What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

Oh im sure they would go through it with a fine toothcomb......
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    echo wrote: »
    Oh, the Chinese will take Hollywood money but they will want to make sure the script it not anti-Chinese.

Shame. It should be Bond against Communists again.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    Switzerland. It has striking landmarks, landscapes, culture and architecture. And it would make sense for a villain to hide out there, whether it is Blofeld or anyone else.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kazakhstan, greatest country in the world, number one provider of potassium.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Isn't that where Borat is from? They used it in TWINE.
    Yes, indeed. They sued Cohen, but when the tourists started flooding in, they thought twice about it.
    I love Borat. I've never laughed so hard in my life. The Kazakhs should pay Cohen, not the other way round.
    Cohen is a genius.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I love Borat. I've never laughed so hard in my life. The Kazakhs should pay Cohen, not the other way round.
    Borat is a comedic gem.
    Anyway, how about Barcelona?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Mauritius, South Korea and the main location being France.

@doubleoego, do you want Craig to finish his tenure with something like this?

(3 minutes & 2 seconds mark).

;)

That would be an awesome way for Craig to end his run, taking it back to the grim bloodiness of CR/QoS BUT EoN don't have the balls or creative imagination to come up with anything as badass as this; which is a huge shame because it looked like the start of the Craig era would really explore such brutality in this line of deadly espionage work but now we get Bond being beat up and tortured without a single bruise and seconds later he's making one shot kills against an army of goons from varying distances. James Bond might as well have been Superman in SP.

Dubai can go to hell, how about Scandinavia?
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Norwegian Castle

tumblr_inline_n1q0m4USaX1rvydlk.jpg
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    I see no reason why they should set it here in the Philippines. Boracay in particular, with it's beaches, though our land highways offer a lot of potential for drawn-out gun duels.
    It s actually an old church.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 37
    Australia or New Zealand would be my choice, Bond in the outback, or barrier reef. Plenty of scope for lush mendes or mendes style visuals. Alternatively, I would love China to be used properly, Beijing/Great Wall/Shanghai.
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    GBF wrote: »
    I think it is one more time for New York. The Trump Tower is perfect as the villain lair.

Seeing as the real villain's lair will be the White House
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Norwegian Castle

Norwegian Castle

So Whiterun as a filming location for B25, then?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    With all due respect, can we keep the political comments out of the non political topics.
    jake24 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Borat is a comedic gem.
    Anyway, how about Barcelona?
    I'm totally down for Barcelona and Spain in general. It's a country that has been criminally underused in Bond films imho. I think it was seen most in TWINE (Bilbao), hardly an advert for quality.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames One of the best uses of Barcelona I've seen was in Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'. You could smell the torrid heat, and Penelope Cruze and Scarlett Johansson were insanely sexyful in the film. Javier Bardem was one lucky man in that film.
    @DaltonCraig007, shamefully I have had that film on blu ray for at least 3 years but have never gotten round to watching it. Thanks for reminding me to watch it, which I will do over the holidays.

Another film which I vaguely remember uses the location very well is simply entitled Barcelona (1994). It's a Whit Stillman film, so is quite talky but I remember enjoying it when I watched it many years ago. It's got a charismatic early but small performance by Mira Sorvino.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    It's true that Spain is a strangely overlooked European location in the Bond films. Mostly it has been used to double for other countries (YOLT and TWINE come to mind).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,586
    It wasn't used to double another country in TWINE.
    Yes, it was used for Azerbaijan.
    You're absolutely right. My mistake.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,116
    One thing I like about the comic Hammerhead is that Diggle does pick some different locations in addition to more traditional like Dubai.

But beyond Dubai Bond's mission has taken him to Venezuela and Yemen so far.

Yes, just a comic but still pretty fun to see Bond visit new less obvious places.
  • echo wrote: »
    It's true that Spain is a strangely overlooked European location in the Bond films. Mostly it has been used to double for other countries (YOLT and TWINE come to mind).

Forgive my naivety but which scenes in YOLT were actually filmed in Spain?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

As well as in DAD where Cadiz was used as Cuba. That might have been the most Spain we've ever Seen in any Bond Film actually.

I agree it could be more. But its great to know there are still many many unused great places to visit for Bond even after 60 years

Forgive my naivety but which scenes in YOLT were actually filmed in Spain?

I believe it is the Little Nellie scenes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Japan!! Come on, it's been way too long. And how cool that could be.

And nordic - Norway or Sweden or Finland, fine with me. :)