Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Not brothers you Bond nerds,just Bond and M...the 2 actors are very professional ...anyway just a thought.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    M turns out to be Bond's elder brother? Cool! ;)
    Don't give them any ideas!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,901
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He is very world weary in this film....he is a damn good actor and well known everywhere unlike Dalton..

Or the old woman with a machine gun in Goldfinger.

• edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Alright bog off you lot hahaha !!!...bloody Bond nerds ...(just like me he he )..

You are lucky i love you chaps !
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2016 Posts: 8,158
    I think a lot of people get the false impression that Bond should be played by an actor in their 40's because he is kind of world weary and cynical in the novels. However Fleming always envisioned the character as in his mid to late thirties, but who had experienced so much from their short career that they had grown mature and wise beyond their years. I think Bond is more effective as a character when he is played by someone younger. People say that it was a good thing that Brosnan wasn't made Bond in 1987 because "he looked too baby faced", they are kinda missing the point. Anyone who is a trained spy, and a successful one, is devoted to a certain level discipline and over time they become far more mature and experienced than their years suggest.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    40 is the new 30.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Plus most 30 year olds today look like they just graduated from High School. Bond should look grizzled and rough around the edges a bit.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Plus most 30 year olds today look like they just graduated from High School. Bond should look grizzled and rough around the edges a bit.
    Yup.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think a lot of people get the false impression that Bond should be played by an actor in their 40's because he is kind of world weary and cynical in the novels. However Fleming always envisioned the character as in his mid to late thirties, but who had experienced so much from their short career that they had grown mature and wise beyond their years. I think Bond is more effective as a character when he is played by someone younger. People say that it was a good thing that Brosnan wasn't made Bond in 1987 because "he looked too baby faced", they are kinda missing the point. Anyone who is a trained spy, and a successful one, is devoted to a certain level discipline and over time they become far more mature and experienced than their years suggest.

I think with Brosnan in 87 he just didn't look or feel right and I'm not convinced he had the required acting ability to successfully pull it off. There was nothing credible about him to suggest he'd seen anything more than sunsets and shampoo bottles. If you look at Matt Damon in the first Bourne film he was what, 31? but everything about him had this aura of an already established experience and world weariness that developed and progressed with each subsequent entry. I just think that at 34 Brosnan just wasn't ready for Bond.
    Had they done CR in 87 with Brosnan, I think it could have worked. He looks quite ready here.
    X5X0G5nl.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Where's that still from, @Murdock? I've seen it before.
    @jake24, It's a rare still from Brosnan's Bond audition in 86.
    Ah, thanks a lot. I think I recognize it from the "Art of Bond" book. Doing the Tatiana-Bond love scene, I presume?
    You're welcome. And yes I believe so. That or the Bond and Tracy hotel scene from OHMSS. It's a shame the video for it has never been released. I'd love to see it.
    I'm stating the bloomin' obvious here but if Legion is a big hit and runs for several seasons I think that rules out Dan Stevens.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Brosnan in 1987 looked even more frail than he did in GE. Thank Fleming that didn't happen.
    Yeah we got Dalton's frail acting instead. =))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Brosnan in 1987 looked even more frail than he did in GE. Thank Fleming that didn't happen.

Frail?
    I'm glad we got Brosnan when we did.

I meant frail in terms of his appearance. But if we're talking about acting, then we missed out on some copious amounts of Brosnans Pain Face. :D

I meant frail in terms of his appearance. But if we're talking about acting, then we missed out on some copious amounts of Brosnans Pain Face. :D

If Pierce was frail then so was Tim. They both had the same build. They did look similar.
    I don't their build was all that similar. Now I'm not saying that Dalton was build like a brick out house, but his build appeared bigger than Brosnans, pre TND.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I'm also glad Brosnan didn't get to be Bond at an age that young. He just didn't look it.

And to be fair, he didn't look that well in GoldenEye, either. The rest, however? I've no complaints about. He looked at his best in The World Is Not Enough.
    Well said. The 30 something's of today look like their expertise would be Guitar Hero as opposed to Chemin de Fer.

I'm also glad Brosnan didn't get to be Bond at an age that young. He just didn't look it.

And to be fair, he didn't look that well in GoldenEye, either. The rest, however? I've no complaints about. He looked at his best in The World Is Not Enough.

I agree. Brosnan matured nicely in appearance especially after GE.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't their build was all that similar. Now I'm not saying that Dalton was build like a brick out house, but his build appeared bigger than Brosnans, pre TND.
    Agreed.
  • Tom Ellis. He's tall, (6'3") dark and handsome. He can be very serious and even intimidating or flip whatever is needed. He most definitely has that ruggedly handsome yet sophisticated 007 look. Let's not forget a full head of dark hair.

tom_ellis_lucifer.jpg

508.jpg
    I don't think he's rugged by definition. However, lose the stubble, get a classically formal haircut, he might look the part.

However, again, he doesn't have the it factor. No one so far has.
    Agreed @ClarkDevlin ,apart from Fassbender,none of them really do.
    I'm even on and off with Fassbender. Sometimes I think he does, some other times I don't. I think a Bond actor should be looking like a total alpha male who introduced himself to gentlemen's lifestyle.