The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Me, too. I will lay down and let it take me with its beauty.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am planning on going with friends to a midnight release, so they will have serious blackmail material on me when I break down. I don't know how
    Nolan will end it all, but I know I won't exit the viewing with dry eyes.
    Which is why I might go with a very close friend, or by myself...just in case.

Or, I join you, and we shed waterworks together.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Which is why I might go with a very close friend, or by myself...just in case.

Or, I join you, and we shed waterworks together.

We'll just have to keep telling ourselves "real men cry, show emotions, real men cry..." :))
    Haha, absolutely!
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 5,767
    doubleoego wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

The Avengers shows that if done right, the characters don´t need introductory films. Problem is, there´s not many directors around like Joss Whedon.

Eh? How did you come to such an assumption? The Avengers showed that these characters DO need their own introductory movies prior to an ensemble movie. Every major character appeared in a movie prior to the Avengers to varying degrees and the overall quality of the prior movies still doesn't dismiss the importance and the validity of introductory movies and this is precisely one of the reasons why the film was such a massive success because there was already a ore-established level of understanding of who these characters were and where they came from and so the ensemble movie allowed for the film to get on with a story who's seeds had already been set in prior.

If the JLA movie try this without the necessary planning and establishment of their core characters the film will be a mess and let's be honest here, how many worthy DC film are there, superman 1 and 2 (horrendously dated), batman, batman returns and the Nolan trilogy thus far. These are the best DC have to offer, spanning over 30 years?? And you think DC can just jump straight into a JLA movie?? Hmm, I think you need to think about this a little more. A lot of hard work and preparation went into planning the Avengers movie and it'd be unwise to dismiss that and shoot an ensemble cast of superheroes without introductory movies first.
    To answer your introductory question: I came to said assumption because I myself haven´t seen many of the other films, yet I had no problem connecting to the various characters. In fact, for a long time I had no intention of watching The Avengers, because I´m not fond of most of those comic heros. Yet the film entertained me quite a lot. I haven´t seen Thor, and I didn´t see the full introdution to Cpt. America, because the respective introductory film bored me so much I left halfway through. I never felt the slightest boredom while watching The Avengers.

One thing I don't get... If Batman has been gone for so long, Wayne would've been gone too, right? So would somebody not have put two and two together?
    Why does Bruce Wayne have to be away if Batman is not present??
    Another article on Nolan not doing a fourth 'Batman' film, and midnight and marathon tickets are on sale now. Not sure how long it will be before they're sold out, so act fast:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/christopher-nolan-batman-the-dark-knight-rises/
    Samples of the soundtrack are available:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91517
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Have my ticket booked for the 20th July 15.00 IMAX Bradford.
    A The Dark Knight Rises game is coming to iOS and Android :D Trailer with gameplay at the link: http://batman-news.com/2012/06/13/the-dark-knight-rises-mobile-game-coming-soon-ios-android-video/
    Booked for the Bradford IMAX too on opening day. The score sounds incredibly promising for an epic finale to the Nolan batman films, the end tracks certainly has a tragic ring to it, wonder what that will signal. Exciting!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I love how the score has built and built over the course of the series. This one sounds like the peak, in so many different ways.

I can't wait now. It's ever so close.
    Here's a really cool looking fan made poster for 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' later this summer:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Fan-Posters-550x801.jpg

And here's a new image scan from 'The Dark Knight Rises' of Wayne Manor. I honestly don't know much about the film, as I've attempted to steer clear of all material, so spoilers - as unlikely as they may be - could be involved:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Wayne-Manor-TDKR-550x381.png
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Some official advertising for 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' here:

521311_10150850013917413_1045894560_n.jpg

dark_knight_trilogy.jpg

hr_Licensing_Expo_2012_40.jpg

I love the name for the series. When did this become it's title?
    Now that's what The Dark Knight was missing!! The NEW Wayne Manor-- complete with BATCAVE!! Can't wait
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I might have to watch BB and TDKR on DVD before I head straight out to the cinema to see TDKR. That way I can see the full trilogy in a row.
    I might have to watch BB and TDKR on DVD before I head out to the cinema to see TDKR.

That's what I was thinking. I don't live close enough to an AMC or IMAX theater to do either of those. Come to think of it, I don't have plans or tickets yet for TDKR, so I'll have to get on that very soon.
  • oo7oo7
    Is the dark knight rises game canceled? is the ipad game the closest thing we will get to seeing what it would have looked like?
    Here we are: new images of The Bat from the film:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91536
    oo7 wrote:
    Is the dark knight rises game canceled? is the ipad game the closest thing we will get to seeing what it would have looked like?

Never In Development. Due to the fiasco of The Dark Knight: The Video Game.
  • oo7oo7
    @virage So you think the monlith title they were working on could have been the inception game that was canceled?
    anyways i forget the character animators name but he pulled his showreel because warner brothers didnt want the game leaked but people grabbed all the screen shots

http://samar-vijay.cghub.com/images/ there the artists profile. shame shame shame if this is canceled
    Monolith was working on a Batman game? Awesome. I loved Condemned: Criminal Origins. Very cheap price at stores now, worth checking out if you haven't yet.
  • oo7oo7
    Well they made gotham imposters but screen shots of a leaked cityscape was released. then this guy had detailed bane models and some video featuring the batpod was pulled from youtube.
    My train of thought here was that the game may still be in development but under deep cover. much like expendables which no one knew about untill it was rated.
    I was just saying though the Ipad game may be a look at an inferior port of the game though?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,535
    Here's another new TV spot:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EECW85ZW2FM?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EECW85ZW2FM?version=3&hl=en_US"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    "I call it The Bat and yes Mr. Wayne, it does come in black." Great line.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    "I call it The Bat and yes Mr. Wayne, it does come in black." Great line.

Lucius: 500,000,000 Bruce: 0. :))
    A detailed look at the Batwing...

Detailed-Look-At-the-Batwing-in-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bale seems to have gotten thinner in each subsequent bat movie.
    Can't wait to watch this movie. I hope it is a fitting finale to the trilogy.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Bale seems to have gotten thinner in each subsequent bat movie.

I think that might be intentional, considering that Bruce Wayne is in a declining physical/mental/psychological state and the fact that it's been 8 years since the last time he's been Batman.