The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

You can still google both of them. The trailer is still on vimeo. I think I saw the prologue on dailymotion. And hi to anyone from WB who might be reading this :p

The clock is ticking away. Tick Tick Tock.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Haha, I saw a bootleg of the prologue, well the top half of the sceen anyway. Looks truly amazing.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, thanks Shark. I still back my argument that Marion Cottillard should have played Catwoman. Fits the look (and is far more attractive) far better than Anne Hathaway.
    Sam if you want Pm me i'll give you details how to grab both
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,782

Looks depressing. I've posted it but if it has to be taken down please do, it will rise again soon.
    Thank you!
    That plane stunt is pure Bond!
    Selina Kyle is the 99%?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I had very little trouble understanding Bane. The only times when I did have trouble hearing him were when the audio quality bombed out.
    I had very little trouble understanding Bane. The only times when I did have trouble hearing him were when the audio quality bombed out.
    Me too. I thought it was because I'm not English native speaker.
    Same. I never really understood the criticisms of Bale's Batman-voice, either. I can understand him perfectly well, just as I can Bane. I don't think the critics are simply looking for something to criticise, but rather that they're just expecting it all to be handed to them.

Anyway, I now understand why they described the prologue as being like a Bond film - it is a Bond film. It's essentially the same thing as the LICENCE TO KILL pre-title sequence (when Bond and Felix went "fishing" for Sanchez), but on steroids.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I was able to track them both down but not in the quality provided, so thanks guys.

I really like what I've seen so far. The trailer builds excitement and the start of the film is amazing. Now I want Skyfall to top it.
    Sorry @shadow, I didn't read you correctly. I did had trouble understanding Bane!
    Risico007 wrote:
    I don't need characters spelled out for me but a couple of cool quotes is always good.
    But trailers are not all about 'cool quotes'. I have never seen a trailer do that. The purpose of a trailer is to inform the audience about the film in a such a way that they generate interest. Nolan's trailers do this through exploring the themes of the film, and this trailer does exactly that. This is what Selina Kyle says:
    <blockquote>""You think this can last. There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, 'cause when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."</blockquote>
    It's a warning that Gotham is letting its guard down when it cannot afford to. We see this early in the trailer when someone points out that the mayor is planning to remove Jim Gordon from his position because Gotham is experiencing "peace". Selina is telling Bruce Wayne that he - along with the rich and powerful - needs to shore up Gotham's defences, because when Bane arrives, people are going to suffer. And when they do, they are going to demand to know how the mayor and the police and the politicians could ever let it happen again, especially following the Joker's reign of terror. The city has traded on Harvey Dent's legacy for far too long and has become complacent.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have to say, the prologue was not as bad as I thought it would be. I still have my reservations, but they are lessened for the time being.
    It will be better in the actual cinema. Right now, it's shot through a dodgy handicam.
    Its still eons beyond anything anybody else is producing. With Nolan you know your not going to miss the two hours of your life.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Its still eons beyond anything anybody else is producing. With Nolan you know your not going to miss the two hours of your life.
    Everyone can screw up, even Nolan. This could well be that time.
    Or it could be something that is not a screw-up.
    My worry is expecting TOO much. You were just too marvelous for words, TDK.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    My worry is expecting TOO much. You were just too marvelous for words, TDK.

This looks like TDK extended. My fear, if anything, is that it will copy too much from TDK, which isn't a problem at all. It seems bigger than TDK though. He needed dozens of A-listers all willing to fill their roles for the film!

Come on, I don't see how on Earth you could have second doubts about TDKR. What looks wrong with it? Granted Anne H. looks a bit out of place, and I would much rather Marion Cottillard be Catwoman, but the trailer gives Anne some substance. She looks like she'd be a decent fit.
    Guys, don't worry about it - Nolan said he would only return for a third film if he could find a good story to tell. He was afraid that he would commit to a third film and then get halfway through and grow bored because he realised it was unnecessary. That's the thing about Nolan: he doesn't do things in a half-arsed Brett Ratner way.
    Guys, don't worry about it - Nolan said he would only return for a third film if he could find a good story to tell. He was afraid that he would commit to a third film and then get halfway through and grow bored because he realised it was unnecessary. That's the thing about Nolan: he doesn't do things in a half-arsed Brett Ratner way.
    If there has ever been a director I can count on, it's Chris Nolan. I just hope that remains true come summer 2012.

Honestly, it's going to take an absolute disaster to make THE DARK KNIGHT RISES a bad film. Nolan is clearly invested enough in the story to make it work, and it's not like he's shooting it straight off the back of THE DARK KNIGHT. He took a break and made INCEPTION before even thinking about a third Batman film.

And based on the trailers, the story is looking very good. Here's what I'm predicting: Bane will commit atrocities across Gotham to highlight the differences between classes. While the rich and the powerful are safe and secure, trusting to Harvey Dent's "legacy", the poor and destitute will be the ones to suffer. This will draw Batman out into the open, where Bane will attack him and try to destroy him, proving that Batman is only a man. The truth about Harvey Dent will probably come out here. With both Dent and Batman destroyed, the masses will turn on the rich and the powerful, and tear the city apart.
    That Catwoman suit is disappointing and she should atleast have a mask to conceal her face properly. I thought Nolan was trying to be more realistic? Unless ofcourse the cat doesn't care if people recognise her...

Sad that it's all ending. Atleast Nolan did three. I would like them to pursue the series but in the spirit of the Nolan films and they should try and continue them on from where The Dark Knight Rises finishes. It's just so unnecessary having a reboot when Nolan did it so well.
    Catwoman looks fine. Nolan evidently felt there was more to her than sex appeal, and so felt that something practical was more suited to her than tightly-bound leather.
    TDK is going to be VERY hard to top. But even if TDKR is as good as Batman Begins, it's still going to be an amazing movie. Really can't wait for this film. "In Nolan we trust"
    I'm glad to see there's less popular hate directed towards him this time around. As soon as it became apparent that THE DARK KNIGHT was a good film and that general audiences were enjoying it, a lot of people turned on Nolan for no other reason than because his film was popular. It's like little niches of people seem to think that they a film can only be good because they were the first to say it was, or because they enjoyed it first; as soon as that film branches out into the wider public consciousness, they start hating it and the director.
    I'm glad to see there's less popular hate directed towards him this time around. As soon as it became apparent that THE DARK KNIGHT was a good film and that general audiences were enjoying it, a lot of people turned on Nolan for no other reason than because his film was popular. It's like little niches of people seem to think that they a film can only be good because they were the first to say it was, or because they enjoyed it first; as soon as that film branches out into the wider public consciousness, they start hating it and the director.

This is true in all forms of entertainment. Take COD for an example in the world of video games. But it amazes me for somebody to watch TDK and say it's overrated. Nolan is a mastermind and so are his films, nobody can argue that
    I'm probably about to undermine the point I just made here, but COD (and BF) deserves criticism. The gameplay mechanics are deliberately dumbed down to make the game quick and easy to pick up, and the single-player campaign is little more than an extended tutorial for online multiplayer. I don't deny it's popular, but I much prefer the HALF-LIFE games; they don't have regenerating health or cover-based shooting, so they're much more challenging (and hence much more rewarding) to play.
  • I know i
    Same. I never really understood the criticisms of Bale's Batman-voice, either. I can understand him perfectly well, just as I can Bane. I don't think the critics are simply looking for something to criticise, but rather that they're just expecting it all to be handed to them.

Anyway, I now understand why they described the prologue as being like a Bond film - it is a Bond film. It's essentially the same thing as the LICENCE TO KILL pre-title sequence (when Bond and Felix went "fishing" for Sanchez), but on steroids.

After all I've been hearing im really looking forward to this, especially since licence to kill is my fave bond film. And I've only heard bane in the trailers but I think I'll be able to understand him, and people criticising bales batman voice is stupid, I think it makes alot of sense for him to change his voice like that, and I understand him