Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Turner has the look but does he have anything else?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Turner has the look but does he have anything else?

No. ;)
    How many 'Cinematic' films has Turner actually been in,out of curiosity ?

Hidds is at least a bankable Hollywood star...
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I want Daniel Craig back. But I think Tom Hiddleston would make a good replacement. He has the gentleman spy smoothness of Moore, but he can be harder edged like Craig.

Hiddleston remains third in my list of actors I would want to see as bond (with Hardy and Fassbender playing jump rope with the first and second spots) but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was bond
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Fassbender would be interesting. Hardy's a good enough actor but he's 5ft 8in so far too short.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    If neither of you haven't seen Chris Vance in anything, you guys are missing out on a great screen experience. He doesn't have much film credit, if at all, but his career in television work is brilliant.

2878030.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Hiddleston's scenes with Elizabeth Debicki in The Night Manager showed me he could deliver as Bond. He has a certain natural confidence that's highly charismatic and she is a commanding screen presence to stand up to. In contrast, she completely outclassed the chump that is Henry Cavill in The Man From Uncle remake.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2016 Posts: 2,138
    barryt007 wrote: »

This is why TH wont be Bond, Barbs will pick her Bond from left field she won't pay over the odds for a Holywood name, only to then have the trouble of shaking of past characters to make him Bond. Why Craig worked so well. I see her taking a similar approach, it will be someone who has done UK drama and done bit parts in films.

Why I think Turner has such appeal, and this man Eamonn Elliot from Prometheus. Half Scots, Half Swiss. Plays humour very well, but has a really dark mysterious look about him.

https://www.mrporter.com/mrporter/content/journal/120313/otw/mainImage3.jpg
    If neither of you haven't seen Chris Vance in anything, you guys are missing out on a great screen experience. He doesn't have much film credit, if at all, but his career in television work is brilliant.

2878030.jpg

Already 44. Can't see Barbs picking someone who you will get one film out of before having to start the search again.
    We'll never know till something happens, will we? Roger was around that age when he made his first film... And that was almost half a century ago.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

This is why TH wont be Bond, Barbs will pick her Bond from left field she won't pay over the odds for a Holywood name, only to then have the trouble of shaking of past characters to make him Bond. Why Craig worked so well. I see her taking a similar approach, it will be someone who has done UK drama and done bit parts in films.

Why I think Turner has such appeal, and this man Eamonn Elliot from Prometheus. Half Scots, Half Swiss. Plays humour very well, but has a really dark mysterious look about him.

https://www.mrporter.com/mrporter/content/journal/120313/otw/mainImage3.jpg

That s not such a bad suggestion.
    We'll never know till something happens, will we? Roger was around that age when he made his first film... And that was almost half a century ago.

You are correct. I love Sir Roger but it worked for him of his time, what he didn't have in physicality and action he made up for with his charm and sexist humour. I don't think that be enough for a modern audience. Some of the lines wouldn't make it to a film these days /:)

You are correct. I love Sir Roger but it worked for him of his time, what he didn't have in physicality and action he made up for with his charm and sexist humour. I don't think that be enough for a modern audience. Some of the lines wouldn't make it to a film these days /:)
    Chris Vance's physicality is brilliant. Very agile in fighting and even at parkouring. His line delivery is great, too. Check him out if you like.
    I haven't seem much of Vance @ClarkDevlin. He certainly seems to have the physicality, but there is something very generic and male model'esque about his look.

Bond must have an unusual and distinctive presence imho, as he is one of the most iconic screen heroes. I actually believe being distinctive is more important for Bond than being conventionally handsome. The voice must be distinctive too.
    @bondjames, check him out in Transporter: The Series, you'll see what I mean. He does have that intimidating masculine look... Well, he certainly isn't an underwear model or what teenage girls fall in love with, these days, far from it.
    Ok, will do @ClarkDevlin. He's certainly no Taylor Lautner, thank goodness. I sometimes wonder about people's tastes these days.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 4,602
    This is rather a chicken and egg debate IMHO. Surely, the producers will decide what kind of Bond thay want and cast accordingly. So for those saying that TH is not a muscle man, that could be an advantage if they want to take Bond in another direction. So, effectively, there are two debates here:
    Which direction will the new Bond go?
    and, having established that, who best fits that new vision?
    Playing the waiting game is all we can do to learn about. :-\"
    That 'Transporter' series was terrible,i turned it off after 2 episodes.He didn't seem to have much screen presence to me.
    Also at 44 he is too old,and he looks a little 'Daniel Craig'ish and you cant beat the original.

A new direction is required.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. The first season was very solid. The second season, however, was indeed bad.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    To be honest either I'm tired of thinking about it or whatever, but no one mentioned has really struck me as that's the guy.

Many have good points though.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    hmmm.... @ClarkDevlin I enjoyed the second season too actually. Especially the first couples of episodes.

Generally speaking I want a new Bond that actually looks the part.
    I'm quite afraid BB will dish us Craig's little brother up, Jamie Bell. That would be the end for me.
    @BondJasonBond006, as a standalone season, I didn't. But, once you get used to the series, which I did, you might enjoy a segment of it. I loved Violante Placido's casting since I've been a fan of her the moment I saw her in The American with Clooney. But, as a follow-up season to the first, it was a disappointment. Too many forced dramas have ruined the show...
    Especially the death of Dieter. That bugged me like hell.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I agree about the stubble. A feel like a modern day Bond doesn't need to be clean shaven.
    @BondJasonBond006, as a standalone season, I didn't. But, once you get used to the series, which I did, you might enjoy a segment of it. I loved Violante Placido's casting since I've been a fan of her the moment I saw her in The American with Clooney. But, as a follow-up season to the first, it was a disappointment. Too many forced dramas have ruined the show...

Violante is beautiful.

Violante is beautiful.
    Very much so!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 1,661

This is why TH wont be Bond, Barbs will pick her Bond from left field she won't pay over the odds for a Holywood name, only to then have the trouble of shaking of past characters to make him Bond. Why Craig worked so well.

Yeah, I agree. The Bond films are so expensive to make I don't see much incentive for Barbs to pay top dollar for the next guy. Save the cash and find a relative unknown. He'll be mega-cheap to cast but with the prospect of a larger fee for subsequent films.

• edited November 2016 Posts: 1,661
    What about Danny Mac? He's currently in UK's Strictly Come Dancing tv show.

He doesn't come over as sophisticated but if he can act sophisticated, might be worth a screentest.

Does have the baggage of being a soap actor which may be a disadvantage. Didn't harm Russell Crowe's career, though. He appeared in Neighbours!

Can't imagine Mac like any of the Cubby Bond actors - but as a next step after Craig he might fit in. And it goes without saying he'd be incredibly cheap to cast (compared to Craig!).

fanbond123 wrote: »
    What about Danny Mac? He's currently in UK's Strictly Come Dancing tv show.

He doesn't come over as sophisticated but if he can act sophisticated, might be worth a screentest.

Does have the baggage of being a soap actor which may be a disadvantage. Can't imagine him like any of the Cubby Bond actors - but as a next step after Craig he might fit in.

Too much of a pretty boy, I think a Bond actor has to be the type who is attractive in the non conventional sense.
    I'd personally prefer that the next Bond actor not have been on a Dancing show. I'd also prefer that he be a bit sophisticated and not have demonstrated his bona fides on a soap opera.