The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

Thank you. I guess I need to get more up to date with my TDKR.
    Very cool stuff. I know it's way to early to guess but when is theatrical trailer 2 coming out? March? April?

I'm guessing April.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Very cool stuff. I know it's way to early to guess but when is theatrical trailer 2 coming out? March? April?

I'm guessing April.

Either March or April methinks as well. January or February come too soon after the 1st theatrical trailer we just got, and May and June are too close to release, and too late for a second theatrical trailer, in my opinion. My bets are on April.
    It would be way cool to get Skyfall's teaser and the dark knight rises theatrical trailer around the same time.
    Won't happen. EON know that while Bond is a juggernaut, THE DARK KNIGHT earned twice as much at the box office as QUANTUM OF SOLACE did. Since SKYFALL won't be able to compete with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, it makes no sense to debut the teaser trailer around the same time as RISES' second trailer premieres. The blogosphere will light up with talk about RISES, but most will ignore SKYFALL.

The only thing that would make sense would be for the SKYFALL trailer to be attached to THE DARK KNIGHT RISES in July - but since they're not produced or distributed by the same studios, it's unlikely this will happen.
    yeah but quantum's trailer was attached to the dark knight so I'm sure Skyfall's will be attached to TDKR
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If that is true then maybe the official/final trailer around September??
    Don't be so quick to assume. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES will probably go down as one of the most-anticipated films of all time, and with its predecessor earning over one billion dollars at the box office, it is virutally guaranteed to be a commercial success. This means that there will be serious competition among studios to get their trailers attached to RISES, especially premiere trailers, because those trailers will get maximum exposure, what with all the bums on seats that RISES will have. It is by no means a foregone conclusion to assume that SKYFALL will be attached to RISES.
    Warner Bros has "Wrath of the Titans" as their big March movie then the next big film they have is "Dark Shadows" in May. So expect the 3rd trailer for TDKR around then
    I think March is too soon. I'd expect it in either mid-to-late April or early May.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 4,619
    I expect a teaser trailer earlier than usual this time. It's the 50th anniversary after all! Also, The Hobbit (a movie that comes out one month after Skyfall) already has a trailer.
    Also, The Hobbit (a movie that comes out one month after Skyfall) already has a trailer.
    It's also been filming for longer, so it has plenty of footage that can be cut into a trailer.
    Agent005 wrote:
    I'll spoiler tag this just to be safe...
    Total Film is guessing that the man with the cane in the trailer is Bruce Wayne. I'm of the opinion that it isn't. I'd be willing to bet that it's Ra's al Ghul. There will be flash-backs in the film with Josh Pence playing al Ghul, as well as an alleged cameo by Neeson.
    There was footage released a while back that showed Bale/Bruce getting out of his car and walking with a cane into a set. I'm pretty sure we are seeing Bruce there.

Check out the trailer analysis on http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-in-depth-analysis
    Don't go there if you want spoiler free viewing though.

If you look in the reflection in the metal food cover on the tray then you can see who has the crane.
    That along with Bane standing over Wayne saying "When Gotham is in ashes. Then you have my permission to die" makes me think that they have followed the comic story very closely.

This is interesting. If Bane is talking like that to Bruce he possibly knows his identity as Batman.
    He's been seen carrying a broken bat mask in the post-prologue clip reel. I'd say Batman is likely to be unmasked, but probably not in the stupid way Sam Raimi did it in SPIDERMAN 2, where Peter Parker lost his mask in front of a trainload of witnesses.
    The Robin "R" in the trailer is not a call-out to Robin by Nolan:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52365

Apparently, it was actually a fan who slipped it in there.

• type in Google "bane prologue script" and click on a link moviewebDOTcom and you'll see whole conversation written in it
  • TDKR cat version

• tqbtqb
    ^^ haha it's funny how cat woman is a dog.
  • I agree-- If they HAVE to do any origin business at all, do it like they did in the 1989 one. He was Batman from the beginning, and they had a *quick* flashback. That's all we need.
    If people don't know who Batman is and how he got there, then they aren't Batman fans

exactly

If people don't know who Batman is and how he got there, then they aren't Batman fans
    And that would be a valid argument if the films are only being made for Batman fans.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,767
    type in Google "bane prologue script" and click on a link moviewebDOTcom and you'll see whole conversation written in it
    So, in other words, the notion that Nolan was asked to improve Bane´s voice is utter rubbish. In that clip, Bane´s voce is the easiest to understand of all the voices. And it´s beautiful. I wonder if there will be one or the other subtle reference throughout the film to Darth Vader, what with the mask over his breathing apparatus ;) .
    I wonder if there will be one or the other subtle reference throughout the film to Darth Vader, what with the mask over his breathing apparatus ;) .

Dont put ideas into George Lucas' head as he's already fleeced Star Wars fans on no end of occasions with minor changes to the films :)

• If people don't know who Batman is and how he got there, then they aren't Batman fans
    And that would be a valid argument if the films are only being made for Batman fans.

well if you don't like batman then why would you go and see the film. We don't need another origin story in the next reboot just in case some people have never heard of batman before. Just do what burton did, have him start of being batman and maybe throw in afew flashbacks.
  • I was always under the impression that everyone likes Batman ;)
    TDKR cat version

That´s plain scarry. lol Thundercats are go!
    i just dont get the reboot reboot reboot reboot super hero thang....then again most sp films bore me to death.

well if you don't like batman then why would you go and see the film.
    One reason would be if it´s a cool film that resonates with me. I don´t read comic books or graphic novels, and I don´t like Burton´s gothic comic ambience, let alone the images of the following two films. But I like BB and TDK, and I´m already hyped for TDKR. So for me, to like or not like Batman is very much a matter of the presentation.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
    Some details on Anne Hathaway's role within the story:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52425

Looks like she's allied with Bane at some point.