What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There's certainly great potential there. And as for a fight on top of a bullet train... make it happen! This time however, Dan won't be so quick to say he'll do the stunt himself :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote:
    There's certainly great potential there. And as for a fight on top of a bullet train... make it happen! This time however, Dan won't be so quick to say he'll do the stunt himself :))

Have you seen The Wolverine? It was already done quite brilliantly in that one. But all for Japan. @4EverBonded could be an extra.
    I saw Wolverine when it first came out, but I don't remember that scene. Not surprised it's been done though. I'm sure @4EverBonded could be the main Bond girl ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I am ever so flattered, gentlemen. Thanks for thinking of me.
    @QBranch, back in, say 1980 to 1990, I was possibly Bond girl material in only the general sense (I would have been happy kissing Roger or Timothy and I could say, "Oh, James!" with the best of them) 8->
    Alas, now I could only realistically play:
    a) a teacher nearing retirement
    b) a retired soccer coach
    c) a librarian ... or perhaps ...
    d) the long lost love of a dashing Bond ally, played by Ken Watanabe. ;)
    Well, if there ever were a casting call for extras here, I'd be there in a flash. Ganbatte!

Bond could do more than just fight on top of a bullet train, me thinks. I rather wish we had Deakins photographing Japan, yes!. Hmmm. But surely the producers will get another top class cinematographer. I would dearly love Japan in a Bond film - just part of it is okay with me, it doesn't have to have most of the story set here. It's been too long since YOLT and it would be spectacular.

just part of it is okay with me, it doesn't have to have most of the story set here.
    This is how I feel. Most of YOLT was set in Japan- bar the PTS, so to contrast, the entire PTS or first 30-45mins could be set in Japan. That's just me being picky now- I'm happy with whatever. :)>-
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I know I started the other one (it goes on for 5 pages), but this one has been used the most recently. Could a mod merge them easily? That would be good. Don't know if possible.

I'd love a PTS involving Tokyo in all its modern edginess and quirks and finishing with a great Kabuki theatre fight leading to Bond's escape (perhaps not a fight) on a bullet train fading to ... anywhere else, I'm pretty happy at that point.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,009
    A fight in one of those huge underground wine cellars...

http://www.proensa.com/img/interior_cavas_codorniu.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2014 Posts: 16,330
    QBranch wrote:
    A hotel built inside an abandoned quarry? No, it's not Bondian at all...

Shimao Wonderland Intercontinental Hotel (under construction)
    Chiny-Hotel-InterContinental-Shimao.jpg
    Looks like something out of The Incredibles. ;)

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Norwegian Fjörds:

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=qM7RsNQYuhUWcM&tbnid=GWTaTgBvgfdDsM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhdw.eweb4.com%2Fsearch%2Ffjord%2F&ei=K5xrU5alMsfJOcWvgOAN&bvm=bv.66330100,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNG8R7VxqjD49bSB_pPS0per1OfMEw&ust=1399647642050859

Indonesia in general has plenty to offer & 007 has not been there yet

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=dftPACgNf2RskM&tbnid=H2DP_aYHQBU3jM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.touristlink.com%2Fblog%2Fbromo.html%2Fmount-bromo-java-indonesia&ei=K51rU6HTNIXHOe6jgMgL&bvm=bv.66330100,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNHkpNOlutmIWcuW6440Jlc7oOOzfQ&ust=1399647705321527
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Corp25-1.jpg

The Gherkin, London

Its top could open and emit a missile that would then home in on London.

I don't have a Masters in Geography, but isn't the Gherkin IN London?

Yes I did have a similar thought. Why would you launch a missile from the city you intend to destroy? ;-)

Read Fleming's Moonraker. And that would be "Ian" Fleming.

I have done numerous times and in the version I read the missile is always launched from somewhere near Deal. But maybe you are talking about a version by another "Ian" (sic) Fleming where the villain pointlessly shoots the missile straight up into the air and then lets it fall back down rather than just detonating the warhead on the ground?
    I would love to see more African locations in future Bond films. A Bond film mainly or even entirely set in Sub-Saharan Africa would be a breath of fresh air!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I also think a return to Japan is way overdue.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Since Bond24 is being shot in wintery locations. I wonder if we'll see the former wikileaks office. It reminds me of the Piz Glora underground lab.

media_22919.jpg
    I'm not that keen on Dubai, or any of the other Emirates, for that matter. I find them to be a little tacky, with all the buildings designed to compete with one another, rather than complement one another. It's a place where money is thrown at problems, like they're trying to buy the world's attention, rather than earn it.

So true. We need settings that are more DB5 and less Lamborghini Countach
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 246
    It's been done now (in Skyfall, with the abandoned Island lair), but I always thought post-depression Detroit would be great location for Bond with its array of beautifully decrepit real estate. A villain's lair hidden in plain sight under America's nose, as it were.

article-1370199-0B60782A00000578-479_964x640.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    :O
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As mentioned in another thread, Dubrovnik

[img][/img]dubrovnik_zpsl6rssute.jpg
  • The more Eastern European locations the better, IMO. There are many stark and beautiful and even glamorous tableaux in that part of the world, and few of them have been explored cinematically. In other words, it is a treasure trove waiting to be discovered.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2016 Posts: 45,489
    I have been to Croatia, it was a bit like Norway minus the snow, the mountains and the fjords.

Bottom line-come here instead.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I have been to Croatia, it was a bit like Norway minus the snow, the mountains and the fjords.

Agreed. Norway urgently needs some 007 screen time. The Fjords, coastline and mountains are so cinematic. 'Heroes of Telemark' kind of stuff.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    AceHole wrote: »

Agreed. Norway urgently needs some 007 screen time. The Fjords, coastline and mountains are so cinematic. 'Heroes of Telemark' kind of stuff.
    Norway would have made an appearance in Spectre at one point.
    Interview with location manager Phillip Lobban on Radio 4's The Film Programme - he was a location manager on Skyfall and Spectre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b075mdy7
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,261
    Croatia - Postojna caves, Rijeka
    Serbia - Belgrade
    Malaysia - Petronas Towers
    Qatar or Dubai
    Spain - Sevilla
    South Africa - Johannesburg
    Germany - Berlin
    Switzerland - Zurich or Geneva
    France - Paris
    Belgium - Brussels
    Sweden - Stockholm
    Finland - Helsinki
    Norway - Oslo (Nobel Prize ceremony)
    Czech Republic - Prague
    (yes they shot large portions of CR in Prague, but they did not use the rather beautiful town as location)

Not Austria or Italy, please, we had both countries in QOS and SP, Italy also featured in CR.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    For me ,Australia would be a fantastic and overdue location,with so many options and scenery .

It's also a location neglected by Bond,maybe even throw in NZ as well.

What do you fellow 007 nerds think would be a good location for Bond to go to ,in this,suddenly ,very important film,due to SP ?

Discuss....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nice idea. Definately Japan, for a Garden of Death-type angle.