What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Somewhere historic. Egypt.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    France.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    France sounds good, as does Canada. I'd prefer if they'd kept away from desert environments for a while.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Moscow
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 5,185
    my Nr. 1 is still Dubai. other than that, i checked out Dubrovnik after news broke out that it was being considered for Bond 25 anyways (probably false at this point) and i have to say it's a beautiful little coast town in croatia, i certainly would't mind.

Also, should they really go for a sequel with Blofeld, my number 1 location for his possible HQ would be 'Le Mont-Saint-Michel', which is at the north west coast of France.
    It would also be perfect for a big battle scene
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,586
    Croatia would be excellent. I'm thinking Greece as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mauritius, South Korea and the main location being France.
    Iraq or Saudi Arabia would be the most glamorous.
  • As @barryt007 says, Australia is long, long overdue. Sydney is a gorgeous city and offers such landmark attractions as the Opera House, the Royal Botanic Garden, the wilderness of the Blue Mountains, and so much more. Just filming on location there—if done properly—would make for one of the most visually appealing and fresh-looking and -feeling James Bond films in a long time. Plus Australia offers all kinds of interesting wildlife—landbound and aquatic—which would be a wonderful tribute both to Fleming and to old-school 60s and 70s Bond films.

Hong Kong would provide a wonderful visual backdrop as well and could be used as a springboard for further adventure on mainland China or perhaps a more jungly place in Southeast Asia.

Similarly, 21st Century Tokyo is well due a visit and could be put to fantastic use as the primary setting for a Bond outing, particularly a re-envisioning of Fleming's YOLT.

@00Agent, Le Mont-Saint-Michel looks like a fascinating location indeed! Carries shades of Minas Tirith and looks like something you might find in Game of Thrones. Interestingly enough, I believe the walled city of Dubrovnik actually has been featured in Game of Thrones. I wouldn't mind a more fantasy-genre friendly location popping up in a Bond film. Might add a bit of freshness to the series so long as sufficient familiar elements remain intact. Le Mont-Saint-Michel absolutely could be a modern version of Blofeld's YOLT castle.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Texas, duh
    Wow, Le Mont-Saint-Michel would be absolutely perfect! Eon, are you listening?

Mont-Saint-Michel-3-.jpg
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,844
    Yeah! Here are a few more:

Mont-Saint-Michel.jpg

timelapse-Mont-Saint-Michel-drone-1050x536.jpg

241762653-abtei-mont-saint-michel-benediktinerkloster-insel-huegel.jpg

projet-mont-saint-michel.jpg

26D8D0FD00000578-3005352-image-a-17_1426939629440.jpg

I like the way the tide comes in at times to seal off access by foot. Sounds like something Blofeld would like.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,844
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Texas, duh

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't mind a cinematic reworking of For Special Services if it would mean ridding the series of stepbrother Blofeld and introducing
    his malformed daughter Nina in his place.
    Bring on the Lone Breast Stay—err, Lone Star State!
  • GBFGBF
    Russia would be great. I really wish that we have more espionage next time. Something that we hardly have had in the Brosnan and Craig eras.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 28
    Kenya: Nairobi and Mombasa are both great city locations. Beaches, safaris, stunning landscapes. British colonial history. Time to use sub-Saharan Africa
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Wales
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Mauritius, South Korea and the main location being France.

@doubleoego, do you want Craig to finish his tenure with something like this?

(3 minutes & 2 seconds mark).

;)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Mont St-Michel is a great idea!

Also, Bond has never been to Norway or Sweden.

He was in Prague in CR, but never in the old town.

I know it might not be on many people's lists, I do want Bond to come to Belgium some day. Bruges, Ghent or Brussels would be nice!
    Maybe he could blow up the EU HQ .
    Norway's lack of incentives for film studios make it difficult to shoot in the country.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Texas, duh

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't mind a cinematic reworking of For Special Services if it would mean ridding the series of stepbrother Blofeld and introducing
    his malformed daughter Nina in his place.
    Bring on the Lone Breast Stay—err, Lone Star State!

I wouldn't mind either. I was being somewhat sarcastic.
    Japan
    Brussels, Sri Lanka
  • RC7RC7
    I have a B25 idea in my head that has 007 in (Rural) Northern Ireland for the first 25 mins of the picture.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I have a B25 idea in my head that has 007 in (Rural) Northern Ireland for the first 25 mins of the picture.

I'll go for that.
    Mallory is linked to Ireland,so that could work.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Australia, Dubai, Warsaw, Prague and Amsterdam.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Before reading any replies to this topic, my first response was Australia.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm open to a scenic East European location like Prague or Budapest, or somewhere sunny and exotic like Colombo, Sri Lanka or Goa (to infuse it with that vacation atmosphere as in prior classics DN or TB).