Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Ewan - he is a bland as it gets, that why never gets to the top.As a DC fan, I would
    think, they will find someone interesting enough to be Bond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,116
    No I don't think it's because Turner is not Craig like. I think it's more because he lacks presence and charisma. Acting doesn't come off too convincing either.

But that's MY take.
    James Bond 007 for Bond 25 ?

107702700-aidan-turner-news-xlarge_trans++aHpCX3iOaf2O25gjbVon1FD8-bJu3HpxK4MCdmKWWbg.jpg
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Yes, but that is the problem. Who Is? DC has had a lot againt him -the looks, the hair, the whatsoever. HE proveds it wrong. Can another?CHARISMA not to forget. He has and had it in spades
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This photo of Turner doesn't do much for me, I'm sorry. Of the rumoured candidates, my preference remains:
    f54ba97fe76f12af36fbbe4ea815f8dc.jpg
    This is the one im hoping for :

michael-fassbender-as-magneto-the-brooding-anti-hero.jpg
    Even better.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think both these gentlemen already ruled themselves out.
    They always do @Mendes4Lyfe ,but if they are approached 9/10 would take the role.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,661
    I think people are still looking at it like "Well, Turner wouldn't make a good Craig type Bond" and I agree with them, but every new Bond is drastically different to the one before. We have no idea what direction they will take Bond next, but if pointers from wider culture hold true, it will be a more irreverent direction. The next Bond won't be anything like the emotional bruiser type, so a slimmer, younger Bond makes sense. I say younger, because as a society we tend to associate cheekiness and mischief with youth, something we grow out of. That is why I like Turner. He can keep that edge that has been established, but mix some of the more playful aspects of Bond that have been forgotten about. Not in a, "let's bring back 70's camp!" sense, in a wholly modern and contemporary way. It's a great time to be a Bond fan! :D

Yeah, good points! Daniel Craig didn't want to copy the previous Bonds - he wanted to be his own Bond - so the next guy won't want to be Craig version 2, he'll want to bring an aspect of his own personality to the role. Can you imagine the next actor in interviews and asked "are you like Daniel Craig's Bond?"

I'm sure he'll get fed up repeating the same reply:

"No!"

:D

I can see him as Bond easily. Considering most of the names mentioned as possible Craig replacements since last year have been IMO about as Bond like as, say, Jason Alexander as 007, Vance looks damn good.
    He was the Transporter in the tv show based on the films. The show ran for two series.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I can see him as Bond easily. Considering most of the names mentioned as possible Craig replacements since last year have been IMO about as Bond like as, say, Jason Alexander as 007, Vance looks damn good.
    And definitely has the acting chops! :D
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    He was the Transporter in the tv show based on the films. The show ran for two series.
    Yep! The second season can be tolerated by some fans (including me) for what it is, but overall was a disappointment. I actually prefer the first season over the films, to be honest, all thanks to Chris Vance's performance.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 8,127
    Just a little montage of Aidan Turner's best bits from And Then There Were None for anyone who didn't get to see the show for themselves.

I cant see it anyway,the stupid company I work for have blocked You Tube.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2016 Posts: 7,993

I'm sold, particularly with a few more years on him.

talos7 wrote: »

I'm sold, particularly with a few more years on him.

That's a very good point, Turner will age into the role well. It's probably going to be another 2 years from now when they start filming Bond 25 anyway. The footage in that video was filmed in early 2015.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Turner in that video looks more like superboy than James Bond.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,692
    EON should use the ' @bondjames charisma meter' to pick the best candidates. Goes from Jai Courtney (1) to Denzel Washington (10). Of course Craig has shown that acting skills are important to Bond, but don't forget that Sir Roger shown that with a 'Denzel certified charisma', you can totally sell yourself as Bond even while being far from the best actor around (no disrespect to Moore, of course). Over 230 pages on this thread, and you probably don't need 5 fingers to count the suggestions that come anywhere close to the 'Denzel 10'.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Charisma is definitely the key ingredient for Bond @DaltonCraig007. I think also it will very much depend on the direction that EON choose to go with the character and the franchise post-Craig.

I hope for a deadly character who can still embody the infinite cool that I felt both Connery and Moore so effortlessly brought to the role. I've missed that for some time.

If they decide to continue on the path with the emotional peels and internal drama, then perhaps a more theatrically attuned actor is required again. Even then charisma is an absolute must, as you note.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    barryt007 wrote: »

It's just musical montage. No acting ...well facial expressions
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894
    That is hardly a good pic of Turner.

I could easily say, you want this guy for Bond...?

3614.jpg

Hiddleston comes of as.... I don't want to say slimy, smarmy maybe. I think Hiddleston would be better suited to an Alex Dimitrios style role.

It might be an obvious choice, but this is the most Bondian pic of Turner which i've seen:

aidan-turner.jpg
    mcdonbb wrote: »

It's just musical montage. No acting ...well facial expressions

Thanks for the head's up mate !
    I think with the longer hair in the front dangling down like that, Turner could embody a Fleming-esque Bond. I somehow feel, though, if cast, the filmmakers might not give him that particular haircut, but opt for a more trendy look. Another point in his favor being we could have him now, and although looking a tad young, when Bonded up so to speak he might still bring a maturity to the part. Or, Danny does one or two more, then in 6-8 years, even 10 years, Turner would still be the appropriate age and probably look better then as Pierce had in GE.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I could easily say, you want this guy for Bond...?

3614.jpg

Hiddleston comes of as.... I don't want to say slimy, smarmy maybe. I think Hiddleston would be better suited to an Alex Dimitrios style role.
    Touché.

Tom has the acting chops to pull off the role with the necessary much needed swagger. I'm unfamiliar with Turner's catalogue, and am willing to keep an open mind, but each photo that's been posted here hasn't really helped. The one above though isn't bad, I'll admit.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @doubleoego, agreed. Turner is too pouty, not enough man to him.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Turner just doesn't have any screen presence unlike Fassbender,Hardy,Hiddleston,to me.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Turner just doesn't have any screen presence unlike Fassbender,Hardy,Hiddleston,to me.

True. Although Hardy is too short.
    That is my reservation with Turner: he lacks presence IMO and I am skeptical about his acting skills. Looks wise he's fine. Age wise too. Sure he looks a tad young but he can mature into the role and we could have him as Bond for a while. But really not sure if he can carry the role or if he can act all that well. I enjoyed his Philip Lombard but then he played an English stereotype.