You can't have one without the other. Is this show doing their own villains? I've never been unfortunate enough to have heard of Professor Pyg.
    Virage wrote:
    It forgets to mention that Katana is a 9 year old ninja.....

They'll probably try to intersect some tale about the kid's parents dying. Just so they don't make the kid the spawn of Bruce and Talia.
    Professor Pyg is relatively new being developed in 2010 when Dick Grayson is Batman. And sorry I disagree look at Mr freeze Two Face Lock Up Harley Quinn Ra's Al ghul Ventriliquest/Scarface Killer Croc and Clock King all villains that got there chance to shine due to Batman the animated series and all of them did an amazing job. Whose to say you can't do great things with KGBeast, Nocturna, The Spook, Black Spyder, Ratcatcher, Professor Pyg, Sensi, or Lady Shiva
    ^^ If her comic counter part is anything to go by no.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Professor Pyg is relatively new being developed in 2010 when Dick Grayson is Batman. And sorry I disagree look at Mr freeze Two Face Lock Up Harley Quinn Ra's Al ghul Ventriliquest/Scarface Killer Croc and Clock King all villains that got there chance to shine due to Batman the animated series and all of them did an amazing job. Whose to say you can't do great things with KGBeast, Nocturna, The Spook, Black Spyder, Ratcatcher, Professor Pyg, Sensi, or Lady Shiva

It depends solely on the character's motivations and how interesting they are. Batman has the luxury of having a great main cannon of conflicted and deep villains.
    Virage wrote:
    ^^ If her comic counter part is anything to go by no.....

Lady Shiva Nocturna i mentioned a few girls which character are you saying no to?

Supprised this got through our very tight roumer webs...
    111011_073436.jpgall credit to "The Dark knight rises roumers"
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Is there anything else to back this up?... It would fit with everything else, as we know what Nolan is like but it's almost too good.
    If that's true it sounds like the film might be getting a bit bloated with too many characters. We still dont know anything about JGL's character and I doubt it's going to be a bit part.
    Steven wrote:
    If that's true it sounds like the film might be getting a bit bloated with too many characters. We still dont know anything about JGL's character and I doubt it's going to be a bit part.

WAIT! Gordon had kids. A son and a daughter. Its 8 years later, they'd be in their late teens probably.

So JGL and EP as Gordon's kids? AWESOME
  • But JGL is playing a whole new character, and Ellen Page isn't listed on IMDB.... I smell fake on this one...

BUT you're absolutely right about the 8 years later, so we could see Gordon's kids as teens (although they'd certainly be too young to be played by JGL and EP)
  • I wish heath ledger wasn't dead, I would've loved to have seen the joker pop up in the film for a small cameo. I would've had him in arkham, and batman has to go and question him to find out what he knows about bane.
  • ;D

2008_the_dark_knight_004.jpg
    IRONY ALERT

Trailer #3 for DCs TDR will be shown with Marvels The Avengers.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/dark-knight-rises-trailer-to-pair-with-marvels-avengers-release/
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 660
    interesting does it make any sense for two different comic companies to promote one film for the other.....DC vs Marvel
    Hopefully trailer #3 comes online not soon after, because I refuse to see The Avengers. The only thing it'll do is offer a botched story, throw in action and explosions, and prompt DC to make an inevitable JLA movie. Whhhhheeeee.....
    interesting does it make any sense for two different comic companies to promote one film for the other.....DC vs Marvel

Actually Its Not a new thing....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_vs._the_Amazing_Spider-Man
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_and_Spider-Man
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA/Avengers
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TDKR trailer being attached to the Avengers will help them a great deal, similar to the undeniable fact that many people saw TDK purely out of morbid curiosity. Avengers will be a massive hit, it's already getting rave reviews across the board and is tracking to be the biggest film ever made. Any movie would be lucky to have their trailer attached to it and that includes TDKR, which I'm sure is going to be an amazing film anyway.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,767
    So I better start watching repeatedly the likes of TDK, CR, Das Boot, and Heat in order to get into shape for that run time :D .
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    bondbat007 wrote:
    May I present....Trailer #3

xxx
    Ah thank you @Marketto007, I wasn't sure how to do that
    bondbat007 wrote:

OMG Me I want to see it now!
    I guess from all of the Nolan Batman films there has only been one trailer that got me really excited and that was the #2 TDK trailer
  • Hyperventilating.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, this really sealed the deal for me: bring on July 20th.
    Trailer #2 was much better, but that doesn't change the fact that this film will be moving and so chill inducing. Nolan, you are one amazing man. Bless the stars that you and Batman crossed paths!