The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow...deep breathing...focus. on. deep. breathing techniques...
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,541
    I love the manhole one, how Bane's eyes make the Bat symbol.

New IMAX spot and full gallery revealed:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92268

Hot Toys unveils Batman figure for the film:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92264
    @Virage, you can use this thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1246/coming-soon-to-consoles-the-upcoming-games-thread/p23#Item_684

It's a shame to hear. Not sure why they would create new DLC that would tarnish such an excellent game. Real shame, indeed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Virage wrote:

This reviewer is spot on. This DLC was utter tripe, and I wasted 10 PSN dollars on it. It does nothing to enhance or stimulate you, and doesn't set up any potential events or give winks to ideas for future games. And worst of all, it ruins an ending that literally punches you in the gut and leaves you feeling as if the whole world has collapsed around you. DO NOT BUT THIS DLC. I am trying to forget it as we speak, but it isn't easy.
    While this is a compilation of the last few things I've posted - and though I'm not sure if it was involved with the production notes link on the previous page - there is a quote and a link within this that leads to Nolan speaking vaguely about the finale. Not so much a full-blown spoiler, but it does talk about it:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-highres-images-show-christopher-nolan-work/#more-130916
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,044
    A new featurette with comments from people from the film! It is very interesting and it doesen't really put down my excitement for the film...

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for this. Early reactions seem very good so this is the winner, it was expected to be. Great video, under three weeks now.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This movie is going to take over 2012's movie year, both box office wise and popularity. I'm sure nothing is going to beat it.

In two days the tickets will be released here in Sweden!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Without 3D, I'm not sure if it will pip The Avengers as they now account for a lot of the extra earnings for films but it'll give it a damn good run for it's money and at the very least tie what's it done. Plus The Hobbit should take in quite a lot of dough.

God knows what WB does with Batman next. :))
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I know I won't be disappointed I have loved all Nolan's work and been a fan since Memento and was one of those that actually caught Begins on the big screen.

I can see a similar thing happening here as with TDK, once the reviews started to appear the hype was ridiculous people were initially posting that the films was amazing and the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately like all things that momentum can only sustain for a period of time before the back lash starts.

Those people who feel Nolan is grossly overrated and they hate the his Bat films will appear and a few years later we'll get the situation we have the TDK, constantly reading people saying it was overrated, Begins is better and you wonder if it was all a knee jerk reaction at the time and once the dust settled people changed their perception of the film.

I personally still carry the same opinion of TDK that I had nearly 4 years ago after walking out of the IMAX screening the opening day, I have never seen since a blockbuster as good and while I can't put in the same hallowed ground as my 2 favourite blockbusters of all time Jaws & Raiders it puts to shame the majority of any other films that as appeared in the commercial arena since it's released.

When we have the likes of Bay & Cameron making utter nonsense driven by C.G.I it's so refreshing we have a film maker like Nolan who prefers practical effects, concentrates on character, wants to tell a story and deliver something not seen before in this arena.
    Hearing them talk about taking it back to the silent era when all they had was their surroundings and sets to create an effect give me goose bumps. I am now so hyped for TDKR which seems from early reports to have done the impossible and topped TDK.

I mentioned this in the Nolan remake OHMSS thread but if EON ever wanted a shot at billion dollar Bond then Nolan is the man to do it, I can't imagine they'd surrender control over to him like he would want but if the Broccoli's had to give up their control of Bond to anyone and I know this comment will be incredibly controversial, If they announced that Nolan was taking control with WB I wouldn't be disappointed.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I agree @Shardlake ! But keep in mind that TDK is considered as one of the best movies ever made by many people. And i have the feeling that TDKR is going to be even more epic and even better!

After i've watched the Two previous ones on the premiere, i'm sure i'm going to sit in the cinema With very high expectations!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Remember in 2008 when some people (mostly non-comic fans) complained that The Dark Knight was too long? Wow, wait till they see this one! :-P

As far as I'm concerned, the more Batman the better. It was been a long break since the last one.
    Coincidentally, we had to deal with a similar break from Bond.

The Dark Knight & Quantum of Solace in 2008
    Dark Knight Rises & SkyFall in 2012

Too bad SkyFall won't be pushing 3 hours. (or will it?)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bond movies will always make money and the producers will do what they feel is best for them in order to continue telling and making gripping Bond adventures. What other film series us celebrating 50 years or has come even close to making 23 films?
    Nolan may want to direct a Bond film but the fact is, the Bond movies have been here before and have done and are doing fine without Nolan. EON have their way of doing things and if it's a problem for Nolan then too bad. He's a good film maker but he's not the best or the only one out there capable of making a Bond film.
    Shardlake wrote:
    if EON ever wanted a shot at billion dollar Bond then Nolan is the man to do it.

I've never thought of this but I think it's chances of happening would greatly increase with Nolan as the director, you're right. If EON want this achievement - something a number of series now have - he is the man to do it. Maybe in time, he will helm a Bond film. As long as everything fits in with everyone, it's very possible.
    This film is the only thing he has on his plate now, aside from any rumors. IMDB - though unreliable - has him slated as doing TDKR for 2012, and that's it. Perhaps if it worked out, and he took a break after completing this incredible trilogy, he could wait around to do Bond 24? It's possible, as his last four films have had two year differences in terms of release. That, or he could do what he did with 'The Prestige,' and work on a film now, and be ready for Bond 24 come filming time.
    If Mendes has already told EON he's not interested in coming back, conversations with Nolan could already be well underway. If this is the case, it would fit for both EON and Nolan in their cycles and Bond 24 may be his.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    If Mendes has already told EON he's not interested in coming back, conversations with Nolan could already be well underway. If this is the case, it would fit for both EON and Nolan in their cycles and Bond 24 may be his.

Indeed. The timing is too perfect, and hearing Nolan tease the idea for years makes me want it to happen even more. What's also crazy is the thought that they could be talking about it right now, and we have no idea. We're left to speculate, and they know so much more than we do.
    They've talked, seriously, about it in the past. That can only be a good thing. As if, everyone wants it to happen one day, it is just a question of when. Having a script, from what we've heard, done, also helps. It's very exciting, to think just where we go from here.
    Just thinking that it's Bond 24. That's it. And before we know it, time will have flown by, and we'll have an official title. New cast, new villain, new plot, new stills and trailers and videoblogs to get excited about. Even so, look at where we are now: those in the UK have a little over three months until Bond graces their cinemas. And to think, it feels like just yesterday that it was eight months until shooting began.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I still remember when CR was known as 'Bond 21'. Time flies !
    CR was when I started to follow the films. DAD was the first I saw in theaters, and I only saw a few stills and the trailers for CR, then I followed QoS pretty closely, and now, I'm here to take in SF with you all. Before we know it, Bond 24 will be upon us, but for now, I'm focusing on SF's release. I can't wait for the new trailer.

I would ask if anyone plans on seeing TDKR opening weekend, but I'm sure most of us plan to see it at some point. I'm seeing it that Friday - unless it's sold out - then going to Ocean City the day after. Going to be a very good week.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    CR was when I started to follow the films. DAD was the first I saw in theaters, and I only saw a few stills and the trailers for CR, then I followed QoS pretty closely, and now, I'm here to take in SF with you all. Before we know it, Bond 24 will be upon us, but for now, I'm focusing on SF's release. I can't wait for the new trailer.

I would ask if anyone plans on seeing TDKR opening weekend, but I'm sure most of us plan to see it at some point. I'm seeing it that Friday - unless it's sold out - then going to Ocean City the day after. Going to be a very good week.

I'm going to book it tomorrow. So i will see it on the opening day!
    Ocean City Maryland, @Creasy47 ?
    @MrBond, do be sure to show up one to two hours early, as that's how all those shows seem to go. I casually went out to see 'The Avengers' at midnight with a few buddies of mine, and we had some pretty terrible seats because we waited so long to show up.

I know a few of you live in Pennsylvania, Maryland, etc., and I live roughly fifteen minutes away from Winchester, VA, which houses (the last time I checked) the only Alamo Drafthouse on the eastern coast. They're doing a Christopher Nolan trilogy of his Batman films before TDKR is released. $20 for a ticket, which is weird, because student tickets are usually only $7, and the $20 doesn't even pay for your TDKR ticket. But, if you do end up purchasing a ticket for the marathon, you get to reserve your seat for the midnight release, and you needn't wait in line. You can watch the films and just wait in your seat for TDKR to start. Sounds pretty fun.

http://drafthouse.com/movies/the_dark_knight_marathon//winchester
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MrBond, do be sure to show up one to two hours early, as that's how all those shows seem to go. I casually went out to see 'The Avengers' at midnight with a few buddies of mine, and we had some pretty terrible seats because we waited so long to show up.

Yes but here in My town i guess that the interest isn't so big for a movie. So there will be no problems.
    @MrBond, that isn't too bad, then. Sometimes big theaters can be a bad thing: people talked about 'The Avengers' during the entirety of the viewing, and it was really hard for me to pay attention. But, when I saw 'The Dark Knight' during the midnight release, everyone cheered at a few parts, and we all applauded the film at the end. It was an incredible experience, I guess the make-up of the crowd can change the whole time you have.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. Nolan said: “It would have to be the right situation and the right time in their cycle of things.” I believe he means he would want to make a Bond film with a new actor playing Bond. An actor that he would cast, not someone else before him.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Having a script, from what we've heard, done, also helps.

Not in this case. It's more than likely Nolan would only direct a Bond film if it would be written by himself and his brother.

I truly believe Nolan will direct a Bond film in the future but it won't be Bond 24 that's for sure.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It's more than likely Nolan would only direct a Bond film if it would be written by himself and his brother.

In that case Nolan will never direct a Bond film because EON will never give the director that much power over the film.