The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    This movie I will most probably see when it gets released on those shiny disks, especially after being so let down with BB & TDK. They both failed to woe the Batman fan in me.
    You are obviously not a Batman fan then.

I am not a fan of Nolan's version of Batman, I found TDK the most overrated movie of the year and was not impressed.
    So that is why I most probably will not spend my euro's in the cinema for this.

Your humungous loss. We'll never get better quality in a Batman film that what Nolan has honored us with.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    This will be a tv watch for me, just like the last two Batman films. I'm not really a Batman fan, i've not read the comics so I don't know how close they are. But taking the films as they are, they have not bowled me over. I found Ledger to be annoying to watch, that facial tick was grating on my nerves. I also cant stand Bale, which makes watching any film he's in a chore. They one will no doubt rake in the money, but i'm not going to rush out to see it.
    what does it feel that Batman is going to die? And it looks like that boy is Gordon son? with joseph gordon-levitt I think that somewhere Batman will be asked to come back?

Sorry I thought bane disables batman at the beginning and then the rest of the film is like rocky 2 batman comes back and kicks bane's behind.
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    This movie I will most probably see when it gets released on those shiny disks, especially after being so let down with BB & TDK. They both failed to woe the Batman fan in me.

I am not a fan of Nolan's version of Batman, I found TDK the most overrated movie of the year and was not impressed.

Your humungous loss. We'll never get better quality in a Batman film that what Nolan has honored us with.

So far I still prefer the two Burton Batmans easily over Nolans version with nr. 2 being closer to perfection.

And while nothing but good about the dead, i truly disliked the last Joker performance. And Bale does not rate high on my scales either, and his voice as Batman is simply hilarious.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

So far I still prefer the two Burton Batmans easily over Nolans version with nr. 2 being closer to perfection.

And while nothing but good about the dead, i truly disliked the last Joker performance. And Bale does not rate high on my scales either, and his voice as Batman is simply hilarious.

Your opinion is your opinion, and thought it pains me you are entitled to it. I'll only consider you off your flipping walker when you say the Schumacher films are the golden age of Batman films.
    I like the Burton two Batmans I said, the next two I am not sure what to think of but I never did see them more than once and that was enough.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Your opinion is your opinion, and thought it pains me you are entitled to it. I'll only consider you off your flipping walker when you say the Schumacher films are the golden age of Batman films.

He said Burton not Schumacher.
    That was beautiful. I almost wept. That doesn't happen a lot with trailers.
    doubleoego wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

I know, hence me saying that when he says he likes Schumacher's films best I'll consider him nuts.
    doubleoego wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

I know, hence me saying that when he says he likes Schumacher's films best I'll consider him nuts.

Great. Now can we stop this!!!
    ^
    Well, tell us how you really feel. :|
    Hate to say it, but this film looks depressing as hell

<url>http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/</url>;
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Hate to say it, but this film looks depressing as hell

<url>http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/</url>;

Pretty sure that's not by accident ;)
    Okay this is big

Bale wouldn't mind suting up again for a fourth time, Under certain conditions.

http://darkknightrisesrumors.com/2012/05/bale-open-to-don-the-suit-for-an-fourth-time/
    Virage wrote:
    Okay this is big

http://darkknightrisesrumors.com/2012/05/bale-open-to-don-the-suit-for-an-fourth-time/

Trouble is, says here that Bale would only do it if Nolan came to him with a script, and Nolan has said that this will definetly be his last Batman film.
    No more! No more! I can always count on Nolan to leave good things alone, ie. Inception.
    Virage wrote:
    Okay this is big

Trouble is, says here that Bale would only do it if Nolan came to him with a script, and Nolan has said that this will definetly be his last Batman film.
    No more! No more! I can always count on Nolan to leave good things alone, ie. Inception.

Um, He will be Batman's 'Godfather' for a few more years i.e.: chose his successor and over see the script. It will be a re-boot to help set up 'Justice Leauge'.

Virage wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    Okay this is big

Um, He will be Batman's 'Godfather' for a few more years i.e.: chose his successor and over see the script. It will be a re-boot to help set up 'Justice Leauge'.

That's the issue. It is only to setup JLA to compete with The Avengers, instead of Batman for Batman's sake. It doesn't appear to be that at this time.
    Forgive me as i am no expert but which heroes other than Batman and Superman are in the Justice League?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Forgive me as i am no expert but which heroes other than Batman and Superman are in the Justice League?

Depends, Usually: Batman, Superman, Flash (Film due about 2014), Wonderwoman (2016?), Aquaman (planned) and Green Lantern.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Justice League is always changing. Most currently it's Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Cyborg. They may have added some more since the last time I bought one (got to issue 6 of the newest series)

What they *could* do technically is have Bale's Batman team up with Cavill's Superman. Now that would be something! Nolan even has a hand in both of those movies!
    If 'World's Finest' was Bale's supposed 'fourth Batman movie' then I'd die happy

bat-supes21.jpg
  • Virage wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Depends, Usually: Batman, Superman, Flash (Film due about 2014), Wonderwoman (2016?), Aquaman (planned) and Green Lantern.

Martian manhunter and Hawk girl
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    In a funny aside to comics news, I was talking to my equally nerdy friend about the news regarding a superhero from the DC Universe coming out as gay, and I asked him who he thought it would be. His answer: Martian Manhunter. The moment had "that's my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" written all over it, being such a great joke, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with anyone who is gay. Your choice is your choice. The last thing we need around here is another set of hate posts.
    It's Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern. The average joe doesn't even know who he is, lol
    It's Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern. The average joe doesn't even know who he is, lol

I saw that.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/01/DDU11ORI9P.DTL
    There is gonna have to be a few intro movies for the other charactors then? and fast if they are looking to compete with the Avengers?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    There is gonna have to be a few intro movies for the other charactors then? and fast if they are looking to compete with the Avengers?
    They will have Superman, Batman, bring back Green Lantern, and I do believe that is it so far, yes? They do need to get rolling. My only worry is that the quality will drop if they rush these out just to get a JLA film done. They could just make JLA and forget about the solo films/intros for each character. But, if the Avengers was set up in 4 years, maybe JLA can do it in 3?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    They will have Superman, Batman, bring back Green Lantern, and I do believe that is it so far, yes? They do need to get rolling. My only worry is that the quality will drop if they rush these out just to get a JLA film done. They could just make JLA and forget about the solo films/intros for each character. But, if the Avengers was set up in 4 years, maybe JLA can do it in 3?
    A drop of quality doesn´t seem to be such a big problem, considering that Green Lantern and Captain America were pretty lame films, the Hulk films weren´t that superb either, and Superman has yet to prove his quality.

The Avengers shows that if done right, the characters don´t need introductory films. Problem is, there´s not many directors around like Joss Whedon.

The thing with Justice League is that not everyone is really that interesting enough to warrant their own movie- Batman, Superman and Green Lantern are good to go- we could do with Wonder Woman if done right, and I'd totally see a Flash movie if there was one, but Cyborg? Aquaman? Martian Manhunter? Nobody would see a movie just about them (at least I don't think so....)

Marvel had it right- HawkEye and Black Widow are on the team and did not need solo films. They did however have roles in Thor & Iron Man 2 respectively. Justice League could take that route
    double post