The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

This new trailer doesn't really have the same impact as the previous one or the The Dark Knight trailers had, still I'm sure the movie will be amazing.
    I am extremely excited
    This movie I will most probably see when it gets released on those shiny disks, especially after being so let down with BB & TDK. They both failed to woe the Batman fan in me.
    My god--- that trailer looks AMAZING!!!
    Does anyone think Bruce will die in this one? It would sure be a bold move... I never even considered the notion of them killing Bruce Wayne in an acual movie, but this trailer sure as hell points to it. I guess it wouldn't be the first time a movie has taken creative license with a comic based movie. I guess we'll see.

Anyone know any details about the character JGL is playing? Based off the trailer, you could argue that he's more the protagonist than Batman! An odd move for a Batman movie, lol

Also, Bane sounds awesome and he will ROCK
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Being the final one, I think anything goes this time.

I prefered this to the last trailer, personally. I can't wait for this, I really can't.

Shoot me but it's top of my list this year with Skyfall at number two.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I prefered this to the last trailer, personally. I can't wait for this, I really can't.

It's alright. They keep switching places for me. Depends on what's happening. Still can't wait for this though!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My impatience is growing as the countdown is nearing its end. Having anticipated this film since 2008, I just know what it means to me and boy, it's a lot! If this film disappoints me, and somehow I'm confident it won't, then I'll be a broken soul. :-)
    People on twitter are going around saying that The Avengers was better than what they think TDKR will be.

I hate it when people over react and say stupid things. There is no way in hell Josh Whedon and his gang of washed up, monopolistic super heroes has a chance with Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,691
    DarthDimi wrote:
    If this film disappoints me, and somehow I'm confident it won't, then I'll be a broken soul. :-)

In a way it will, as after the end credits start you'll say to yourself 'there won't be another Nolan Batman film.' ;) :((
    DarthDimi wrote:
    If this film disappoints me, and somehow I'm confident it won't, then I'll be a broken soul. :-)

In a way it will, as after the end credits start you'll say to yourself 'there won't be another Nolan Batman film.' ;) :((

I don't want to think about it! At least I'll always have Bond.. right? RIGHT?!
    People who have seen a rough cut of the film, say it's a near flawless film and better than The Dark Knight. I can believe that too.

Hopefully Nolan does special editions of the films on DVD/BD with more features soon.

I bet in the coming years WB will release the trilogy in 3D too. Yuck!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Samuel001 wrote:

doubt it..... Nolan seems to have complete and total control over his films, so if WB want to release the trilogy in 3D, they will have to convince Nolan... and he isn't Lucas type.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Nolan's batman is a reflection of society in the eyes of a hopeless vigilante.

The Avengers is an alien brother of a he-god attacking Earth and causing a bunch of mutants/scientific experiments to band together and argue.

Note I haven't seen The Avengers yet, and I'm sure its good.. but its not even comparable to BB or TDK
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

doubt it..... Nolan seems to have complete and total control over his films, so if WB want to release the trilogy in 3D, they will have to convince Nolan... and he isn't Lucas type.

I get the feeling they'll attempt to stab him in the back once all is said and done, just to squeeze some more money from this series.

Having said that, if they want to work with Nolan again, there better not.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Nolan's batman is a reflection of society in the eyes of a hopeless vigilante.

The Avengers is an alien brother of a he-god attacking Earth and causing a bunch of mutants/scientific experiments to band together and argue.

Note I haven't seen The Avengers yet, and I'm sure its good.. but its not even comparable to BB or TDK

It's a great film but has that "comic book" vibe. Like Batman you know what you're going to get. I rank at as one of the best superhero films though, it's up there with the best of them and well worth seeing.
    DarthDimi wrote:

Too right. Nolan has certainly changed things - he's put some integrity back into the art of film making. The anti-Nolan film would be Transformers - Dark side of my arse.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    People on twitter are going around saying that The Avengers was better than what they think TDKR will be.

I hate it when people over react and say stupid things. There is no way in hell Josh Whedon and his gang of washed up, monopolistic super heroes has a chance with Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

:-@
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

So for you it is a fact that Nolan's batman films are better than The Avengers ? people are not allowed to prefer the Avengers to Dark Knight, Batman Begins, or TDKR when it will be out ?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,745
    So for you it is a fact that Nolan's batman films are better than The Avengers ? people are not allowed to prefer the Avengers to Dark Knight, Batman Begins, or TDKR when it will be out ?

No, I'm simply displaying how, after TDK people seem to think Nolan could never out do himself, and that it was as if TDK was a 'lucky' happening. What I'm saying is the same people who once praised him as this great director now underestimate him.

I don't see how the same person can say TDK is a 'perfect film' and TDKR 'will be dissapointing'.

No one on here has said such things, but its spreading in the community. TDKR is being brought up in many of the discussion online about The Avengers, and everyone seems to think it will be a dissapointment! WHA?! :|

My point was that The Avengers and TDK/TDKR are not even comparable. Yes, they're both superhero action films, but their tones are completely in different worlds. People seem to assume that one super hero move has to be better than another, and they can't open their minds to accepting multiple points of view and recognize that something shouldn't be compared!

But like I said, I'm off topic slightly, and nobody on this thread has exemplified what I'm describing, /endrant
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    This movie I will most probably see when it gets released on those shiny disks, especially after being so let down with BB & TDK. They both failed to woe the Batman fan in me.
    You are obviously not a Batman fan then.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:

Skyfall's at no 2 for me too, but Django Unchained is top of my list. TDKR is at 3, and Expendables 2 at 4.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Skyfall's at no 2 for me too, but Django Unchained is top of my list. TDKR is at 3, and Expendables 2 at 4.

What about Prometheus?!

For me:

Django Uncahined
    Skyfall
    Prometheus
    The Dark Knight Rises
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

What about Prometheus?!

For me:

Django Uncahined
    Skyfall
    Prometheus
    The Dark Knight Rises

Prometheus is at 7. I like Scott but this year is packed with films I'm looking forward to. My most anticipated films are

Django Unchained
    Skyfall
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Expendables 2
    The Raid: Redemption
    Piranha 3Dd
    Prometheus
    The Bourne Legacy (would be higher if it had Damon)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TDKR is on level with my Skyfall hype. The deciding factor is that TDKR may bring me to tears, and Skyfall likely won't.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Don't forget The Hobbit. That ought to be very good too.

Skyfall will be top of my list come 21st July, so not long until Bond is back at the top again, just as it should be, as many would no doubt claim.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Does that mean that you are a regular member of a Batman related forum?

• what does it feel that Batman is going to die? And it looks like that boy is Gordon son? with joseph gordon-levitt I think that somewhere Batman will be asked to come back?
    SaintMark wrote:
    You are obviously not a Batman fan then.

I am not a fan of Nolan's version of Batman, I found TDK the most overrated movie of the year and was not impressed.
    So that is why I most probably will not spend my euro's in the cinema for this.
    what does it feel that Batman is going to die? And it looks like that boy is Gordon son? with joseph gordon-levitt I think that somewhere Batman will be asked to come back?

I don't want Batman to die because then I'll just feel really bad for Alfred.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Does that mean that you are a regular member of a Batman related forum?

No, the only forum I'm currently active on is this one.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,450
    More day scene´s or in the late afternoon be a big stepfoward. Bat! thing be that Batman stil sound sick.

The music look like taken from a track of Inception (track 12 - Time), a movie who i haven´t seen yet but there yuse a part of it for tv program.